Galaxy S9 to sport the same Infinity Display as the Galaxy S8

The Galaxy S9 should sport the same shape screen as the Galaxy S8, according to The Bell, which also claims that the firm has already placed an order for the 5.8-inch and 6.2-inch Infinity Display panels for the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+, respectively.

Looking to the future, Samsung is also believed to have commissioned its screen-making division, Samsung Display, to start manufacturing the 6.3-inch Infinity Display that’s set to be on board the upcoming Galaxy Note 8 for the Galaxy Note 9.

In addition, the report notes that Samsung is working tirelessly to find a way to feature the on-screen fingerprint recognition technology that was scrapped from the Galaxy S8 at the last minute on the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9.

If a recent hands-on image is anything to go by, the company should have the optical scanner ready in time as the only technical hurdle it needs to overcome is matching the brightness of the area containing the sensor to the rest of the screen.

It’s a little too early to speculate about both the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9, though we expect them to feature a Snapdragon 845 processor, at least 6GB of RAM and a dual-camera. They should also ship running Android O.

Source

Phones 10

gtone339
1 month 1 day ago
gtone339

Like the S6 to S7, Galaxy S9 = revised S8 with features that was meant to be part of the S8.

Frantzeskos Vorias
1 month 1 day ago
Frantzeskos Vorias

DHTML7 the 128gb variant of s8 and s8+ has 6gb of ram.

[EDIT] S8 + Only. Not the s8

1 month 1 day ago
maaen

Not worth my while without a removable battery …it is sad that the whole marketing nonsense is heading in the direction of denying the end user the right of access to the battery at the time of their choising…a service centre for battery replacements is not to my liking …never will be…furthermore I want to charge the battery every time in an external battery charger…same as I do for my Note 3 and Note 4…I want that freedom….
I guess I will lose out in this kind of thinking….but there it is…I believe in removable batteries pure and simple….

1 month 1 day ago
Johnny Kilroy

Get over the non removable batteries factor. It’s not happening anymore.

warlockba
1 month 1 day ago
warlockba

Honestly, there are several players in the Android game who will offer it (still offer it) and if all else fails, it will be just one reason to hog the old Samsung fanbase who soon will have to replace their durable phones, and are not really happy with the useless bent glass candy. I will never go for a phone where I cannot exchange the battery, even if I have to buy a non-high-end phone. At the “evolution” rate today, this year’s high end will be next years mid-range at 1/3 price – why bother …

mantaka
1 month 1 day ago
mantaka

All we need is a huge battery, I don’t care if its a little bit more heavy and thick also infinity display is good but why not make it shock proof? OFC they would lose $ from the repairs so this is never happening. Wanted Note 5, Note 7 but we all know the story of those to in EU and now Note 8 is not wort the $ compared to S7E. Unless that camera is ages better then now we have on S7E and S8.

DHTML7
1 month 1 day ago
DHTML7

How long have we been promised more than 6GB of Ram. Never happen in the UK

Forys82
1 month 1 day ago
Forys82

Do you need 6GB? What for?

a1awan
1 month 1 day ago
a1awan

It happens for me relatively often, that 3.5 GB of 6 GB on my C9 Pro is used. And that is not during gaming or browsing with 45 tabs opened.
The more RAM the more fluid and snappy the Android is felt. In fact more RAM means Android consume more RAM, resulting in better and quicker user interface.

wpDiscuz