Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update now rolling out for Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-I9300)

After releasing Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy S4, Samsung has finally started rolling out the new update for the Galaxy S III (GT-I9300). Galaxy S III users were waiting for this update for several months now as Samsung didn’t update the Galaxy S III and the Galaxy Note II to Android 4.2, and the devices were still running a year old version of Android. We are still not sure why Samsung skipped the Android 4.2 update as we do know that Samsung did internally test a few Android 4.2 builds for the Galaxy S III but never released them and stopped development in midway.

There are quite a lot of changes and improvements in the new Android 4.3 firmware over Android 4.1.2. Samsung has completely changed the core UI to the one found on the Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3, even the setting app has been completely overhauled with a new tabbed interface. The bad news is that even though Samsung has changed the core UI elements, it’s still using the same old original Galaxy S III launcher and widgets. Also, Samsung hasn’t implemented Samsung Knox yet, but we may see it in future builds of Android 4.3. Samsung doesn’t provide an official change log for its updates but after testing a few internal builds and this official one, we can give you folks our own list of changes and improvements we have noticed.

CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS IN ANDROID 4.3 UPDATE
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Daydream
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- New Additions in Notification Centre
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
- Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
- Found more? Tell us about them in the comments below!

The new software update is being rolled out in phases, so it may not yet be available in your country at the moment but don’t worry it will arrive very soon. If your device is carrier branded then it might take sometime as the update has to get improved by the carrier first and only then Samsung will make it available for your device. For now, the new software update is only available in Ireland.
S4-Android-4.3-SM-EDITTo keep track of the countries and carriers receiving the new Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) update for the Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-I9300), check out our live feed below:

To update your Galaxy S III to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, connect your device to your computer and use Samsung KIES or simply use Samsung’s OTA service. To download and install the firmware via OTA, go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update.

Model: GT-I9300
Country: Ireland (Vodafone)
Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 1902166
Build date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 03:29:22 +0000
Product Code: VDI
PDA: I9300XXUGMJ9
CSC: I9300VFGGMJ5
MODEM: I9300BUUGMJ3

All new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmwares for the Galaxy S III (GT-I9300) are present in our Firmware Section, as well. You can use our Firmware Section to manually update your device if for some reason you can’t officially update your device via Samsung Kies or via OTA as you might be using a Custom ROM or if your country has not yet received the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update. Also, bookmark this page as we will keep this page up to date with the latest information on countries and carriers releasing the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update.

SCREENSHOTS

Firmware news 710

thesilicon
7 months 20 days ago

HI,I’VE SAMSUNG I9300 I UPDATE FROME 4.1.1 TO 4.3 BT PHONE IS NOW ONLU EMERGENCY CALL ONLY.PLZ HLP ME.

cutastrocks
1 year 3 months ago

dear samee

that’s very bad thing my next phone definitely not be the samsung phone because you are unable to update your handset properly as after updating my s3 GT-I9300 to 4.3 android which you gave after a looong time when all other companies already provided the same on there sets. then after also it’s the garbage update that u give of 4.3 which have lots of trouble like battery drainage, lots of errors of operating system apps and application errors due to same bug update, if you can not updated touchwiz of your’s so why u imposingly sold this garbage to us as we are not the software engineer dear and sudden u stop the update of this set with the excuse i don’t know.

But i would like to inform you that i was purchase this set on July 2013 from Bansal telecom located in rohini sector-8 and you gave excuse it’s 18 month old that’s why u r not updating ?????? today is 22/5/14 it’s only 10 month old as per my calculation dear.. stop breaching the innocent indian customers dear.

So i want to suggest you that first of all you need to stop selling these products in the market before the timeframe you excuses then only these crap is acceptable.

my next phone definately will be either HTC, nexus & iPhone but not samsung they are crooks ….

very bad response is going in indian market about you by your this decision and you will have to pay for this like the nokia..

mahmoudomar
1 year 4 months ago

I update my Firmware on galaxy S3
but after i finish the touch screen is dead !! not working at all
i did factory rest but not working !!
any help please?

ceciladams85
1 year 5 months ago

Some country sites have 4.1.2 android.
Does it mean that I need get the update OTA(Over The Air) after putting the 4.1.2 on my phone?
Please answer fast

psybient
1 year 5 months ago

are you kidding me, Iran is green but link refers to 4.1.2 … what the hell is going on there with samsung ? it really planning to avoid us?

nostone
1 year 5 months ago

the download listed as the 4.3 download for optus australia is actually 4.1.2

Reginault
1 year 6 months ago

Where do sammobile get its info about the roll out? they are saying that 4.3 is available but it’s not.

kazirahat
1 year 6 months ago

I think there is something wrong with you guys. i am using the Saudi Arabia(KSA) and steel dont have the 4.3. tried OTA and also Kies. Cant wait anymore

ceciladams85
1 year 5 months ago

See if you can help your friends as well
Send them my post and give them my tutorial
I mean others from Saudi Arabia and Emirates

sevensuleyman42
1 year 6 months ago

HELLO MY PHONE GT-i9300 CSD: I9300OJVEMF1 has not yet come to UPDATE 4.3 Please could you help.

XtremeAddict
1 year 6 months ago

The firmware feed is messed up. Please fix it

Safiye
1 year 7 months ago

When the next update (4.3)to Afghanistan for S3 ?

enginear
1 year 7 months ago

Hi everybody. I’m from Turkey and we have reached android 4.3 update for galazy s3 in 21.02.2014 . What abaout thinking users downloaded ORIGINAL UPDATE from KIES for Galaxy S3. Is that previous problems continues or problems solved? If problems not solved which problems are continues ? Can anyone give me an information ? Thanks already from your information.

jadzz
1 year 7 months ago

still no update in pakistan…..when will the update come out for pakistan??

gilbertcr
1 year 7 months ago

What happened to the list? It was already full. I’m from Costa Rica (ICE), and the galaxy S3 was receiving its update on Feb 22nd based on it. Any response?

khashabawey

why saudi arabia update android 4.1.2 ? i need 4.3

dmmhydro
1 year 7 months ago

no idea but din see any update as yet for any of the GCC countries……

fahedmajed
1 year 7 months ago

yea mee tooo saaameee problem i have been waiting 5 months for the update !!!!!!!!!

AHOY
1 year 7 months ago

It says available at Turkey but i dont get any update from kies.And when i click the available text it gets me to a 4.1.2 firmware.Does that available text means it’ll be available at 21 of January???

jadzz
1 year 7 months ago

Firmware is released in pakistan bt still didnt gt the update

ceekay.sickart
1 year 7 months ago

Ok, this is weird! I’m looking at the list which is almost full, my phone has the XSG [United Arab Emirates] version and it says it’ll be available on january 15th. And when clicking on the “Available” link it sends me to the 4.1.2 version of the firmware. Still, my carrier didn’t send me notifications on the update.

dmmhydro
1 year 7 months ago

yep same here for KSA says released on 4th jan but not on kies nor Over network………….

a7medabdou
1 year 6 months ago

me too EGYPT

fahedmajed

mee too in ksa

john1red
1 year 7 months ago

I also had this problem.

anything01

Hi Samsung!
My name is milad. I am iranian, and i am waiting for 4.3 Update for I9300 such as a lot of people in iran.
so…
make a lot of your client happy, in IRAN.

Thank you.

anything01

Hi Samsung!
We are iranian. and we are waiting for the update 4.3
there a lot of people who have i9300 in iran. and there are a lot of days that we are waiting.
so, make us happy! and release it for IRAN (THR) nowadays.

Thank you.

eren0053
1 year 7 months ago

that you will give to update the damn people that waited until the meaning of what is the samsung from bored very tedious took a turn this situation it quick your identity are disturbing for all the users in the rebellion, an iPhone is up looking at one time all over the world or gave updates under it to stay hopefully hope you enjoyed. nothing but a disgrace

MyNameIsGlxy
1 year 7 months ago

I’ve installed INS (India) . It shows too low at speed to respond and also battery drain is too high. It takes 2 – 3 minutes to startup.

umeshrajput2305

How did you install it.
Via OTA or Kies
What was your baseband number.
Mine is I9300DDEMG2

MyNameIsGlxy
1 year 7 months ago

Yeah.. Mine was done through Kies. and now there’s a huge drain of battery Kills almost 4% in approximately 2 mins. Its too slow in performance when compared to previous version. RAM remains too low when more apps are installed. Manufacturers apps are consuming most of it.

Please suggest me some solution to solve my problem

umeshrajput2305
1 year 7 months ago

It shows firmware upgrade complete 100% but the handset is stuck on downloading does’nt move ahead until restart or battery removal

can some one help is the update available on OTA

umeshrajput2305
1 year 7 months ago

Update arrived in India INU but when searched for software upgrade from phone it shows all latest updates already installed. Currently on 4.1.2

MyNameIsGlxy
1 year 7 months ago

There’s a bug.. battery drain is too high. Abort ur upgrade

Shuddho
1 year 7 months ago

updating right now at the moment, eagerly waited for it from ages.

zacharia

OTA or via kies ?

Shuddho
1 year 7 months ago

Via Kies its done. By the first look of it, its really good, no lag till now.

navoff
1 year 8 months ago

Am I the only one not seeing the ripple effect at all? It use to be that when the phone had “gone dark”, I’d push either the power or home button and the phone would wake up and display an image that would ripple if I ran my finger across it before it would display the “Enter unlock PIN” screen. Now, when I wake it up, it goes immediately to the “Enter unlock PIN” screen (which, frankly, looks less finished than the previous version). And what happened to my old wallpaper? it seems to have disappeared (it wasn’t one of the default ones that came with the phone).