Home / News / Samsung releases app to fix missing quick settings issue on the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge

Galaxy S6 and S6 edge users can now get their mobile data, mobile hotspot, and private hotspot toggles back on their phones thanks to an app that Samsung has released on the Galaxy Apps store. Called QuickPanel Restore, the app serves to only add those toggles back to the quick settings list – in fact, once you hit that Restore button, you are provided with a popup to uninstall the app right there and then, which is a nice touch.

Samsung still hasn’t said why the toggles went missing in the first place, but those with affected devices now have an official fix. Head into the Galaxy Apps store on your Galaxy S6 or S6 edge and search for QuickPanel Restore to download the app (or click this link on your phone) and get rid of the annoying bug.

quickpanel-restore-s6

Via

General 28

andres ross
andres ross

I did a hard reset ram still sitting at 80 to 90% now after the reset my memory back up a lot with all the same apps I had before the reset..just with the Ram used up it slows the fone down…IDK somebody needs to do something fast cuz the LG g4 is calling

vudin
vudin

Galaxy Apps keeps claiming that I don’t have a network connection, while at the same time my phone makes auto updates, which clearly indicates that I do have a network connection.

So, for me it’s impossible to download and try this fix.

JohnK
JohnK

Try to reboot your phone and retry

k0sh
k0sh

for all the noobs complaining about why Samsung didn’t fix the ram, its because its android framework issue and not theirs, its a bug in android lollipop which until today android didn’t manage to fix it. so stfu noobs.

RamonH
RamonH

What RAM problem are you all complaining about? Like it’s running so fine for me. And yes, but it is not Samsung’s problem only, all OEMs suck at this fixing thing.

phate89
phate89

It’s running so fine? You can’t leave a game, open another app (fb, twitter, browser) and then return to the game because the os kills the game because it thinks it doesn’t have enough ram.. a 3 gb ram phone! when I can do the same thing with the same apps with several 2 gb ram phones..So it’s not anymore google’s fault? Now it’s oem’s fault? It’s 2 months they know about this problem. That’s enough time for a fix.. Lg released a fix for the touchscreen today after a week everyone discovered it..

phate89
phate89

That’s actually false. Android lollipop has a memory LEAK. It doesn’t release the memory and AFTER DAYS the phone slows down because of the reduced memory. If you reboot the phone it returns to work as expected.S6 has a MEMORY MANAGEMENT problem. Even right after a reboot after few apps it thinks it doesn’t have enough space so it remove them from ram.. They’re 2 very different problems

MStuart
MStuart

It’s actually a different issue from Android’s memory leak. So you’re both rude and wrong, a far too common combination these days.

ajvar50
ajvar50

Yes they using something called DHA to manage memory .

DegusJacoby
DegusJacoby

the problem is not from samsung software but new update software Android Lolipop, patience guys, they will fix RAM issues in new update software soon

phate89
phate89

andres ross
andres ross

Why tf Samsung can’t send a ram app to the playstore just like the did this….make no sense how this works

JohnK
JohnK

Anyone noticed disappearance of the option “limit data usage in background” (roughly translated in english) ? I can’t find it anymore besides the missing toogles, so i’m wondering if this fix could also solve that.

amyjofarrey
amyjofarrey

Not sure if this is what you are referring to? Settings/data usage/more (in the upper right-hand corner, barely noticeable). Restrict background data. I believe it restricts ALL background data.

JohnK
JohnK

Thanks a lot, i had forgotten about the “more” button. I was looking in main screens only.

People having troubles with battery draining over night should use it

Mobyone
Mobyone

I cannot find it when using my Tab S!!!!!!!!!

mkrizan
mkrizan

When is the RAM management fix coming???????????????????????????????????? Darn samsung, just came back from Apple and thought everything will be alright again but NO! Why samsung? WHY?

Sir_Matrix
Sir_Matrix

thx!

bursa1616
bursa1616

thanks i dowbload from galaxy apps

andres ross
andres ross

Why tf they can’t fix the Ram management like this makes no dam sense…Ram still sitting at 80 to 90% with 2 to 3 apps open smfh

numloxx
numloxx

Thanks, worked for me on my S6 G920IDVU1BOE3

Cr4z33
Cr4z33

It didn’t work for me.

I lost the torch toggle (apparently after latest Samsung TTS update) in the last days and while running this patch I got prompted with a message telling me it was already applied.

Wth… :/

NoteLove
NoteLove

So they can issue quixk fixes? What about ram issue? All good though. They should fix other issues as quick as this in the future.

Gomez1984
Gomez1984

It works…

caesantos
caesantos

The name of the app is QuickPanel Restore.

Vinays6
Vinays6

Didn’t mention the reason for missing toggles

darktears
darktears

Because Samsung is not capable of a having a single firmware and a proper deployment model to their phone to issue fixes to their customers, it needs to create such crappy experience…What a shame.

Mobyone
Mobyone

Why can’t they do that for the night clock issue!!! 🙁