Posted by Harish J 7 months ago

???????????

Samsung released the KitKat kernel source code for Sprint’s Galaxy S4 variant yesterday, which was a sign that the official KitKat update wasn’t far away. A leaked internal document from Sprint indicates that the KitKat update will be rolled out to users starting later today. The memo mentions that customers must wait until Google’s servers push the OTA update. The firmware build number is L720VPUFNAE, which is the same build number as the KitKat kernel source that was released yesterday.

The KitKat software update would allow devices to work on Sprint’s MVNO Zact Mobile. Users have to be on the latest software to receive the update, so do ensure that you are on the latest software build by going to Settings > About Device. With Sprint Galaxy S4 users making the move to KitKat, it shouldn’t be long before other carriers start rolling the update.

Source

18 comments on “Leaked internal document mentions KitKat rollout for Sprint’s Galaxy S4 starting today

1. muoino 7 months ago said:

Oh yeah and still not see the official kitkat for the international I9505. Where are you Samshit???

2. gogolak 7 months ago said:

Yea wtf. They can.t start the update for sprint untill they roll it out for the 9500 and 9505. So the leaked document is a fake:D

• Phoenix2 7 months ago said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but after the messed up 4.3 update for the S3 was pulled, didn’t all US carriers get their final 4.3 update BEFORE the international variants started getting their proper one?

I know that the Korean variants did, and that’s no different to this because Korean phones are carrier-locked as well, just like the US.

• Phoenix2 7 months ago said:

Just saying, before you go ahead and slam it as a fake (which, I’ll give it to you, is entirely likely), it does happen…

• gogolak 7 months ago said:

well.. you are right about the s3 update on US carriers… anyway i am just happy that the update will start very very soon. sprint variant has the same hardware as i9505.. so… i think the roll out will be untill the end of this week. My 4.3 is running very very NICE.I just hope that samsung will make 4.4.2 even better:)

• Phoenix2 7 months ago said:

Lol, I’m still waiting for 4.3 on my S3.. aaaaany day now :P

3. AdL2012 7 months ago said:

when for S3 ?

4. freak7427 7 months ago said:

when will come for S4 waiting!!!!!!!!!!!

5. freak7427 7 months ago said:
  6. smiladk 7 months ago said:

Downloading it right now. 668.28MB for my S4 i9506 in Denmark

7. samsung i9505 7 months ago said:

when will be released the 4.4.2 version for the GT-i9505 AUT

8. kaloos 7 months ago said:

i9500????:-(

9. gogolak 7 months ago said:

Just be patient guys… the update will start very soon. I am sure about that:)

10. bedooo 7 months ago said:

When will it be available for international version GT-I9500?

11. gogolak 7 months ago said:

See..told you that document was a fake:p still waiting for update

12. mnasrm 7 months ago said:

When will it be available for international version GT-I9500?