Update: Samsung has released the second One UI 6.0 beta update in South Korea, too. So, anyone who has installed the first One UI 6.0 beta update on their Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+, and Galaxy S23 Ultra would be able to download and install the One UI 6.0 Beta 2 update on their phone.
Original story follows…
Well, it didn't take long. Samsung started rolling out the One UI 6.0 beta update in more countries moments ago, and it turns out that the 2nd One UI 6.0 beta build is also rolling out for Galaxy S23 phones that were already running the 1st beta build.
We can confirm that the 2nd One UI 6.0 beta is available for the Galaxy S23 series in Germany. The latter is one of the three original countries where the beta program kicked off — the other two being the USA and South Korea. Therefore, it is possible that Samsung will soon release the 2nd One UI 6.0 beta for the Galaxy S23 in its home country and stateside. We'll keep you posted when we find out more.
For now, if you are participating in the beta program for the Galaxy S23 in Germany, you can download the 2nd beta build.
Story continues after the video
Existing beta testers get a smaller file size
Although countries like India which have just joined the beta program get a large 3GB file download, existing beta participants in Germany get a smaller download of 1.7GB. And yes, the September 2023 patch is included.
As to what's new in the 2nd One UI 6.0 beta firmware, the changelog reads as follows:
- Improved shortcut key error when using a keyboard.
- Improved an intermittent infinite loading and playing error when using Netflix.
- Improved Home app crash problem.
- Improved Multi-Window stability in Secure Folder.
- Improved device selection instability in Music Share.
- Improved erase action instability when using the S Pen button.
- Improved execution fail of Repair Mode.
- Improved intermittent Reset issue.
- Improved sluggish performance after software update.
- Improved icon disappearance problem on the home screen.
- Improved the call sound issue when using Galaxy Buds.
In case you want to join the One UI 6.0 beta program on your Galaxy S23, here's everything you need to know, from joining and managing your data to reinstalling firmware and sending Samsung feedback.
We'll be taking a closer look at the 2nd One UI 6.0 beta for the Galaxy S23 and report if we find anything else new and/or unusual. Stay tuned. In the meantime, if you need to catch up on One UI 6.0, you can check out our YouTube video above where we detail the first beta build.