Galaxy S6 and dual-edge ‘Galaxy Edge’ shown off in leaked images

Home / News / Galaxy S6 and dual-edge ‘Galaxy Edge’ shown off in leaked images

Another day, another leak that claims to show what the Galaxy S6 and its curved counterpart will look like. Well, at this point it’s looking like what we’re seeing in these leaks is actually the real deal, and the latest leak is reiterating a few aspects of the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 Edge’s design. CNET Korea has released an image that shows both models in their naked form as well as with third-party cases on. The most interesting thing to note here is that the Edge model has a curve on both sides, something that has been rumored often and was also confirmed exclusively by us last month.

A metallic rim on the devices is visible too, as well as a protruding camera module that supports yesterday’s leak suggesting the Galaxy S6 will be a considerably thin device (6.91mm). Next to the camera module are the heart rate sensor and LED flash, a recurring theme in all the pictures that have made their way to the internet. Sadly, the front of the device is hidden away, and it’s likely its true form will be kept under wraps until the day of the Galaxy S6’s official announcement on the first day of March.

s6-edge-c-net-leak

Source

Phones 16

jaczek
jaczek

I like the ALPHA’s design… what I don’t like on the above pictures and on any other phones it that the camera is not in plane with the phone.

ezequielvs
ezequielvs

Big camera…..óptica zoom maybe?!!

caesantos
caesantos

I was thinking about the same thing…

patti_9000
patti_9000

hmmm… and I’m just sitting here with my S3 and thinking: “Maybe the S7”

stoolzo
stoolzo

i’m sitting here with my s5 which I got after my S3 thinking I should have bought an Iphone – really bored of samsung now, zero design innovation. Pretty happy with the hardware and lollipop update is actually pretty good but my S5 felt dated the day after a bought it.

patti_9000
patti_9000

My S3 is running with “Resurrection Remix Lollipop” Rom, which is nice!
So i got that going for me 😀

UO88
UO88

Did you even look at the pictures of the S6? How does that look anything like the S5 and other S series phones? And Zero design innovation??? What do you call the edge design? How is that not innovative?

Sammysamsam1
Sammysamsam1

Well so far none of us knows how the phone is going to look bcuz so far the phone has been shown with cases.

The iphone6 design is not anything to rave about. Its simple at most. The s6 is pointing towards a major shift in design of smartphones on the entire market and I cant wait to get my hands on one.

wlting
wlting

I know many of you don’t want S series too big, but I really wish S6 screen can as big as possible, somewhere btw 5.2-5.5, just hope don’t 5.2″…
maybe you will said get note4, actually note4 is really good phone, the only down side is front camera… at least for me… can’t wait the March unpack event!!!!!!!!!

johny jackson
johny jackson

Sam allows leak intentionally to gauge feeback until d-day.
Anyway this render design is not bad. Toilet leak image was horrible.

kiffy200
kiffy200

I disagree here that image doesn’t show a dual edge display at all!! actually if you look at the one laying down the left side actually looks very square!!

johny jackson
johny jackson

Check right side. No bezel.

Marw77
Marw77

the middle one is also an EDGE, How else so the screen from behind.

Sammysamsam1
Sammysamsam1

Check you eyes!!

harryisme
harryisme
If you look at the one lying down you’ll see where the phone has the edge the volume rocker is there but no power button, but on the phone next to it which also shows a curved edge, the power button is there instead, but no volume rocker. If you combine those two images it clearly shows that the S6 Edge has a curve on both side, though it does seem the on the back one side is square, and the other side also curves inwards. This should make the phone easier to hold, with a flatter side for your… Read more »
Harish J.
Harish J.

Missing a via there, are we?