Home / News / [Poll Results!] DeX users, are you still using Samsung DeX or have you given up?
DeX users, are you still using Samsung DeX or have you given up?
  • Yes, I've given up. The novelty wears off. 20%, 343 votes
  • I use it frequently. 14%, 238 votes
    238 votes 14%
    238 votes - 14% of all votes
Total Votes: 1682
19 September 2017
Voting is closed

Samsung launched its DeX wired docking station earlier this year with the Galaxy S8. The accessory powers an Android-based desktop experience from a compatible device. The Galaxy Note 8 is compatible with Samsung DeX as well.

Did the promise of a desktop experience make you purchase the DeX station? What we’d like to know is whether you’re still using Samsung DeX or have given up on it. At what point did the novelty wear off for you?

We concluded in our Samsung DeX review that it isn’t a PC replacement and that power users will be annoyed. However, the accessory is great for basic usage like editing documents and browsing.

Vote below and do share your thoughts about DeX with us in the comments section.

Results: Surprisingly, 41 percent of those who participated in this poll said they have given up using DeX as the novelty wears off. 31 percent say that they use it sparingly for specific tasks while 28 percent use DeX frequently.

Polls 9

2 months 29 days ago
Stevo876
The dex is OK. But, that is all I can say.I love samsung to pieces, and have owned every samsung Note that were manufactures…the exception being Note 7.I got my DeX , loads up all pretty and shiny.but, unfortunately dsiplay support is lacking and they havr stated months ago that they will look into it. My DeX is displayed too large on my screen, which renders anything on both top/bottom and left/right edges unusable. My monitor unfortunately does not have resizing options nor can I turn on/on overscan. This isn’t much a Samusung fault as it is my TV, BUT… Read more »
4 months 1 day ago
biavela

I use it often near my kitchen, I have a display set there with a mouse to watch cooking videos, recipes and stuff like that.

4 months 2 days ago
Martin Eugeniev

I don’t have a cabible device but i would use it often!

Shenoysiddhant
4 months 2 days ago
Shenoysiddhant

If they would give it for free with the wireless charger in my country sure I would use it

4 months 2 days ago
paradexes

It’s awesome when it works. But display support is limited. That’s the deal breaker for me.

maccyb
4 months 2 days ago
maccyb

You guys should really be working for Apple with all this negativity. You would be happier there as I know most of you are Apple fans anyway. Why not be just honest about it.

Martin R.
4 months 2 days ago
Martin R.

Can’t you just stop it already! We are Samsung lovers here!! All of us!! We want Samsung to make better products. And we can critisise their promisses dont we??

Why is that you guys cant take anything negative about Samsung??

maccyb
4 months 1 day ago
maccyb

Criticism is fine. Constant negativity isn’t. I don’t know why Samsung give this site access to their software servers. One of them admitted in a reply to a comment I made some months ago that most of them have iPhones. That’s telling.

maccyb
4 months 2 days ago
maccyb

Dex is great. Managed to get rid of one of my laptop’s and carry a Dex instead. I hardly even use my other laptop now except when doing engineering designs. It has full office functionality, easy to use interface, I have the documents stored straight to One Drive for business, and Google Drive. I can use the AutoCad app to clean up schematics etc all on a bigger screen .. I can see the day I will not have any laptop. I can do everything on this apart from a few things. Glad I have it.