[Poll] How often do you use your Gear VR?

Home / News / [Poll] How often do you use your Gear VR?

Samsung’s been awarding complimentary Gear VR headsets with pre-orders of its latest flagship smartphones in select regions for a while now, so chances are if you reside in the United States and own a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S8, you have one lying around somewhere. Or maybe you even purchased a unit.

This got us wondering: How often do you use your Gear VR? Personally, I use mine at least once a week. Be sure to cast a vote in the poll below, then feel free to expand on your answer in the comments section. Come on, let’s get a conversation going! As usual, we’ll be responding to comments submitted on Twitter.

How often do you use your Gear VR?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Polls 10

Jumhaeg
4 days 9 hours ago
Jumhaeg

I used the Gear VR once, realizing that it is annoying to remove my phone from its protective case so that I may secure the S8+ into the Gear VR. Not only that, the experience isn’t that fun because I wear glasses and the Gear VR slightly presses against the frames of my glasses. Due to the discomfort of wearing the headset, I haven’t bothered since that day. This is a shame because the VR media I had been playing around with was fun.

preime101
5 days 1 hour ago
preime101

I got the first gen version for my Note 4 and whilst it was pretty impressive it sucked the battery dry in minutes, was very slow to load and required me to remove the phone from its case all the time so I didn’t bother after a while. Now sits in a cupboard gathering dust as it is useless for the Note 8.

jsmrosario
5 days 12 hours ago
jsmrosario

I have a Note 8 with a hard to remove case si I seldom use my VR. I plan to buy a cheaper phone that is compatible with it like the s6 edge plus or s7 edge to be able to use it frequently. I wish Samsung created a universal Gear VR that is compatible with all their high res models.

erizzle22
5 days 17 hours ago
erizzle22

i wish i would use it more but this poll just goes to show that sometimes you don’t want to bother taking it apart, putting your phone in then forgetting to unlock the screen so you have to take it out and unlock the screen then put it back in etc. the struggle is all to real!

maccyb
5 days 22 hours ago
maccyb

I’m in Turkey, not the US, and got three free, one with my wife’s S7 Edge , another with Note7 and now with Note8, Gear VR with controller. I’ve never paid for one! There’s lots of apps available now, new stuff every week and with the higher Pixel density on Note8 it looks very good. I use it about once a week on average or twice if some new app interests me. There’re are a growing list of fantastic games like Endspace that are outstanding.

o0MHJ0o
6 days 44 minutes ago
o0MHJ0o

I still find it difficult to find decent VR content. most videos are blurry and not having a swivel chair is a big disadvantage. lol

DavidUpton
6 days 1 hour ago
DavidUpton

Need a ‘less that once/month’ option too!

wpDiscuz