Exclusive: Gear S3 has a rotary bezel, will be unveiled at IFA in September

We were the first to exclusively confirm that the Gear S2 smartwatch would have a rotary bezel back in January 2015 and we were proven right when the smartwatch was unveiled later that year in August. There has been a lot of speculation about the Gear S2’s successor but there’s still not a lot to go on right now. We can reveal today that the Gear S3 follows in the footsteps of its predecessor and makes use of a rotary bezel which basically means that Samsung’s next smartwatch is round as well.

Furthermore, we can also reveal that Samsung is going to unveil the Gear S3 smartwatch at IFA. This trade show for consumer electronics takes place in Berlin every year, IFA 2016 will run from September 2-7. Samsung has previously used this stage to launch flagship Galaxy Note handsets but since the upcoming Note will be unveiled on August 2, the Gear S3 just might be one of the major mobile attractions from Samsung at IFA 2016.

Watches 8

1 year 1 month ago
aroutis

I wear a Hamilton JazzMaster Maestro, 45mm , and I am no fan of thin and small. So , I would not mind a 45mm version of the new smartwatch , because it’d add to the display estate and also to the battery life. Samsung needs to think in the function over form way of things, already has a great interface, now needs to build further thinking on what people need on a smartwatch.
They need functionality, battery life and apps. 😉

NextBigThing
1 year 1 month ago
NextBigThing

Now it is the time to get a smart watch,

EugeneOnTheEdge
1 year 1 month ago
EugeneOnTheEdge

Just need some more things to be confirmed:
– Bigger battery and screen
– GPS on all models
– Speaker and/or strong vibration motor like Apple’s Taptic.

Actually, just make the screen bigger and the S3 is mine. My Gear 2 is like 4 years old now..

dmakun
1 year 1 month ago
dmakun

I hope they find a way to make the battery bigger as well as the screen size. Pls don’t go with “thinner is better” strategy for watches because charging a watch isn’t really traditional. Make a huge watch like the Hublot, IWC, Cartier and put in ginormous batteries for people who like that sort of thing. I’ll be getting me one instantly

srz1977
1 year 1 month ago
srz1977

I would like it to be thinner. Smartwatches are way too bulky and thick.

EugeneOnTheEdge
1 year 1 month ago
EugeneOnTheEdge

It would make better sense if youre looking for the 3G version.. The 3G Gear S2 is wayyy too thick.

orionbg
1 year 1 month ago
orionbg

I really hope that they will release a bigger version this time around…
I’m a big person with big hands and the Gear S2 looks ridiculous on my hand…

deardevil
1 year 1 month ago
deardevil

o bought one,and i could only use it for 1 week,and the watchfaces that are presented after he enter on Saving mode its ridiculous, im using a Garmin Fenix 3HR and the watchefaces are always full of detail and color and i only need it to charge after 5Days of using.

wpDiscuz