Leaked Galaxy Note 8 case shows an extra large top bezel

Home / News / Leaked Galaxy Note 8 case shows an extra large top bezel

Samsung is expected to unveil the Galaxy Note 8 on August 23, but a lot of renders have been leaked already, showcasing the possible design of the phablet as well as its dual-camera setup. However, a newly leaked image shows a different front facia of the Galaxy Note 8. The image has reportedly been released by a case maker, and it shows a larger top bezel above the phone’s screen.

While most people are expecting Samsung to keep the bezel above and below the screen of the Galaxy Note 8 to a bare minimum, similar to the Galaxy S8 and S8+, the image below showcases a larger top bezel and a non-existent bottom bezel. We’re not too sure about the authenticity of this image, but if this turns out to be true, the South Korean smartphone giant would move away from a symmetrical design, going Xiaomi’s way.

Xiaomi moved the Mi Mix’s screen all the way to top, moving all the sensors and the front-facing camera to a larger than usual bottom bezel. However, due to the unusual placement of the front-facing camera, selfies get captured from an awkward angle. If Samsung goes with a larger top bezel, it would solve the problem related to the selfies. How would you feel if the Galaxy Note 8 comes out with this design?

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Case Leak

SaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

Via

Phones 13

Fremenos
3 months 28 days ago
Fremenos

It’s just to fill the gap in the case. Nothing to do with how Note 8 is going to look like.

maccyb
3 months 29 days ago
maccyb

My grandfather was a farmer, who fertilised his fields with a big machine, and I have to say that Sammobile is actually managing to spread more shite than he did. 🙂

eHoolie
3 months 29 days ago
eHoolie

That looks a lot like my S7E. How’d they get my phone?! (top pic)

gsdworld21
3 months 29 days ago
gsdworld21

I think we’ll see the final design when it’s released and not until. Especially now this new version 2 has appeared online

welcomejacksparrow
3 months 29 days ago
welcomejacksparrow

I don’t think that this will be the design, Where people are expecting minimum bezel, this would be a step backward.

3 months 29 days ago
artocube

Wait..WHAT? Yuck! This is the WORSE concept ever! I strongly believe Samsung will keep its symmetrical design. This is nonsense….

o0MHJ0o
3 months 29 days ago
o0MHJ0o

I am hoping that they will keep the symmetry but add functionality, at the moment the bottom is pointless, it should and I hoped it would for the S8s, have dual front facing stereo speakers.

o0MHJ0o
3 months 29 days ago
o0MHJ0o

I think it is fake but an interesting concept. the wallpaper is the same as the S8s, they may be similar phones but Samsung is not about to advertise the same wallpaper for them!

Martin R.
3 months 29 days ago
Martin R.

Remember Onleaks his render?? Showed the same thing. And of course, the Wallpaper is wrong…

ProdByEchelon
3 months 29 days ago
ProdByEchelon

Wow. Now this is ugly.

Michollstad
3 months 29 days ago
Michollstad

An interesting idea would be to do it like the upcoming iPhone (before it releases, of course):
Put all the sensors in the middle and make the screen go around the sensors and onto the sides. It would look strange, but definitely cool. I don’t want a big lip up top, but a way to work around the camera sensor, iris scanner etc.

Androidfan4891
3 months 28 days ago
Androidfan4891

I can’t disagree more. That would be about the only thing they could do that would stop me from buying it.

wpDiscuz
Android Oreo Mega Deal! One year SamMobile Premium from €55 for €25! Android Oreo Mega Deal! One year SamMobile Premium from €55 for €25! X