Galaxy Note II Android 4.4.2 KitKat update now available for Indian users

If you bought the Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) in India and have been holding out on an official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update, today is your lucky day. With the latest firmware files, you can now make the switch to the latest version of Android. The Galaxy Note II in the country still comes with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out of the box, and although KitKat has been available for the device in certain regions, there a lot of users who are yet to make the switch to the latest version of Android. The firmware build number for Android 4.4.2 KitKat is N7100XXUFND3.

Here is the firmware information and links from which you can download the files:

• Model: GT-N7100
  • Model name: GALAXY Note II
  • Country: India
  • Version: Android 4.4.2
  • Changelist: 1280411
  • Build date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 17:52:29 +0000
  • Product Code: INU
  • PDA: N7100XXUFND3
  • CSC: N7100ODDFND2
  • MODEM: N7100DDUFND1

To download the firmware, head over to our firmware section.

Firmware news 77

caxeria
1 year 6 months ago

When this update coming to Tmobile? (USA)

gaurav1920
1 year 8 months ago

Try DN3 Roms For Galaxy Note II(N7100), this is much better update than Stock kitkat. (y)

saleshkumar
1 year 11 months ago

Hooo

anupsn
1 year 11 months ago

I have updated Note2 to Android 4.4.2 .
Sometimes i am not able to switch on mobile itself.To switch on i need to remove battery and put it back.So i just want to reset to factory settings.

Reset factory setting for Note2 will go back to Android 4.1.2 or only data get erases and OS will remain Android 4.4.2??

Please any one answer..

Thanks,
Anup

victortxt1
1 year 11 months ago

que odin eu estalo essa ROM no meu GNT 2

rahulgarg
2 years 13 days ago

Guys please do “factory reset” to get the fully featured Kitkat Update.

IF there are still any issues, then there must be problem with the update itself.

saurabhdeep
2 years 14 days ago

I installed this update to my note 2 about a week back. This has been a nightmare. I haven’t got worse update yet. The phone has become too slow to perform. RAM usage is always 80%+. Restarting the phone helps for just a few minutes and it again goes back to 80%+ RAM usage. Every application shows lag. I am not sure what to do. Should I downgrade back to 4.3 or wait for some fix or something. I don’t know… :-(

rahulgarg
2 years 13 days ago

guys, please note that the right way to upgrade to a new version, is:

1. backup all your data. sd card & internal memory in your pcs. use “helium app” if you want to backup app data also and make sure to copy the helium app data to your pc for safe side.

2. (optional :p) take screenshots of your mobile to restore the touchwiz icons at the same place. or use samsung kies to backup all wifi, bluetooth etc settings.

3. download and update to new version.

4. go to settings and factory reset your mobile. (this is a must step.)

now all the data in internal memory is lost. and what you get is,
fully featured update to 4.4.2 with no battery issues. no performance issues. all smoothness.

5. now restore your app data using helium. to know more about how to work with helium, please refer to their website.
and samsung kies data, if you did a backup.

have you done factory reset ?
If not, please do it and then inform about the performance.. RAM and battery usage.

rockerz23
2 years 19 days ago

When I try to download the firmware, I get the “Database Connection failed” error. Any idea as to how much time it’ll for the link to be up and running?

abivisha
2 years 19 days ago

I downloaded thrice the zip file of firmware but all downloaded corrupt damn waste of time and net

DON SAM
2 years 21 days ago

I am in Ghana now but I bought my Galaxy note 2 n7100 in Quatar and has UAE firmware with upgraded Android 4.3 JB……Please can I upgrade to 4.4.2 kitkat indian version? Wnt to download and use odin…procedure…..
Any help shall be very much appreciated….thank you.

Chetan Kumar V
2 years 22 days ago

Hi,

Will Samsung Galaxy S3 (India)get KitKat update or not? Please SamMobile confirm, as the articles on your site are confusing, once it says will get and next time it says as not getting.

DontheCat
2 years 23 days ago

ADMIN>shouldn’t the latest posts be showing on the top ?

and I posted today.. it is showing like I posted 4 days back

DontheCat
2 years 23 days ago

upgraded to KitKat last night using the device update options..

first tried with Kies but it was awfully slow… after 20% in 2 hrs I cancelled and did the above… it was a 450MB file and just took around one-half hours… the upgrade was seamless…

except for a few UI changes, I still haven’t noticed any major changes…. lemme check for a few days and repost here…

I read somewhere that the Mail app has been beautified, but I cant see any changes… someone else notice anything ?

also the dialler can supposedly be used as a Search option to find local listings… cant figure out how …

Cheers

kamalbatra
2 years 23 days ago

I have been having lots of issues since I installed 4.4.2 via kies. The apps which have been working on 4.3 are no longer working. battery drain in massive, memory usage goes upto 90% and phone goes slow. apps response is dismal. Any one having similar issues?

topspeedamit77
2 years 23 days ago

hi guys
i update my note 2 on 4.4.2 and its work better than 4.3
but today after 3 days i install ASPHALT 8 airborn & minion rush
they are install correctly but not opening
when i click to open they came for 3sec and close.

what can i do….

one think
when i restart my phone
the massege cames “touchwiz home has stopped”

manan001
2 years 23 days ago

can any one tell me any news about Samsung Galaxy Grand2 SM-G7102 its current version is 4.3 JB and waiting for 4.4.2…

Aman Mangwani
2 years 24 days ago

does fingerprint unlock comes in note 2 after updating to 4.4 like in galaxy s5

kesh123
2 years 23 days ago

Yea it does. You also get other s5 features like IP67 water resistance and IR blaster for controlling your TV

DontheCat
2 years 23 days ago

IP67 water resistance is a hardware feature….. how can it be done on a OS upgrade ?

kesh123
2 years 23 days ago

I was being sarcastic.

last-home
2 years 24 days ago

Please release KitKat update for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 :(
Samsung please don’t forget how much of people have GT-I9300!!

francis820
2 years 24 days ago

Anyone noticed if you can write to your external SD card?

DontheCat
2 years 23 days ago

Nopes… still unable to

sourkarm2
2 years 22 days ago

Possible ONLY with the supplied file explorer. No 3rd part explorer is able to write / modify external SD card.

vk5208
2 years 24 days ago

Before Installing 4.4.2 via Odin u can hard reset ur phone…other wise some…

vk5208
2 years 24 days ago

INSTALL through Odin…Than..NO..lag..

vk5208
2 years 24 days ago

Admin Pls Upload Resume supported link……

stelvio88
2 years 24 days ago

After a week of using it on the official 4.4.2 (france), battery drain is back and even worst. I went to sleep with the battery at 80% and it was 15% when i woke up and its very very hot. this never happened with 4.3.

mawilliams
2 years 18 days ago

My battery drain picked up this week as well, today with little to no use within 12 hours from 100% to 21%. Anybody else having this problem?

pklamba
2 years 24 days ago

Dear admin,
I have update my note 2(India) with France firmware.
what is the basic difference between Indian and French firmware.
Wallet and music hub nor working.
how can I install Indian firmware, or should I install Indian firmware

Please do reply

sayedaftab
2 years 24 days ago

You can install Indian version firmware via Odin same way you updated French version
Just download Indian firmware from Sammobile boot your cellphone in download mode open Odin and select pda add downloaded file click start wait for approx 10 min

I did for mine it took 9.36 min
And now I’m on Indian version of kitkat

saipratapbec
2 years 24 days ago

I have installed kitkat on my Note2.
But I have a bug with respect to display.
I have set a folder of wallpapers for display using live wallpapers option.
But once I restart the mobile, it is going back to live wallpapers with default live wallpapers instead of the folder I have chosen.
Also some problem with google now. Its not waking up with “Ok Google”.
But battery has improved a lot.