Samsung admits KitKat on Galaxy Note 3 broke third-party accessories, working on fix

If you’ve been fuming with anger and frustration after updating to Android 4.4 KitKat on your Galaxy Note 3 and being unable to use your third-party accessory, well, Samsung has heard your cries. After saying that the update didn’t have anything to do with breaking accessories compatibility, Samsung has now backtracked and said that a bug in the KitKat update is to blame for breaking select third-party accessories. Which is to say they realized it was a stupid move that they weren’t going to get away with, and so they’re now going to fix things up.

Samsung issued the following statement:

We have currently identified a software compatibility issue with the Galaxy Note 3 update to Android 4.4 (KitKat) and select 3rd party accessories. A software update will be available shortly. We are committed to offering a diverse and reliable mobile experience for all customers, providing continued support and solutions for any issues that arise with product updates for both Samsung manufactured and third-party accessories.

It’s good to see the company realizing it has erred, instead of being adamant about the whole “it’s for your own safety as we can make sure all accessories work properly after they pay us money for a license” point of view. There’s no telling when the update will start rolling out, but whenever it does, you can be sure we’ll let you know about it.

Phones 6

1 year 8 months ago

Also not work on S-View Cover!!!

1 year 8 months ago

I bought an OEM S View Cover and it sucks, now with this I can return it hahaha. I’ll get the original one

1 year 8 months ago

And now they are liars! Bye bye Samsung.

1 year 8 months ago

Forgotten to mention that my NOte 3 is having occasional hang after this Kitkat upgrade…It looks like a downgrade rather than upgrade…this must be the start of Samsung dark days ahead!!! hmmmp…

1 year 8 months ago

It’s really annoying and makes me fuming mad after this update and I thought of giving-up Samsung Mobiles….

I’m about to start a crusade against Samsung Mobiles with this experience (on Galaxy Note 3 update to Kitkat) but nevertheless as long as they admit their mistake and willing to offer the fix for this issue, I’m satisfied !

On top of this, Samsung until not yet give me my extra battery that they promise after buying Note 3.

1 year 8 months ago

Bull shit samsung take knox off our note 3 too …we pay so much money ..for nothing …and now even sview cover issue …why are not free buy accessories …we like or can afford …shame coz android is open source. .not samsung Os