Galaxy S9 firmware development begins, two models confirmed

Home / News / Galaxy S9 firmware development begins, two models confirmed

We have obtained some information about Samsung’s next flagship smartphone. The company has started Galaxy S9 firmware development. The version numbers confirm that there will be two models, which means that we can expect a Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ to be released in 2018.

Galaxy S9 firmware development begins

Two separate Galaxy S9 firmware are being developed, G960FXXU0AQI5 and G965FXXU0AQI5. The model numbers of Samsung’s next flagship smartphones have therefore been confirmed as well. The Galaxy S9 will be SM-G960 while the Galaxy S9+ will be SM-G965.

That’s not surprising, given that the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ have model numbers SM-G950 and SM-G955 respectively. It’s interesting to note that the Galaxy S9 firmware development has started two weeks earlier than it did for the Galaxy S8 last year.

Galaxy S9 expected release date

As you can probably imagine, there will soon be a lot of rumors about the Galaxy S9 being launched ahead of schedule. While that might be the impression you get from the early Galaxy S9 firmware development, it’s just as likely that the Galaxy S9 release will take place around the same time as the Galaxy S8.

Samsung unveiled the Galaxy S8 at a dedicated event in New York City on March 29 this year. It was released in a handful of markets across the globe on April 21. Samsung might stick with the same timeframe for the Galaxy S9 release next year.

As we continue to keep an eye on the Galaxy S9 firmware development, expect more information about Samsung’s next flagship smartphones to surface in the coming weeks.

Firmware news 12

jkcs
2 months 11 days ago
jkcs

hopefully the s9 doesn’t have the notch as seen in the leak videos found in youtube

2 months 11 days ago
Not so popular kid

Hopefully they do go for the s8 release date instead of January. The galaxy X should be the iPhone X competitor not the s9. They need to get fingerprint scanning on the front, A.I chip, amazing Exynos performance to tackle the rising snapdragon series, 6gb of ram, 4k for plus or both and most importantly the glass durability.

gtone339
2 months 12 days ago
gtone339

Galaxy S9, here we come hehe!

gsdworld21
2 months 13 days ago
gsdworld21

Go for the Note8. You won’t be disappointed. Even FPS is easy to use

o0MHJ0o
2 months 13 days ago
o0MHJ0o

Unfortunately I’ve seem to have gotten a dodgy S8+ because it’s been laggy and under performing since the delivery. I know it’s a great phone, everyone says it is. Unfortunately Samsung wouldn’t exchange or fix this one. Now I’m wondering whether to get the S9+ on the upgrade programme or wait for the Note9 – because the Note is what I really wanted. 1st World dilemmas! 😂

2 months 11 days ago
Elyssa Mae

Well I have the Galaxy S8+ with 6GB of RAM and believe me or not, I can run all the apps I want without lags or delays. I ran Asphalt 8: Airborne, Clash Royale, Clash of Clans, GTA: San Andreas, Dead Target, I even multitasked YouTube playing a video. And the online games are not cut. Meaning even when I use another app, it still connects to the server. And swapping apps is very smooth. No doubt, I have iPhone 7 Plus but it causes short delays. Oh, well. This is just based on my experience.

o0MHJ0o
2 months 10 days ago
o0MHJ0o

Again, I know that phone is great. but I have one of those 1 in a million dodgy ones that underperform. Should I wait for the Note9 or upgrade ASAP to the S9?

billywongwashere
2 months 12 days ago
billywongwashere

What apps have you got installed? Reduce using loads of widgets. Usevdev mode to turn off animation in transition and install cm cleaner light to help remove unwanted junk.

That may help

o0MHJ0o
2 months 10 days ago
o0MHJ0o

No different really from when I used my S6 edge+ just a couple of different games, apps and home screen are all the same. I just know that I have a faulty device. Because it shouldn’t be like this, and I’ve read and seen countless times online how great it is. What I wanted people’s thoughts on is whether to wait for the Note9 or not.

stondec
2 months 12 days ago
stondec

I have the Note 8 and it’s an awesome phone. Even the battery life is good (I was concerned about the battery before I got it). Don’t wast your time with a laggy phone, not worth it.

o0MHJ0o
2 months 10 days ago
o0MHJ0o

That is a bit contradictory, so should I wait for the awesome Note9? or switch my laggy S8+ for the S9+ ASAP?

krym73
2 months 9 days ago
krym73

Or maybe just have it repaired or exchanged since its still under warranty. Why wouldn’t they fix it

wpDiscuz