Samsung’s launched its latest Tizen-powered smartphone, the Samsung Z4, in South Africa. The handset is available to purchase through operator MTN and Vodacom, and independent third-party retailer TFG for R. 1,299 ($97).
If you choose to purchase the Samsung Z4 through Vodacom, the carrier will reward you with 1.2GB of data that’s split over 12-months, which equates to exactly 100MB of data per month (on top of your usual allowance).
Samsung Z4 hands-on: Tizen on yet another entry-level handset
Announced back in May, the Samsung Z4 sports a 4.5-inch display with a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels, a 1.5GHz Spreadtrum SC9830 CPU, 1GB of RAM, a 5MP rear- and front-facing camera and a 2,050mAh battery.
The handset also comes with a number of exclusive features, reports Tizen Experts:
- Quick Talk — Lets you use voice commands to launch comm apps. Press the volume down + power buttons.
- Quick Torch — Press the volume up + power to toggle the rear dual-LED light on or off.
- Quick Launch — Quick launch the camera by double pressing the middle button. The app does launch really quickly. Seeing is believing.
- Quick Switch — Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to switch between the last two apps that were launched.
- Quick Reads — Swipe to the left of the screen to enter your news feed.