Exclusive: I9505XXUFNA5 – Leaked Android 4.4.2 KitKat Test Firmware for Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)

Samsung recently officially started rolling out the new Android 4.4.2 KitKat update to the Galaxy Note 3 LTE (SM-N9005), but it looks like a little more work is needed before the particular update hits the Galaxy S4. So, we thought let’s bring you guys a new test build for your Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) – I9505XXUFNA5, until Samsung makes your official update ready.

We are expecting Samsung to start officially rolling out the Android 4.4 KitKat update for the Galaxy S4 in February/March. We have tested the new test firmware for a few days and we can confidently say that it’s much better than the previous test build. Along with many bug fixes and speed improvements, the new firmware, finally, fixes the nasty multi-tasking bug which was present in the previous leak.

There are minor UI changes in Android 4.4.2 KitKat, the most noticeable being the status bar icons being changed from Gingerbread style green to all new awesome KitKat style white. BTW, white icons look stunning on top of the transparent status bar. We have seen a little bump is performance, and benchmark scores have slightly increased as well. Samsung’s keyboard layout has been improved in landscape orientation, which makes typing much easier and gesture typing works really well too. Samsung has implemented a camera shortcut direct on its lockscreen.
S4-KitKat
Model: GT-I9505
Country: Open Europe
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 373648
Build date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 01:35:41 +0000
Product Code: OXA
PDA: I9505XXUFNA5
CSC: I9505OXAFNA5
MODEM: I9505XXUFNA5
Download: I9505XXUFNA5_I9505OXAFNA5_I9505XXUFNA5_OXA.zip

NOTE
- This test firmware WILL wipe your data. So, back it up!
- You are doing this at your OWN risk. We are not responsible if you brick your device or your cat eats your phone.
- This test firmware will NOT increase your binary counter NOR void your warranty.
- This test firmware is a pre-release build and not official from Samsung.

INSTRUCTIONS
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file
- Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here)
- Extract Odin .ZIP file
- Open Odin3 v3.09
- Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add AP_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to AP
- Add BL_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to BL
- Add CP_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CP
- Add CSC_OXA_I9505OXAFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CSC
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!

Screenshots

Firmware news 158

osama samarli
1 year 8 months ago

Hi
I download the original firmware for United Arab Emirates but I have a problem with wifi it’s doesn’t working, my friend told me you should download firmware with four file, it’s a good way to fix wifi??

mya1975
1 year 11 months ago

keeping the previous of Samsung, i would not surprise if this crappy company have done that on purpose so they have permanent strangled customers who keep testing their shit and cannot downgrade… i regret everyday of buying this samsung crap… never every wanna buy knox filled crap ever again.

lentzit
1 year 11 months ago

Impossible to download without premium (1GB max size allowed)…please choose another filearea

mr.biceps
2 years 1 day ago

wifi issue’s solve is ” *#0011# menu button select wifi. turn off the wifi save mode. thats all.

tomryanradio
2 years 5 days ago

OK so – I downloaded this file and basically it only has one file inside. Not AP, CP eg eg. Just one with “HOME” on it. help?

leagjos2
2 years 6 days ago

can this firmware be used on the AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-i337. The i9505, and the SGH-i337 both run the Qualcom cpu.Or will this brick the American version. Iam on the leaked version of i337UCUFMLD, but cannot root it ,as no one has figered out how to jail break the new boot loader yet.ant comments would be appreciated.

sanjidasona
2 years 9 days ago

I have successfully installed on my s5 I9505 with I9505XXUFNA5

Eins Gaston
2 years 10 days ago

hello friends SamMobile. We’re 2 February and android 4.4.2 fails to s4 gt-i9500???? Argentina?? when??

wassemm
2 years 10 days ago

is there some who know how to downgrade ROM 4.4.2 to 4.3
I INSTALLED pure google 4.4.2 on my galaxy s4 i like to go back to stock ROM again

munozgoncalves
2 years 10 days ago

Puta madre. No me deja regresar al 4.3.

velti
2 years 11 days ago

never again samsung, very disappointed

marcelo-cwb
2 years 11 days ago

Downgrade now!!! Please Sammobile answer the questions of the users.
Many want to downgrade the version please indicate a direction.

Tks

Marcelo

gabylitcan25
2 years 13 days ago

I try to downgrade to 4.3 but I can’t . Please help !

steve2303
2 years 13 days ago

Ok from what i can gather this 4.4.2 isn’t downgradeable right? and it’s a test firmware not an official release so my question is will this firmware update OTA when Samsung release an official release for the GT-I9505

ozzyblack
2 years 14 days ago

I want to go back
to stock

steve2303
2 years 15 days ago

Has anyone been able to flash back to 4.3 yet?

wonderham
2 years 17 days ago

One of the final builds? Apps can´t write on SDcard, GPS not working. Region Lock and other stupid restrictions. Samsung getting bader the last finacial quarter show how Samsung loosing ground. I don´t like Samsung anymore and won´t buy anything from this ugly Company in the future!

454ssV8
2 years 16 days ago

I have non of that problems… Try to flash it again, maybe it solves some problems ;-)

desmoic
2 years 18 days ago

I’m having problems with my wifi connection. When i just flashed this leak downloadspeed was almost maximum of what my provider gives me but after a while it goes down to 1.6 Mb/s. Reflashing helps only for a short period and the wifi speed drops again to 1.6 Mb.s (on Ookla). Tried to reflash it at least a dozen times but without any result. I’ve tried 5 different routers, all the same. Full wipes without any apps installed, same problem. Anybody else this problem or even better a solution?
Rom is running fine without any other bugs then known and really good batterylife. Sadly no way to get back t 4.3 when my wifi was still fine.

jfperez05
2 years 12 days ago

HI, facing exactly same issue.. Im trying to reflash modem only and see if that fixes. Only issue I had was related to my batter. I had to reflash about 3 times because it kept rebooting after the flashing, but then I realised it was the battery, I changed it and it is now working, but the wifi issue still persist. If anyone can come up with a solution would be great!

hasninetanveer
2 years 18 days ago

Will it work in i9500 ?

sidny187
2 years 18 days ago

WARNING!!!!

I installed this leaked 4.4 firmware a few days ago on my i9505 and it is now causing major battery drain!!! Whereas in the past & even on the previously leaked FN1 firmware a full charge with moderate use would last all day in excess of 12 hours, now a full charge with this new firmware only lasts only a few hours!!!! So be warned & I would appreciate anyone elses thoughts or advices on this.

tboyy4
2 years 18 days ago

Im trying to download several times,but I cant,my internet speed is 75 Mps and always when my download goes to the middle it says download failure. Terafile is the worst I ever seen,this is bullshit you know,there is the leak firmware 4.4.2 and I can’t download it.
Did anyone download it and upload it somewhere else please??????

thebrko
2 years 18 days ago

Working well without any problem. Good job

mdkamrul
2 years 19 days ago

NEED HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone please help me. I just bricked my I9505 :-(
While flashing through ODIN, installation failed. Now phone is showing Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kiez & Try again.

Now stock firmware not installing. All getting failed in ODIN.

stuartfrew
2 years 19 days ago

All you need to do is reflash this leak firmware or root just bootinto download mode and flash I may have a cure for the not able to flash back to 4.3 going to test tomorrow and all being well I will pass results the method will use kies and odin and kies and odin over and over I managed to get odin to install 4.3 half way today rather than fail at the beginning so fingers crossed so dissapointing that sammobile wont answer folk with regards to flashing back again

gogolak
2 years 21 days ago

I have one big question… since this 4.4.2 leak is out… i was wondering that is it worth to update from official 4.3 to this one? Is it better? Everything working? Is laggy stuff gone? How is battery life? Please i need some answers

cdinoz
2 years 19 days ago

Im not sure what s2insider is smoking, but

1) The battery life is impressive. I was impressed by 4.3 – but 4.4.2 really has the improved memory footprint and is lasting a good hour or so longer in the day than I have ever seen on either 4.2 or 4.3
2) The thing is fast. Smooth transitions (although I am using Apex not TW for my launcher) from page to page.
3) Cool white notification icons and text at the top of the screen
4) My autorotate wasn’t working after the first flash of the rom. Fixed by repeating the flash and doing a full wipe
5) Installing FNA5 WILL WIPE YOUR DEVICE, so backup your sms, call logs and anything on your on-phone storage.

sidny187
2 years 18 days ago

WARNING!!!!

s2insider
2 years 21 days ago

Battery life is consumed real quick but if you do the factory reset it will return to normal even slightly better that 4.2.2, but the inevitable issues I’ve found is
1.Constant lagging (Touch animations is lagging like hell)
2.Touch responsive is bad
3.Show/hide notification settings in app info doesn’t work (No matter you check some app not to show notification, it’s still show every time after reboot the device or restart the app)
I’d say I also prefer 4.2.2 than 4.3

sidny187
2 years 18 days ago

WARNING!!!!

gogolak
2 years 22 days ago

The only thing that happens when i flash other country rom is that i can.t use kies update anymore…