PSA: Reset your Gear S3 after installing the Tizen 3.0 update

Home / News / PSA: Reset your Gear S3 after installing the Tizen 3.0 update

You may want to consider resetting your Gear S3 classic or Gear S3 frontier after installing the Tizen 3.0 Value Pack update, as failure to do so can result in it crashing whenever you attempt to open a watchface that’s been customized using Facer, Gear Watch Designer or WatchMaker.

Related: Tizen 3.0 now rolling out to the Gear S3 with Value Pack update

Once you’ve reset your unit, you’ll be able to reinstall all of your customized watchfaces and continue using them like normal; however, we should probably point out that a number of developers are battling with a bug that results in numbers—and text—falling out of alignment.

Samsung is said to be working on a maintenance upgrade that will transport a fix for the glitch, though there’s no word on when it will start making the rounds.

What’s new features does Tizen 3.0 bundle?

Tizen 3.0 brings a number of long-awaited features to the table, including a Gear VR Controller client that lets you control your Gear VR from your wrist, a more intuitive user interface and support for reminders created on a paired smartphone.

Watches 11

gcarmagnani
4 months 14 days ago
gcarmagnani

the update seem that has been removed from servers…… I have downgraded to 2.3.2.3 and the 3.0.0.1 doesn´t appear anymore

4 months 22 days ago
Ty G
Samsung in their infinite wisdom decided to replace the downswipe to go back with a downswipe to view toggles feature. This is the dumbest ‘feature’ I could possibly imagine. This takes a device that was a strong 8-9 in usability and drops it to a 2. Samsung, WTF!! How could you be so idiotic as to deliberately break this feature? You could already access the toggles with a second downswipe, WTF!! You need to fix this ASAP. If you’re unable to fix this I seriously want my money back and you can break whatever TF you want. This device is… Read more »
4 months 30 days ago
Will e Dany Jp

Update Gear S3 SM-R760 ??????????
For the model of Brazil did not arrive :/
TIZEN 3.0 ???

4 months 30 days ago
Will e Dany Jp

Gear s3 SM-R760 ?????
BRAZIL

o0MHJ0o
5 months 5 hours ago
o0MHJ0o

I found an EAS issue after I installed the update, that constantly had me making a PIN for it. something about email content. was infuriating that I could barely do anything with it… I didn’t have to reset my watch, just needed to restart it and the issue was gone.

nathan807
5 months 12 hours ago
nathan807

what about S2 classic update?

DHTML7
5 months 19 hours ago
DHTML7

Only problem I have is battery life is worse. 100% yesterday at 9.00am after update and already down at 60% tonight at 6.00pm. No other problems so far.

n900mixalot
5 months 13 hours ago
n900mixalot

Not seeing any battery life issues here but I have the WiFi-only Frontier. I’ve always gotten the same amount of battery life as you’re posting.

zorglub54
5 months 13 hours ago
zorglub54

Same issue for me…
Battery life was bad, now it’s worse then bad. XD
Note : I did a reset of my watch and it’s still so, so bad…

uvaman
5 months 20 hours ago
uvaman

Does anyone has the problem with watchface and customization? I’v installed 20 watchfaces and
not a single ona can be customized… Is that the problem too? Send me pls one which could be customized to check the problem.

PlumUkr
5 months 15 hours ago
PlumUkr

Only preinstalled watchfacef can be customized. But many of 3rd party watchfaces have a lot of features, like color of image changing by tap or double tap and other.