Revised Tizen 3.0 update for Gear S3 rolling out now

Home / News / Revised Tizen 3.0 update for Gear S3 rolling out now

Tizen 3.0 is the most recent major update for the Gear S3. Samsung released the firmware as part of its Value Pack Update for the Gear S3 Classic and Gear S3 Frontier last month. Firmware version R760XXU2CQK3 was originally released for the Gear S3. Samsung has now revealed that it’s rolling out a revised Tizen 3.0 update for the Gear S3 starting today.

Revised Tizen 3.0 update for Gear S3

Even though R760XXU2CQK3 is the firmware version that’s supposed to be rolling out for the Gear S3, we dug around and found that R760XXU2BQC5 is the most recent firmware version for the Gear S3 in Europe. It’s the one that was released before the Tizen 3.0 update.

Samsung Netherlands has confirmed in a statement that while the Tizen 3.0 roll out did start last month, it was halted in December. That’s because many customers in North America had started complaining about battery life issues after updating to Tizen 3.0. Samsung recently released another update for Gear S3 owners in Canada to address the battery life issue.

The company has confirmed that it has revised the Tizen 3.0 update for the Gear S3 which it has started rolling out today. The fix for the battery issue is included in this release. The update will be rolled out in phases so it will only be released to a small group of users initially before being expanded to all users early next month.

Watches 24

rxchxrdsj
22 days 21 hours ago
rxchxrdsj

Got an update just now here in the Philippines. but doesn’t say its for Tizen 3.0 in the changelog. Nevertheless, will see if any of the new features are true as it claims. Installing now…

devoidx
23 days 5 hours ago
devoidx

Yep. XSA CSC here (After changing from UAE)
Downloaded and installed.
Let’s see how battery life fairs….

westfind
23 days 6 hours ago
westfind

Got my update moments ago. Malaysia version Frontier.

westfind
22 days 10 hours ago
westfind

Update: 27 December.
Didn’t fix anything. Battery issue still the same.

23 days 10 hours ago
papubhai

Update live finally..
All regions are now getting tizen 3.0..checked on multiple csc’s

24 days 14 hours ago
papubhai

This seems useless or fake news. Not a single new country had got any tizen 3.0 since this news. Only korea usa and canada have tizen 3 updates at the moment. What the hell is wrong with samsung..are other customers not customers? Antrch giant without basic cutomer support.

A2theC
25 days 8 hours ago
A2theC

Still haven’t received the original 3.0 update on my LTE gear s3. :/

25 days 9 hours ago
warrenbaysa

I just dont get it, why Philippines dont have update yet for tizen 3.0 , were just the same buying this product. 😡 #samsung #hello?! #gearclassic3

o0MHJ0o
26 days 16 hours ago
o0MHJ0o

What are you talking about? Tizen 3 rolled out everywhere, including Europe and here in the UK. And battery life is awful, compared to previous versions. And also has an infuriating bug where it keeps asking to set a password for Email content. Needs to be fixed ASAP

25 days 4 hours ago
Biransahin

This was making me crazy too! But it’s easy to fix. Just go to Settings – Security- Gear Lock, and choose None… It won’t happen again.. 🙂

Culdea
26 days 17 hours ago
Culdea

I have version 3.0.0.1 R760XXU2CQK6 and the Battery life it’s ok

DementedJohn
26 days 21 hours ago
DementedJohn

Battery life hasn’t improved for me and I’m on the 3.0.0.1 QL1 firmware.

jtOttawa
27 days 1 hour ago
jtOttawa

On 3.0.0.1 QL1 here in Canada, following the battery bug update this week – will be interested to see the version number for this update.

henklbr
27 days 1 hour ago
henklbr

You are up-to-date…

27 days 1 hour ago
Biransahin

In Turkey I just got R760XXU2CQK3 yesterday and it seems to have improved battery (though mine wasn’t badly affected anyway). I don’t have R760XXU2BQC5 yet.. Are you sure these updates are not for two different S3, lte version and non lte??

henklbr
27 days 1 hour ago
henklbr

R760XXU2CQK3 is Tizen 3, build-date nov 17; R760XXU2BQC5 is Tizen 2, build-date mar 17
You’ve the 1st Tizen 3-release, an update to this version will come

26 days 23 hours ago
Biransahin

Ok, then I have CQK3, the November version, which is the latest one. The article is incorrect then as it’s suggesting that BQC5 is the newest one, which was strange as the firmware numbers suggest it’s older.. Thanks for clarifying which is which..

henklbr
26 days 23 hours ago
henklbr

R760XXU2BQC5 is, at this moment, still te most recent FW in Europe; so that’s correct in the article!
R760XXU2CQK3 is ON HOLD, and the update will have build R760XXU2CQL1

26 days 22 hours ago
Biransahin

Thanks again. Well I just got 2CQK3 last night. It’s on my watch now. 🙂 So if it’s on hold how did I get it?🤔 Lol. I think this article is not quite correct.. My friend in the UK also got 2CQK3 this morning… Doesn’t seem to be on hold there either..

henklbr
26 days 22 hours ago
henklbr

The information from Samsung NL is, that the FW is ON HOLD, and new FW will roll-out.
I had also a look on the server, and the most recent FW is R760XXU2BQC5

frissenm
25 days 2 hours ago
frissenm

Interesting that the 2CQK3 is on hold. I bought an S3 Frontier about a week ago (dutch model) and it has 3.0.0.1 2CQK3 on it (out of the box) 🙂
They’re not very consistent in their versioning I guess.

27 days 11 minutes ago

Ahh ok.. That’s good to know.. Thanks.. 🙂

arrykam
27 days 1 hour ago
arrykam

My gear frontier shows 3.0.0.1 here in india🤷‍♂️

27 days 1 hour ago
Biransahin

That’s what everyone has. It’s the firmware version that’s discussed here. 🙂