Galaxy S7 edge Android Nougat update may not arrive in all regions this quarter

Samsung officially started rolling out the Android Nougat update for the Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 edge a couple of weeks back. The update has gradually been released in several markets across the globe. It’s expected that Samsung will be able to cover all regions by the end of Q1, 2017. However, that might not be the case, as far as the international version of the flagship is concerned.

XDA senior member liquidguru had an online chat with Samsung Support about when he could expect the Nougat update on his international Galaxy S7 edge that he purchased in Singapore. The support rep told him that Nougat will be released in that region at some point between April and June 2017. This may very well be the case for the international Galaxy S7 as well.

It is pertinent to mention here that Samsung support reps aren’t always right about the timeframes that they give out so the update may arrive sooner than this or it may possibly be released even later than the timeframe provided.

samsung-s7-edge-nougat-international

Source

Firmware news 58

aledepon
7 months 1 day ago
aledepon

only mbla mbla mbla….. get to work and dont waste our time SamStory!!!

nikolass5000
7 months 4 days ago
nikolass5000

My S7 is the last Samsung phone i have. Next will be IPhone for sure.

7 months 13 days ago
gixx1000

I have the s7 and no update yet I’m thinking about getting the new iPhone 7 at least you don’t have to wait forever to get a fucking update.

OddaJeveln
7 months 16 days ago
OddaJeveln

I’m confused and somewhat irritated over the releases av the Nougat update to their phones. The software is tested by Samsung before release by their software engineers and when “released” every country/provider are re-testing the software for their respective market. WHY?

No wonder it’s taking so long to get Samsungs phones to get updated in all areas.

StarKnight
StarKnight

S7 will be my last Samsung… there is ABSOLUTELY non reason for Samsung not to distribute Nougat firmware in my country (Italy) or any other country where the Exynos version is used since English BTU is simply perfect… but of course S8 is nearing so they prefer to sell it before updating S6 or S7. That is the real reason behind their decision not to update all countries at the same time.

rmbln01
rmbln01

I understand your frustrations but don’t you see? The number of S7/S7E receiving the update is increasing. That alone is a fact that they’re continuously working to bring N updates to other markets.

G935F/FD and G930F/FD nougat are international firmwares which you can odin flash on your G935F/FD and G930F/FD phones anytime you want.

pzasuwa

It’s easy – some new device needs to be first with Nougat. Every year the same situation and I’m still stupid and I buy the same shitty samsung phones. Hope it’s my last time.

Danny Duong

Another lesson for samsung about keeping their user’s faith

swagadit
swagadit

When i get android 7.0 nougat for my s7 edge Bangladesh

angiejones720

I have the international unlocked version of s7 edge, running the beta version of Nougat 7.0. I thought the unlocked version was getting the update earlier. Now it seems it’s being put back! Any ideas?

Bert Manalili

Still no update nougat in my S7 edge here in Italy. Maybe, my next phone is Iphone 8, Google Pixel or Huawei

WladoW
WladoW

i think Huawei is the same as Samsung, best way to get updates is Pixel or Apple

Wannessi Noureddine

Wtf all that waiting did they make a nuclear bomb or what it’s just a faking stupid update
I think the it well be released when google launch android 8.1.2
This my first and last smartphone (s7) from this company
I m gonna buy the newest upcoming google smartphone

Ahmedkassem111
Ahmedkassem111

The update is tooooooooooooooo late….Samsung was never good with updates.

grazykid
grazykid

I tried the BTU nougat update on my s7 edge(Italy- TIM), but got a bug where my phone would randomly go emergency calls only/no service. Reverted back and hopefully the bug does not happen with the update for the TIM carrier.

redxz18
redxz18

Hope they can just make one update for S7 Edge, release it on a specific date then the whole world receives it! Deym! Those slow updates

Ezequiel955
Ezequiel955

Nunca mas Samsung…..
Dijeron 17 de enero y estando al 6 de febrero cuantos telefonos actualizaron? En cuantos paises llego la OTA? 7?
Menos del 10% de los s7 tienen Nougat.
A SAMSUNG LE CHUPA UN HUEVO EL USUARIO.
SAMSUNG VENDE, DESPUES SE OLVIDA, AHORA LO MAS IMPORTANTE ES EL S8 Y LES IMPORTA UN CARAJO LOS QUE PAGAMOS UNA FORTUNA EL S7.
NUNCA PENSÉ QUE IBA A DECIR ESTO PERO APPLE POR LO MENOS LE DA SOPORTE A SUS USUARIOS

skynet5999
skynet5999

According to Samsung Benelux, they started rolling out Nougat update last week.
This means that Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg will get the update very soon.

Damian Guzik

Ja już z miesiąc mam nugata na s7 Edge jestem z Polski a niby jeszcze w Polsce niema a ja przez otta dostałem

MirceaForce
7 months 20 days ago
MirceaForce

yeah this month we will get the update for sure

Blackberry10
7 months 20 days ago
Blackberry10

I have serious problems with pictures quality on s7 with nougat
Very noisy selfies and rear camera pictures especially in low light conditions
The pictures are very shaky even if the phone is very steady
Any one have the same problems!!!??

7 months 20 days ago
Francesco Sarci

Impossible, it is false, they enjoy stress users, within the month of February will be most updated

walkrog
7 months 20 days ago
walkrog

waiting… waiting… and waitting… Samsung updates too slowly.

adrifoxbg
7 months 20 days ago
adrifoxbg

Bulgaria also waiting
also Bulgaria VVT waiting security patch after August…

walkrog
7 months 20 days ago
walkrog

Boycott Samsung! Samsung updates too slowly.

walkrog
7 months 20 days ago
walkrog

Samsung was never good with updates.

igorsfc
7 months 20 days ago
igorsfc

Shame on you, Samsung.

fearveli
7 months 20 days ago
fearveli

Hello when turkiye s7 edge version will be published ?

wpDiscuz