[Poll Results!] Are you a fan of smartphone leaks?

The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus are probably Samsung’s most-leaked smartphones to date. We’ve already seen the handset from all angles, learnt about their functionality and have some basic pricing details, leaving little for the firm to announce during its event on March 29. This got us thinking, do consumers like seeing leaks or would they prefer that Samsung did a better job at keeping its latest devices under lock and key. Let us know what you think in the poll below.

Results: It’s clear that the majority of people like smartphone leaks. Only a combined 38 percent of readers aren’t keen on them, which hardly compares to the 62 percent who welcome the leaks.

Are you a fan of smartphone leaks?

• I like them, they tell me if a device is going to be worth buying (62%, 1,434 Votes)
  • Not at all, smartphone OEMs should do a better job at protecting information (21%, 491 Votes)
  • Not a fan, but you can't really stop these leaks (17%, 382 Votes)

Total Voters: 2,307

Loading ... Loading ...

Polls 13

sam1975
2 months 3 days ago

If there were no leaks there would me more of a ‘wow’ factor when the devices are eventually announced.

jordanww
2 months 3 days ago

I hate leaks cause I want to be surprised when they announce a new phone. But for the last 2 years smartphone leaks especially samsung ones have been mostly spot on. Anyway I’m not upgrading this year cause I like my s7 edge. I’ll wait for the s9 or note 9 next year.

stondec
2 months 2 days ago

The solution is simple. Don’t consume any leaks.

mrtaxi247
2 months 3 days ago

I thinkits essential for shape and final design for this type of product.

Khlad
2 months 3 days ago

S8 will be revealed 29/03 2017 it’s official

o0MHJ0o
2 months 3 days ago

You did an article on this before, and I still think the same. A massive random big reveal is much better than constant slow reveals. I am excited for the S8, of course. But I have to admit I am much less excited now that I know what to expect.
I remember the Note 4 and Note Edge launch, I knew nothing about the edge and was much more excited about it than the Note 4. If it works in other industries, it can work in this one.

n900mixalot
2 months 2 days ago

The Galaxy Gear launch was like that too. Even the Gear Live.

The Note4 / Edge launch was the last great surprise reveal, and don’t forget that they surprised us with the Gear VR during that same announcement!

billywongwashere
2 months 3 days ago

Leaks are essential to keep the public excited about new products.

Without them people can forget if something new is coming. This is how big companies keep the public enthused and enticed with new offering. I think it’s part of their marketing plans

gomezo
2 months 3 days ago

Leaking details may be useful, but leaking the whole phone months before the big announcement event is a whole diffrent thing.

billywongwashere
2 months 3 days ago

I m sure you are happy to see the s8 design… Though it’s maybe good news to prep yourself earlier for disappointing news.

Kinda like why company provide bad news for internal staff on Thursday so that they have Friday to moan about it and not affect the next week

othmanhu
2 months 3 days ago

I also think the same, especially after note 7 disaster, samsung want to make sure that everybody excited about the s8 and they are sponsoring the leaks!
Anyway it is good for us.

Chris Banks
2 months 3 days ago

I love them. Gimme gimme gimme!

gtone339
2 months 3 days ago

I blame the plant workers who leaks this kind of stuff via WWW, and I do also blame their company for not putting restrictive policy on leaking unannounced products out to the public.