Samsung regularly releases security patches for its smartphones and tablets. Most devices get new patches monthly while others get an update every quarter. A few are also on the biannual schedule.
The company previously used to provide security updates for three years. At that time, Samsung only supported its devices for two years of Android OS upgrades. It has since made a significant change in its update policy.
Most Samsung smartphones and tablets are now eligible to receive three major Android OS upgrade. That’s not all. Samsung also decided to extend support for security updates by an additional year. This means that the vast majority of its smartphones and tablets will now receive security patches for four years since launch.
Samsung Galaxy devices that get four years of security updates
Samsung’s new security update policy doesn’t just apply to its latest devices. Eligible models released since 2019 are also on this list. Most upcoming Galaxy phones and tablets will also receive four years of security updates.
- Galaxy Z Fold series: Galaxy Fold, Fold 5G, Z Fold2, Z Fold2 5G, Z Flip, Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy S series: Galaxy S10, S10+, S10e, S10 5G, S10 Lite, S20, S20 5G, S20+, S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra, S20 Ultra 5G, S20 FE, S20 FE 5G, S21 5G, S21+ 5G, S21 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note series: Galaxy Note10, Note10 5G, Note10+, Note10+ 5G, Note10 Lite, Note20, Note20 5G, Note20 Ultra, Note20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy A series: Galaxy A10, A10e, A10s, A20, A20s, A30, A30s, A40, A50, A50s, A60, A70, A70s, A80, A90 5G, A11, A21, A21s, A31, A41, A51, A51 5G, A52, A52 5G, A71, A71 5G, A72, A02s, A12, A32 5G, A42 5G
- Galaxy M series: M10s, M20, M30, M30s, M40, M11, M12, M21, M31, M31s, M51
- Galaxy XCover series: Galaxy XCover4s, XCover FieldPro, XCover Pro
- Galaxy Tab series: Galaxy Tab Active Pro, Tab Active3, Tab A 8 (2019), Tab A with S Pen, Tab A 8.4 (2020), Tab A7, Tab S5e, Tab S6, Tab S6 5G, Tab S6 Lite, Tab S7, Tab S7+
We’ll continue to update this list as and when new models are launched.