You can now download the first Galaxy S7 Oreo firmware

Home / News / You can now download the first Galaxy S7 Oreo firmware

It has been a couple of days since Samsung rolled out Android 8.0 Oreo for the Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 edge. The update has only been released in the United Kingdom so far but it’s only a matter of time before it’s released in other markets as well.

We informed you yesterday that the first Galaxy S7 edge Oreo firmware file is now available for download. Many of you have been waiting for the Galaxy S7 firmware file and will be happy to know that it’s now available for download.

Galaxy S7 Oreo firmware

Samsung has rolled out firmware version G930FXXU2ERD5 for the Galaxy S7 in the United Kingdom. It has been released for both the unlocked and Vodafone-branded variants so far. The firmware includes all of the features that are part and parcel of Android 8.0 as well as the April 2018 security patch. The Galaxy S7 Oreo firmware is now available for download from our firmware section.

Samsung will soon release Oreo for the Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 edge in more markets across the globe. The company is shooting for a wider release by mid-May so we still have a couple of weeks to go before most Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge owners across the globe get a taste of Oreo.

We’ll certainly let you know as soon as the Oreo for the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge goes live in more markets.

Firmware news 73

nhk23
7 days 23 hours ago
nhk23

Hi,
Please help me. I downloaded the firmware and tried flashing it via odin. Odin says pass and it turns the phone on but there is not difference. My phone model is g930f. I tried installing uk BTU version

afrarootapp
12 days 16 hours ago
afrarootapp

please android orio for g935v😭😭😭

15 days 2 hours ago
donrojo

It seems to me from Samsung Fota cloud servers that S7/Edge Oreo rolling in UK has stopped. Can anyone from UK confirm this? Also, all European regions seem to have been stuck at the same build for three weeks. This does not seem normal. Usually the builds are tested for one or two weeks!

mrllprado
16 days 1 hour ago
mrllprado

I tried to flash this Oreo BTU using odin on my s7 SM-G930F from Brazil which is not carrier branded and the process got stuck (failed) in system.img and now my phone doesn’t turn on. It’s stuck on the screen with the msg “an error has occurred while updating the device software. use the emergency recovery function in the smart switch pc software.” Can anyone help me? I tried this smart switch but it says the device in not compatible. Please help me!

NaveedAli
15 days 22 hours ago
NaveedAli

Same happened to me and got it fixed. You still stuck

mrllprado
15 days 3 hours ago
mrllprado

I had to take it to the repair shop cause it was driving me crazy. Now it’s working again. I used to flash software using odin on my other samsung galaxy phones before and never had any problems but from now on I’ll just wait for the updates OTA. Anyway if anyone knows how to fix this kind of problem it would be good to post here, or at least a link where we can get the info. THX

irvanknows
16 days 1 hour ago
irvanknows

when samsung galaxy s7 sm series g930FD can upgrade to oreo

Berliotz
16 days 13 hours ago
Berliotz

They pulled out the server the one who appeared (BTU, VDI, VOD). Samsung are incapable!

Houn6
16 days 18 hours ago
Houn6

Is there any way to install it on Snaodragon Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935U, or this is only for Exynos models?

nicocorna
17 days 23 hours ago
nicocorna

I have flashed this (BTU) CSC firmware to my SM-G930F having TTT(UUB) CSC, i’m from Argentina and it’s working perfectly fine. With a completly clean install, the performance comparing with Nougat is notorius, i have tested for a couple of days and i can say that is better than 7.0. A few more features, smooth, nice. Regards.

ajishomo
18 days 7 hours ago
ajishomo

I have s7 edge from vodafone (South Africa), can I download and install the oreo update for vodafone (uk)? The last Nougat Update were the same for both. Is it safe?

ajishomo
11 days 10 hours ago
ajishomo

Somebody help please…..

alienmaan
19 days 3 minutes ago
alienmaan

So, any clue about UAE region update?

nyk432
19 days 2 hours ago
nyk432

Where is the “WiFi Calling” option?!!

izzyo52
19 days 21 hours ago
izzyo52

i fliushed it on my VD2 device and its working good. much better then nougat

NdriqimJanuzi
20 days 1 hour ago
NdriqimJanuzi

Just bricked my s7 after it failed to update via odin. getting the following error: No support SINGLE-SKU
Supported API: 3
Dm-verify error…
E:failed to mount /system (invalid argument)
now I can’t even go into recovery mode. Can’t flash via odin either, it stucks in system.img
just wait for OTA update

Yugraja
20 days 2 hours ago
Yugraja

It is only for UK

Nekirogo
20 days 17 hours ago
Nekirogo

hello, there are five compressed files in the folder … Which one should I install? and even more important: are all necessary?

Jmambuque
21 days 2 hours ago
Jmambuque

I just flashed the ROM on my s7 sf-g930f and it works completely fine, no lags or downfalls.
I think it´s important to install on an unlocked version of S7.

I´m loving the new features and still exploring them but until now i din´t find anything unusual.

NdriqimJanuzi
20 days 20 hours ago
NdriqimJanuzi

I have an unlocked s7 too, but I don’t wanna lose data by flashing it. Did you factory reset or flashed over ?

Axel2212
20 days 10 hours ago
Axel2212

You can use the HOME CSC, your data will not be touched, no need for factory reset

imadyafi1
21 days 8 hours ago
imadyafi1

Flashed the oreo firmware 2 days ago : wifi button not turning on
did a factory reset, flashed again with odin : no result
flashed the nougat cp but still no result,the wifi button won’t turn on .
I really don’t know what to do and what is causing this problem.
If it is the wifi chip, i didn’ have this problem with nougat roms and oreo resurrection remix

sharon2469
21 days 12 hours ago
sharon2469

Is this unlock version? It will work in Israel if i install it?

kbsarfaraz
21 days 14 hours ago
kbsarfaraz

Does VoLTE supports, if not how to enable?

Haohan Wendy
21 days 13 hours ago
Haohan Wendy

Only flash your csc to enable VoLTE

kbsarfaraz
19 days 15 hours ago
kbsarfaraz

So, in this firmware not available. So from where can I get it

21 days 21 hours ago
Ian Rutherford

My s7 edge its not installing the update…. all it does is download the update but its not installing help me

husain1786
21 days 21 hours ago
husain1786

s7 sm g930fd BTU frimware work or not in saudi arabia any body tell me im weting

husain1786
21 days 21 hours ago
husain1786

im living in saudi arabia this frimware suteble for me or not plzz tell me

VIRGIN KLM
21 days 23 hours ago
VIRGIN KLM

I would advice anybody outside the BTU area to NOT flash this. Flashing this firmware on a phone that does not match your area breaks VoLTE and VoWiFi and alot of other region specific stuff. Also it comes with UK specific bloatware that may not work in your region like Samsung Pay and Android Pay that is not removable and will waste space in your phone. Just wait until your area’s update rolls out, it’s just not worth it jumping the train by force.

22 days 52 minutes ago
donrojo

Fresh news: Germany csc region DBT have abandoned testing oreo with April patches. Fota cloud servers xml files show DBT, XEF, etc., (mostly those who already released April patches with the present Nougat) are testing Oreo with May security patches. BTU region, too, but they already released it to public. Other European regions are still testing Oreo with April patches.

alexbell
22 days 2 hours ago
alexbell

My S7 is SM-G930F its ok if i flash this firmware?

abellah20177