Exclusive: I9505XXUFNA1 – Leaked Android 4.4.2 KitKat Test Firmware for Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)

Folks, after watching Motorola push some latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat goodness to its devices, we got a bit jealous – to be honest. So to get rid of our jealousy phase, we contacted our elite friends and got a treat for all of us Galaxy S4 users! We obtained a brand new Android 4.4.2 test firmware – I9505XXUFNA1 – for the Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505).

We are expecting Samsung to start officially rolling out the Android 4.4 KitKat update for the Galaxy S4 in February/March. We have been testing this particular build for about 5 days now and so far it’s been pretty stable, except a few minor hiccups here and there but these are expected as this is still a test build.

There are minor UI changes in Android 4.4.2 KitKat, the most noticeable being the status bar icons being changed from Gingerbread style green to all new awesome KitKat style white. BTW, white icons look stunning on top of the transparent status bar. We have seen a little bump is performance, and benchmark scores have slightly increased as well. Samsung’s keyboard layout has been improved in landscape orientation, which makes typing much easier and gesture typing works really well too. Samsung has implemented a camera shortcut direct on its lockscreen.

Model: GT-I9505
Country: Open Europe
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 276328
Build date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 23:30:51 +0000
Product Code: OXA
Download: I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_OXA.zip

- You are doing this at your OWN risk. We are not responsible if you brick your device or your cat eats your phone.
- This test firmware will NOT increase your binary counter NOR void your warranty.
- This test firmware is a pre-release build and not official from Samsung.

- Extract (unzip) the firmware file
- Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here)
- Extract Odin .ZIP file
- Open Odin3 v3.09
- Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_HOME.tar.md5 to AP
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!

Firmware news 171

1 year 6 months ago

did we get complete rom ?

1 year 7 months ago

Где же новая оболочка от Google (Stock Android)?

1 year 7 months ago

Where is the new shell from Google (Stock Android)?

htet yan
1 year 7 months ago

dear admin,
I can’t download bcoz file is big and need to create premium account there.
what is the other way to download that zip?
please reply me.

1 year 7 months ago

wifi issue’s solve is ” *#0011# menu button select wifi. turn off the wifi save mode. thats all.

1 year 7 months ago

doesnt work for me:((( please help..

ibrar haider malik
1 year 7 months ago

will it work in Pakistan Also

1 year 8 months ago

Samsung y cuando tendremos official 4.4 para el Galaxy S4. Se va haciendo tarde. Un exelente celular se merece mas respecto.

1 year 8 months ago

Puta madre. No me deja regresar al 4.3.

1 year 8 months ago

I have a problem in this Rom in the Wi-Fi does any body else had it ??

and which Rom is batter I9505XXUFNA1 Or I9505XXUFNA5 ..i hope to answer

1 year 8 months ago

what is this SS_DL.dll in all our files guys

1 year 8 months ago

Can i install this android 4.4.2 version in samsung galaxy grand(GT-I9082)??

1 year 8 months ago

I downloaded 4.4.2 test firmware and ask to extract the file and when I do it said the file is bad can someone help or tell me what I am doing wrong

1 year 8 months ago

not having any issues with this kk 4.4.2 test firmware (apart from forgetting to make a back up copy “lol”

even have the camera app on lock screen
couple of bugs but thats about it….running fine
seems a little bit better than the jb 4.3 on benchmark antutu test. and battery seems to be better

1 year 8 months ago

I have problem with external Microsd card. It is not showing on as “extSdCard” I tried twice to rebuild with full wipe.

How could let mobile show external SD.
Help wanted..

1 year 8 months ago

Is there anyway to enable the camera lockscreen shortcut? As it is not on mine after updating.

1 year 8 months ago

Has someone tried to install this software on i9506. Is it possible?

1 year 8 months ago

When you try play in youtube the cell is rebooted ajajaj

1 year 8 months ago

I went back tot the 4.3 because my navigation app (tomtom and Sycig) dind’t work. Even after a factory reset they woud’t work.

1 year 8 months ago

So, my experience so far:

-After flashing it I had no Wi-Fi, but that was easily fixed by doing a factory reset and reflashing. For some reason the Modem was still from 4.3 and once I reflashed it was brought to 4.4 modem.
-App switcher is not working, at least mostly
-Sometimes (very rarely) the screen is darker on apps as if you have the notification shade on top of them.
-S-View divider line (between time and date) and the time and date misaligns from the center, meaning, it’s a bit higher than it is supposed to be.
-When using S-View cover, the home button does not wake the device, only the power button.
-Corner camera shortcut is not there on secure lockscreen and as in 4.3 there’s no access to widgets if using anything other than swipe to unlock.

Other than that, it’s stable, no forcecloses, although I did have one reboot. I think it was an application’s lockup fault though, but still. No problems. Anxious to get the official build! Soon soon, hopefully, with those minor minor things fixed. It’s smooth and stable and battery life seems reasonable enough.

1 year 7 months ago

im sorry im a bit retarded.
i have problem with wifi.. sometimes it works as usual sometimes it doesnt work at all..
so i just do not understand “fixed by doing a factory reset and reflashing. ” this “reflashing” whats that ? :( how i need do reflashing?
p.s sorry for my english.

1 year 8 months ago

is this rom getting future updates from samsung over the air or kies, or will i have to do it by myself?

1 year 8 months ago

Flashed rom and did factory reset and it works like a charm (official). The only thing is the preinstalled youtube which is restarting the phone exactly after the first 30 seconds of the clip. It doesn’t matter if it’s fullscreen or not. No problem tho with the videos from the internal memory or anywhere else on the internet.

build kot49h.i9505xxufna1
kernel 3.4.0-276328

changelog: white statusbar

1 year 8 months ago

GT-I9500 here… Can you (sammobile) ask Samsung kitkit for testing purpose or whatever, WE WANT kitkat on octo !

1 year 8 months ago

Flashed it yesterday and so far it’s running very smooth. The battery life seems also a bit better, but that can be imagination. I’m gonna keep it for a while.

Just wondering if this version will update to the final version when it is availeble or do I have to flash the final version??

Enter CS for MD5..
Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
Please wait..
I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
Leave CS..
All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

what to do now?

1 year 8 months ago

yeah, Terafile sucks. And you guys are the only firmware depot I have seen that use them. Wasn’t getting over 100kbps as a free user and due to the nature of secure server connection, I was unable to resume the 12 wasted downloads I went through (not all of us have the liberty of unmetered downloads, thus becomes extremely frustrating). So instead of crying, I purchased a 7 day premium account, and voila… I was hitting 1.7-2.1 mbps per file. I will be downloading as many as I can in the time I have left on premium and throwing them in seedboxes for public torrent access, but for the sake of your revenue I will be hosting Australian and universal firmwares only as these are in high demand. Ill host them on mega.co.nz aswell if need be. You should consider file hosting alternatives guys, because if you don’t, others will.