LIVE BLOG: Samsung Mobile Unpacked 2012

SamMobile will be live in London for Samsung’s own Mobile Unpacked event of the year!
We will give you the best report we can in our own words.

You can follow everything through our Twitter page, www.twitter.com/sammobiles.
We will tweet LIVE and we will tweet pictures of the show itself if the cellular network is okay over there.
We also have a person at home in The Netherlands to post the first pictures in our BLOG as soon as possible.

What are your options…

• Follow Samsung live via www.thenextgalaxy.com
  • Follow SamMobile LIVE through this page.
  • Follow SamMobile LIVE through Twitter or the Twitter widget on the frontpage.
  • Follow this page on your mobile phone thanks to our Android Application!

Special actions:

WIN the next GALAXY by following and retweeting this tweet! STOPPED

When is the show?
May 3rd at 7:00PM (UK time).

What will Samsung show?
At the moment we are only sure about the Galaxy SIII but there are many rumors about other devices shown as well.

Latest rumours:
First sketches leaked out
This is the Galaxy SIII
Screen protector leaks out
Galaxy SIII in blue and white

Update 15:45 UK time
We have arrived in London wich means our special WIN action has ended!
We have chacked in at the hotel, and now we are on a hunt for some food. Then we are heading for Earls Court were the event is held.

Stay tuned for more !

Update 19:20 UK time
This is the first full picture and all specs seem to be equal to our information presented earlier!

Update 19:30 UK time
These are the press release photo’s from Samsung Korea!!

TV commercial:

More pictures:

Update 19:47 UK time
Wireless charging, Bluetooth 4.0, 4.8 inch and lower power consumption have been confirmed!!

Update 19:51 UK time
Social Hub and Music Hub have been improved, also has a new Drive app connecting to your car(kit) and S health app.

Update 19:51 UK time
On-device encryption stronger, Mobile Virtualisation. Mobile NFC payments together with VISA.
6 internal sensors. MicroSD slot for expansion, 16gb and 32gb versions. 64gb will be added later on. Blue and white version initially.
THE WAITING IS OVER! May 29th on sale in Europe! Global announcement on that date with a 10 city world tour.

Phones 34

trackback
2 years 4 months ago
Samsung Mobile Unpacked 2012 Etkinliğini Canlı İzleyin! (Canlı Yayın Eklendi!) | Andronova

[…] ve Sammobile gibi sitelerin canlı bloglarını takip ederek diğer detaylara ve görsellere en kısa süre […]

VeronicaAmerio93
4 years 7 months ago
VeronicaAmerio93

Is this something confirmed I didn’t hear them mention different versions in the presentations.

sandmara
sandmara
Actually a FULL HD Monitor Displays 2MP… so 8 MP is totaly ok… 1GB ram is more than enough… it will have nearly same ram usage as gs2 but with more cpu power its awesome…. Pentile Display – with >300ppi normal people will not find any thing bad about this display (look at g nexus-same thing) TW 5.0 looks great – u dont like it? turn it off! its Android 4, u can change it back to Google standard. Wireless charging – interesting, but usefull? i dont know.. think it will cost much energy if the dock is always on…… Read more »
TOFIRE
TOFIRE

lol what a trolls, also apple fans whinned about 4s that it is crap and etc, but look it is best selling phone ^^ for me design is 7/10 and hardware 10/10? what you want? 8gb ram? 40megapx camera? wake up!!

clipoi
clipoi

Awful…this phone is a fail…

unfors
unfors

@johendry .. that was the first thing i thought

I don’t get why people are crying about the MP …. 8 is fine. quality isn’t just about the number of MP you have, I hope they have improved on that (i have my doubts)

Ast2001
Ast2001

DESIGNED FOR HUMANS are you kidding me so the previous phones…. who designed this phrases #fail
They are gonna make fun of the product just for a phrase

sospan
sospan

Yep, the same here disappointment other then the larger battery still with a removable back and still with an SD card slot unlike the HTC 1X not a whole lot different the SII. I have a N7000, I9100, I9000 and probably an I9300 when it comes out. But I thought the numbers where going to be better oh well. I am thinking that they just weren’t ready to release the real SIII and had to get something out. Maybe the SIIII will have the specs leaked or better.

mroceanus
mroceanus
I have to say the only thing I was a little disappointed by was the lack of higher mega pixel camera. Other than that I think the software enhancements are pretty cool. Serious kudos for keeping the SD Card slot, and also having multiple on board storage versions. Just one question I noticed a tweet earlier that said the 3g version would be released in Europe while the 4g versions would be in Korea, the US and Canada, I can’t help but being a little peeved at that idea, Europe will eventually get a 4g network, I think they’re talking… Read more »
lil_dimm
lil_dimm

Samsung dropped the ball BIG TIME!!! It actually looked better with the dummy box. Its nothing more than a supped up Galaxy Nexus (which btw looks better than the SIII). I waited 2 months for this…so disappointing. I dont know how they messed this up. On the bright side though the software looks excellent and is definetly a step forward in the right direction.

lauriitta1110
lauriitta1110

i think lots people was hoping that galaxy s3 was gone have s space shuttle built in.comeon people…its a smartphone.i will be happy if they have same quadcore for usa carriers.i currently own n7000 and im happy with exynos proformance.

wauki

You don’t need to like it and please do not buy one bcos SGS2 is enough for you. common do you how much all manufacturer will run miles to match this phone. especially apple. Do not forget if Samsung can offer this in 2012 it will surely open doors to many hidden prototype tech. so life can be more fun and comfortable.

wauki

i own S2 and it amazing but lets appreciate what SGS3 has to offer and Samsung always have a step ahead of any previous models not unlike apple who gives people the same phone for 3 generation and only change name and storage.

am very sure you used to be iPhone worshiper. init. Shadow angel

wauki

i see, u know what?, i am very strict on what phone manufacturer offers and i am a guy who doesn’t hide behind past techs OK. so get it straight and don’t be disappointed with the sgs3 three but i believe what u could have said is not for you. basic.

carmat99
carmat99

I own a S 2 right now and I’m happy with it… Am I wrong for not going with the flow and LIKE LIKE LIKE?

Yommy… Did you know that HUMANs have opinions?

Are you so low minded that anything offered is good? Let’s keep the “fanboyism” to the Macfags, ok?

wauki

omar dont mind this people, they are deaf or may be they are watching it from the flashless iphone.

wauki

those people crying about galaxy s3 will be looking like old windows phone. one advice for you, please go and buy that windows phone and stop shitty chatty

jabuitrago
jabuitrago

There’s also a 64 gb version she said..

wauki

all you talking rubbish, if you are not happy with this phone then shift to apple and get locked.

if you wanna bet apple will not match the phone .

please stop being robot be a HUMAN………………. well the phone is for HUMAN not animals.

carmat99
carmat99

Very disapponted as well…

Just a bigger S 2 with a lot of crapware… And all of it could fit completely on S 2…

Well… let’s wait for the next Nexus

dbruyere
dbruyere

Very disappointed.

1GB of ram
8MP
Not all is screen, and most important is a fuc..g PENTILE “hd” display.
8.5mm thick, not 7mm that they were leaking(I didn’t expect it)

nothing new under the Sun…

gooms40
gooms40

Hi. Is the event unpacked?
Now I am waiting for it.

sandmara
sandmara

@BoneMa – You can buy Stylus for every Phone u want… it just have to be compatible with the screentype so the shop selling stylus for S3 does not say there will be a stylus included… u can use stylus for galaxy s1 and 2 as well….

Capitan_O
Capitan_O

This is pretty exciting! Hope you guys have fun there! LUCKY !

elpiri82
elpiri82

At Jinx that IS the NEXT Galaxy……… I thought I told ya’ll this a couple days ago??? I clearly told everyone it would be a windows phone.

wpDiscuz