Samsung Galaxy S III mini, Tab 3 7.0, Note 8.0 and others to get KitKat update?

Take a poll asking what’s the topmost question on users’ minds these days, and you’re pretty sure to hear a lot of folks answer “is my Samsung device going to get updated to KitKat, and if yes, when?” A leaked document that we obtained a few months back indicated that devices like the Galaxy Mega and S4 mini would be getting the Android 4.4 update in addition to flagships like the Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S III, and the Galaxy Note II, and now information obtained by Phandroid suggests that a few other devices will be getting KitKat as well.

Here’s the list of devices that will reportedly be updated to KitKat (note that while these are U.S. variants, international models will be updated as well):

• Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-i317
  • - Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747
  • - Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-t217a
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337
  • - Samsung Galaxy S4 Active SGH-i537
  • - Samsung Galaxy Mega SGH-i527
  • - Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-c105a
  • - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900a
  • - Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 SGH-i467
  • - Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini SM-g730a

That’s a considerably huge list of devices and rather unsurprising, except for the mention of the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 and S III mini. I’m not so sure the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 would be getting the update, since it’s a budget tablet that’s still on Android 4.1, and it would be a surprising move on Samsung’s part if they manage to give it a jump to Android 4.4 directly. Same would be the case for the Galaxy S3 mini – while the device was relaunched for AT&T and Verizon recently, it’s a very cheap device, though we wouldn’t mind if Samsung decided to shower some update love on its budget models, something which Motorola is doing pretty nicely with the Moto G.

But for the other devices, all of them were released only last year and are fairly mid-range/high-end, so they should be making the cut for the Android 4.4 update. If they don’t, well, let’s hope they all end their life on at least Android 4.3.

Firmware news 81

olumayor
7 months 2 days ago

please I really need your help. i soft-bricked a samsung galaxy note III SM-T217A (AT&T version) and I need the ODIN flashable tar file.Its on kitkat 4.4.2 and secureboot is turned on so I cant downgrade. I’m in dire need of it. Can u please help me? I need the file ASAP as my phone is presently just a piece of junk. thanks in anticipation.

xwallace
9 months 9 days ago

I need the Odin flashable tar or img for ATT SGH-i467. I’m so stupid soft bricked it after upgrading to 4.4.2 by flashing an old tar file from 4.1.2!!! Stupid I am maybe for messing with Sammy in the first place!!!!

NR26
1 year 2 months ago

Samsung, do a kitkat version for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite 7.0″ please, my brother have this tablet and he want’s kitkat version! (Sorry if that English is bad, I’m portuguese)

joemartine
1 year 5 months ago

my samsung s III is not rooted how can i update it ?

yyntan
1 year 5 months ago

what about galaxy tab 2 P3100??? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee update to kitkat

glkanth77
1 year 5 months ago

Hai to all
Can anyone tell by when Samsung Galaxy S4mini will get Kitkat Update

jake 136
1 year 6 months ago

Where’s our 4.2.2 or 4.4 on our phones S Advanced #SamsungforgottenUs !!

el_musthofa

SM T211..
Waiting for official kitkat update or Cyan#genM*d11 :Lol

singerskates
1 year 6 months ago

Wether or not the SM-T210RZWYXAR doesn’t get Kitkat, please, please, please make apps movable to the SD card. I have a Sandisk class 10 Ultra Pro 64g SD card in my Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 and I and many, many other want to use it.

singerskates
1 year 6 months ago

I have the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T210RZWYXAR which I bought at Best Buy in the Detroit, MI, USA area and I live in Canada and also have a Galaxy S4 SGH-M919V on Wind Mobile Canada. When will each of these devices receive the 4.4 KitKat firmware OS updates?

archies

WE all want KITKAT update for Samsung galaxy s Advance -_-

jhorick0917
1 year 6 months ago

why very late to lunch new kitkat for samsung s3 and other android mobile many people are eager to wait this because firmware v4.3 still have a bug battery very fast drain. I hope this month will release this new software…

eliko
1 year 6 months ago

Samsung should know Note 10.1 n8000 customers are very disappointed!!
Dont buy Note 2014 edition …
Great device shity updates!!!!!

veeramanink
1 year 6 months ago

Is it Note 10.1(GT-N8020) LTE version is not compatible with Kitkat? Sammobile please put your comments….

sguyx
1 year 6 months ago

Of course it is. Why isnt it? There are already kitkat custom roms for n8020.

andreius
1 year 6 months ago

Do you know if Galaxy Note 8.0 will get the update?

andreius
1 year 6 months ago

Can someone please confirm if Galaxy Note 8.0 will get 4.4 Kitkat or 4.3?

godofring
1 year 6 months ago

the galaxy s3 mini gt-I8190L will enter the update?

FrankBR
1 year 6 months ago

Probably not. The S3 mini i8190 is equipped with processors ST-Ericsson U8500 NovaThor, a company that went out of business. Then the necessary drivers for samsung devices do not exist. The SM-S3 mini g730a have another processor. But if Samsung want she is able to do, is after all the samsung, and has thousands of i8190 in the world.

godofring
1 year 6 months ago

the galaxy mini gt-s3 I8190L will enter the update?

jheayahr
1 year 6 months ago

The note 10.1 Is one of the best tabs ive owned so far. Far way better than the iPad. Its so frustrating that the mini version (note8) w.c specs are not as high end as my tab is going to be updated not only to 4.2 bt also to KK. So disappointed about what samsung s doing with there updtes. My S3s battery drain after the 4.3 update gotten worse.

FrankBR
1 year 6 months ago

“Thank you” Samsung, for condemning the S3 Mini i8190L to limbo.
Very frustrating to buy a device that still has six months warranty and has been already forgotten by the manufacturer.

gasterakos
1 year 6 months ago

Wait.This is silly.S3 mini ll take KitKat and S4 mini its not in the list?What da fak people?

pepooh696
1 year 6 months ago

For those complaining about an update, what next company are you suggesting that updates faster???ANY???

sguyx
1 year 6 months ago

I don’t know any other company who is slower than Samsung.

Note 10.1 (N8000)
released autumn 2012 (been 16 months on market)
upgraded january 2013 from 4.0 to 4.1
Now a year have gone and nothing happened during 12 months. No 4.2, no 4.3, no 4.4.

Even my Asus tablet got A4.2 a year ago on spring! And it costs half of Note 10.1 and has slower specs.

Which one is slower Samsung? Which company forgets its premium device as happaned to N8xx?

Im done with Samsung (and maybe android) – looking for ios or windows – and definitely other companies than Samsung.

razhor54
1 year 6 months ago

I have a Samsung Galaxy mini SIII hopefully meet the Samsung Update it to Android 4.4 Kit kat, thanks for the news later :D

samson11967
1 year 6 months ago

Please release KItkat for S4 MINI.

ignaciox

Galaxy s advance,SAMSUNG!!!!!!!

Dr. Who
1 year 6 months ago

What about Samsung Galaxy Ace 2???