Update: In addition to the USA, the One UI 6.0 beta 3 firmware is also available for the Galaxy S23 lineup in Germany, India, and the UK.
Original story follows
After what appeared to be an accidental release of a new One UI 6.0 beta update for the Galaxy S23 series – one that Samsung pulled shortly after launch – the Galaxy S23 series now seems to be getting One UI 6.0 beta 3. For real, this time.
The 3rd One UI 6.0 beta for the Galaxy S23 series is now rolling out in the USA (via @tarunvats33). It has firmware version S91xUSQU1ZWI8, includes the September 2023 security patch, and weighs around 1.3GB. Below is a list containing some of the changes and known issues with the third beta update.
Story continues after the video
One UI 6.0 beta 3 brings lots of bug fixes
The third One UI 6.0 beta firmware for the Galaxy S23 series enhances the video player layout with controls that are easier to reach. The video player also gets enhanced speed controls that let users choose between several playback speeds from 0.25x to 2.0x.
The changelog also mentions a bunch of improvements and fixes concerning:
- Home screen crashes and freezes
- Bixby Call errors
- An issue that would cause freezing when long-pressing the home screen
- An app termination problem when selecting video mode in the Camera app
- Samsung Pay not executing swipe gestures
- Notification bar color errors when running apps in Samsung DeX
- The “When you receive a message” Routine not working
- Added manual settings for automatic restarts in Device Care
- Improved the shape of the notification icon for text messages
Known issues for One UI 6.0 beta 3 include:
- Installation of the Kids app is not possible in One UI 6. It will be possible in mid-September
- On-boarding failure when login is restarted after Samsung Pass initialization and Samsung account logout
- Voice recognition exhibits an “answer the phone” error while receiving phone calls
- Google Assistant has an error when swiping up in a specific situation
The third One UI 6.0 beta update should soon roll in more countries where the beta program is available to Galaxy S23 users, including Germany, India, Poland, South Korea, and the UK.