Unlocked Galaxy Note 4 now receiving Marshmallow update in Germany

Home / News / Unlocked Galaxy Note 4 now receiving Marshmallow update in Germany

Proud owners of the unlocked Galaxy Note 4 in Germany have awoken to a pretty surprising notification on their handset this morning, prompting them to download and install the long-awaited Marshmallow update. The upgrade, which weighs in at an eye-watering 1.29GB, carries all the added functionality you’d expect to find baked into Android 6.0.1, including compatibility for Doze and Google Now on Tap.

This release comes exactly one month after Samsung distributed an identical update for all variants of the device located in India, and five weeks after the International model started receiving it. The next market that the firmware is set to go live in is Canada as the region’s second-largest carrier Telus has revealed that it’s hoping to roll out the OTA to its carrier-branded Galaxy Note 4 on May 16.

The full changelog for the upgrade can be seen below:

• Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
  • Exercise greater control over app permissions
  • Purchase easily and securely with Fingerprint support
  • Experience enhanced battery-life through Doze
  • Redesigned App Drawer

If you happen to own a Galaxy Note 4, reside in Germany and would like to see if the update is ready for your handset, simply head into the following menus: Settings > About Device > Software Update > Update Now.

Note-4-Germany

Via

Firmware news 94

emigonzalez
1 year 8 months ago
emigonzalez

thanks for the update to Android 6.0.1 samsung galaxy alpha g850f have a problem with my application galaxy that says a detainee

simon334455
1 year 8 months ago
simon334455

Can i flash o2 marshmallow to my sm-n910f on t mobil

jide ofor
1 year 8 months ago
jide ofor

When the O2 marshmallow is for n910f, then you can flash it to your n910f t-mobile

Nikhil Minz
1 year 8 months ago
Nikhil Minz

hello, Can somebody help me with the firmware of Samsung Note 4 SM-N910G.

mach6
1 year 8 months ago
mach6

Whats with MM update for N910C Hungary ?

wayanboy
1 year 8 months ago
wayanboy

Please update galaxy S5 G900H indonesia to marhmallow 6.0.1

samirpatel7339
1 year 8 months ago
samirpatel7339

Please someone tell me how can i download note 4 file here they said Your download will start after the sponsored video

Mrtaxi27
1 year 8 months ago
Mrtaxi27

I had my 02 branded n910f updated over the air this morrning, seems evrything working fine.

mach6
1 year 8 months ago
mach6

I have the update now bekome for N910F Open Swiss AUT FW

swagnificent
swagnificent

In the USA running sm-N910c on straight talk which piggy backs off of the AT&T LTE towers. Still no marshmallow update. Am I doing something wrong or is it just AT&T being awesome and slow?

zoobz
zoobz

Did my update on UK BTU handset via Kies at 10am, all ok.

flathunt
flathunt

Hold the page, the unlocked UK update is coming down the wire as an OTA update, 1494Mb (over 3G, this’ll take a while)…

Hunter110
Hunter110

Guys if u want to enjoy marshmallow update in your note 4 install the good lock apk its awesome
Just love it
No root needed

flathunt
flathunt

I don’t understand how anyone is getting these to work, *All* the downloads are 2 or 2.2Gb zipped, about 3.5Gb unzipped. That simply doesn’t fit in a 3.3Gb system partition and doesn’t tally up with the 1.29Gb mentioned in the article.

wjgatt
wjgatt

On a branded (O2 – UK) Note 4, any idea which version I can manually flash via Odin please? Tried the UK-Vodafone and it bricked my phone, I had to do an emergency restore. Can someone save me the trouble of going through this again please? Thanks.

wjgatt
wjgatt

UPDATE: as suggested by some below, I flashed the German DBT rom, and everything went well; upgraded to Marshmallow.

seanieboy
seanieboy

I’m on EE and I used the first German one. Leave it a while though it seems to take a while to settle down. I’m on day 3 now and it works fine

cronosmotril
cronosmotril

We continue to expect the Android 6.0.1 update for SM-N910F Spain. Do not understand how samsung send before updates for mobile carriers and my free mobile have to wait longer, Samsung is wrong.

teddy2thumbs
teddy2thumbs

there are two German md5s available in the firmware section:
2016-05-16 Germany 6.0.1 N910FXXU1DPE1 N910FOXA1DPE1
2016-05-16 Germany 6.0.1 N910FXXS1DPC2 N910FOXA1DPB5

build dates are almost 2 months apart. worth an update? anyone tried?

flathunt
flathunt

“The upgrade, which weighs in at an eye-watering 1.29GB”

I don’t understand how the Italian H3G and the German DBT md5s are both 3.47Gb then, my system partition is only 3.3Gb, they’re never going to fit. Installing the Italian one borked my phone to the point I had to do an emergency restore. Took ages.

oaefno
oaefno

And Austria T-Mobile N-910F is left out or what…

seanieboy
seanieboy

yep and UK BTU left behind AGAIN……

jide ofor
jide ofor

Note 4 n910f getting another update after marshmallow. Just downloaded it now and about 580mb.

flathunt
flathunt

Oh dear, I just tried putting the Italian H3G image on my unlocked / unbranded 910F and it failed with

“Volume size is too big 122800 < 204800
ODIN : Invalid ext4 image"

It's a 3470.8 MB md5, is that right?

abubakar97
abubakar97

I faced the same probljust download germany rom DBT rom and flash it
No need for pit file
Using DBT rom on UK unbranded BTU CSC

flathunt
flathunt

Hmm, that’s the same size, I’m not going to risk it again, it took the best part of a day to restore back to 5.1.1 after the last attempt.

abubakar97
abubakar97

Same happened to me
it took me two days to flash different roms like cyprus uk vod
I restored my backup and installed dbt germany without resetting
And every thing working fine.
I think BTU taking do long to come.

bisermarchev
bisermarchev

just wanna know who have to deliver update on unbranded phones
samsung or mobile company? i have unlocked 910f bought from Samsung in uk and still no update

sammay69
sammay69

It’s your country that rolls out the update

jide ofor
jide ofor

Samsung really delayed the marshmallow but, I must say that, it’s a great job from Samsung. Everything works perfectly after HARDRESET.

Rickster100
Rickster100

Nothing dropping yet for my UK unbranded (BTU) version. Still waiting patiently. Will update here as soon as it drops.

warlockba
warlockba
Heads up warning: It is quite a bit unstable yet (and older than the one released for Vodafone which is terminated with N910FXXU1DPD3, instead of DPC…something, also Security Patch is 1.May). Music Player keeps crashing on often song skipping. Phone hangs from time to time completely, up to a complete reboot triggered automatically. But overall it is not unusable. Not many new features, except permissions control, and the Screen Off Memo, and a redesigned (I would say better) S Note App. Adoptable Storage is not supported (as most manufacturers did not support it either). And Battery consumption is quite higher… Read more »
Hexacore
Hexacore

Dude, I think you should do a fresh install. I did an upgrade, no complaints so far, actually, I messed up rotation way back, I got it back now 🙂

jide ofor
jide ofor

If you want to enjoy marshmallow on your note 4 , you must do hard reset after installing marshmallow.Samsung did a great job there despite the delays.

Hunter110
Hunter110

Try to do factory reset because its a major update

61530041