Posted by Faryaab S. 8 months ago

S4-KitKat-Cover

Folks, after watching Motorola push some latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat goodness to its devices, we got a bit jealous – to be honest. So to get rid of our jealousy phase, we contacted our elite friends and got a treat for all of us Galaxy S4 users! We obtained a brand new Android 4.4.2 test firmware – I9505XXUFNA1 – for the Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505).

We are expecting Samsung to start officially rolling out the Android 4.4 KitKat update for the Galaxy S4 in February/March. We have been testing this particular build for about 5 days now and so far it’s been pretty stable, except a few minor hiccups here and there but these are expected as this is still a test build.

There are minor UI changes in Android 4.4.2 KitKat, the most noticeable being the status bar icons being changed from Gingerbread style green to all new awesome KitKat style white. BTW, white icons look stunning on top of the transparent status bar. We have seen a little bump is performance, and benchmark scores have slightly increased as well. Samsung’s keyboard layout has been improved in landscape orientation, which makes typing much easier and gesture typing works really well too. Samsung has implemented a camera shortcut direct on its lockscreen.

S4-KitKat
Model: GT-I9505
Country: Open Europe
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 276328
Build date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 23:30:51 +0000
Product Code: OXA
PDA: I9505XXUFNA1
CSC: I9505OXAFNA1
MODEM: I9505XXUFNA1
Download: I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_OXA.zip

NOTE
- You are doing this at your OWN risk. We are not responsible if you brick your device or your cat eats your phone.
- This test firmware will NOT increase your binary counter NOR void your warranty.
- This test firmware is a pre-release build and not official from Samsung.

INSTRUCTIONS
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file
- Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here)
- Extract Odin .ZIP file
- Open Odin3 v3.09
- Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_HOME.tar.md5 to AP
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!

Screenshots

172 comments on “Exclusive: I9505XXUFNA1 – Leaked Android 4.4.2 KitKat Test Firmware for Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)

1. rowdyc 8 months ago said:

Terafile says I can only download files up to 1024mb?!

2. mrachni 8 months ago said:

Cant download,change mirror,link…whatever.

3. lewy95 8 months ago said:

So If I flash this, it should work with my Australian Sim?

• miru_7 8 months ago said:

yes it will work because its open european firmware, you can also change your csc after intalling this, just go to play store and search for galaxy csc changer and then take your own and install it but please make a backup before you flash this firmware and change your csc

4. Twanntastic 8 months ago said:

need a premium account to download files larger 1024mb

5. tkruijer 8 months ago said:

Can someone fix me a link of mega.co.nz or another great uploadsite?

• lewy95 8 months ago said:

Pretty sure this is the only link. But I hear your pain. Soo bloody slow

• tkruijer 8 months ago said:

I can’t even download the file, it’s above 1gb of data, in which case you need a premium acount :(

• tkruijer 8 months ago said:

Ah, with the free account it works, but 4 hours of download time… Damn

• lewy95 8 months ago said:

Does work with a free account. But the download speed is ridiculous. About 4 hrs.

• koming 8 months ago said:

my chrome download says “1 day left” to download file

• TORPEDO83 8 months ago said:

U can use free account, it still works but terafiles is the worst file sharing for big files because free account speed is limited, 300 kbs/sec max speed (I don’t think anyone can reach that speed) and for me it said 187 days left.
          I suggest you to use Reget deluxe for faster download speed, plus it can pause and continue downloads. (Without restarting them)

6. eagleouss 8 months ago said:

Downgrade to 4.3 it is possible after installing this ROM (4.4.2)?

7. sexon 8 months ago said:

everybody wait for update and after all nothing new :/

8. SlySAN 8 months ago said:

New camera modes ???

9. izmir_delisi 8 months ago said:

bence indirmek için acele etmeyin bir çok hata mevcuttur. wifi blutooth vs.. vs..

10. i.s.s.w 8 months ago said:

4 HOURS WHAT THE H3LL

CANNOT WAIT I WANT TEST KitKat

11. miru_7 8 months ago said:

@ sammobile

there’re also testfirmware’s 4.4.2 for Note 3, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4mini and more i hope that you can get another one…..

12. Jocavi80 8 months ago said:

Terafile sucks, 9h to do a 1.5 Gb download!!????

13. butch2000 8 months ago said:

is there any improvements on kitkat?

14. Daruis 8 months ago said:

when will it come to the GT-I9500 it should be first since its the international version

• farid993 8 months ago said:

Samsung can not make software/firmware for their own hardware (Octa Soc) sooner than Qualcomm variants because they can not!!
      I suggest you next time do not buy faulty Octa version of Samsung because they do not know what are they doing themselves. It is not Apple! It is Samsung and they do not respect their fans and customers.

15. juzef112 8 months ago said:

magnet: CA323FC3DB0BD43FC06DA924B0FD03F2ED0D48D7

16. alexindj 8 months ago said:

Mmmmm and I9500 ??? =(

17. koming 8 months ago said:

1} can i install this on CWM/Philz recovery?
    2}does it matter what bootloader i am on? Is this ok for GT-I9505 (unlocked Int’l)?
    appreciate any advice

• zukri90 8 months ago said:

1. No you can’t. You need to install this using Odin.
      2. You are good to go regardless of bootloader version. This leaked firmware is made for GT-I9505.

• koming 8 months ago said:

thank you! :). follow up question: instruction above does not mention need wipe date/factory reset before install, so do we need to? tia

• zac69000 8 months ago said:

hey there can anyone give me some advice ? it’d be much appreciated. i’ve just upgraded my “S4 I9505″ from “JB 4.3″ to “KKat 4.4.2″ test firmware and forgot to make a back up copy of jb 4.3

can i use any firmware that ive downloaded from here this site
        like i9505xxuemk8 firmware
        thanks!!!! in advance!!!
        zac :-))

ps im a newbie so go easy on me “ha” :-)

ive got no problems with this KKat 4.4.2 test firmware, its a bit buggy but its running fine, just need to make a back up next time. “lol”

18. othon_odin 8 months ago said:

This firmware run in i337m?

19. sodafy 8 months ago said:

HI SAM WHERS NOTE 3 TEST FIRMWEAR OR WHEN??? PLEASE ANSWERME

20. noez92 8 months ago said:

any news for galaxy tab 3 8.0 android 4.3? why samsung was slow to update their tab series?

21. erickgt 8 months ago said:

It can be used for the GT-i9500 version?

• gogolak 8 months ago said:

Of course not!!! I still don.t get it why are u still asking this questions if the title is kitkat exclusive for gt i9505!!!! Just be patient and you will get ur i9500 firmware soon.

• stuartfrew 8 months ago said:

i9505 = international version as stated around 100 times now this firmware IS NOT for the i9500, to try adding this to your device will result in some serious issues as the title says though i9505 not and i say NOT i9500 this device will get their own leak closer to end of month normally how it goes

22. abrarakram19 8 months ago said:

colorful icons in status bar was more charming and beautiful.
    it’s not a good idea of white icons :(

23. ringone 8 months ago said:

What about Knox Security? If I put this rom on my S4 the Knox will stay 0×0?

24. tahasmarty 8 months ago said:

Lol i only see a battery car changed to WHITE nothing new poor s4 users :P

25. JQCkiller 8 months ago said:

Why I9500 No???

We pay the same as i9505 users, is not just that they always have first of all, being the 9500 original version …

Sorry for my bad English, I’m angry, but I thank that you keep your Samsung devices …

A 8.5 for Samsung —-

26. mwalid25 8 months ago said:

what about the Benchmark !!!!!

27. rokolix 8 months ago said:

what about root?

28. bigthugs0 8 months ago said:

again we ( i9500 )s are marginalized, no leaks for us

29. leonardob 8 months ago said:

is s3 getting 4.4 support, or 4.3 is the las official update for Galaxy SIII?

30. spaydix 8 months ago said:

I want to know how is the battery life ?

• stuartfrew 8 months ago said:

average :( wont know best till its been run for a couple of days as a couple of charge cycles sometimes improves

31. islash94 8 months ago said:

where the picture kitkat red ?

• miru_7 8 months ago said:

in the settings under about phone or info, there is also the softwareupdate, model name copyrightblablabla, android-version 4.4.2 and now click on android version about 4 or 5 times and it will came the swisskitkat out of your screen ;)

32. koming 8 months ago said:

. says one day to download then i get fail network error each time. any mirrors pls?

• stuartfrew 8 months ago said:

i had that type into google- I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_OXA.zip then someone has it on mega took me 30 mins to download :)

33. atifus 8 months ago said:

What about 3 x 4 keyboard layout????????????????????? they messed it up by removing it in 4.3…… Samsung please bring it back as there is no point using 3rd party apps for basic needs and its not a big deal either getting it back in

34. coolmmp 8 months ago said:

Here every on enjoying 4.4 and other side S3 GT-i9300 France(XEF) not receiving 4.3 it’s good?
    Who one knows when S3 GT-i9300 France(XEF) getting updates 4.3?

• stuartfrew 8 months ago said:

you will be getting 4.3 update should have it already but should be with you soon , the s3 and 4.3 you will hate , the s3 is also getting 4.4 around april/march time so you guys aint bombed out yet :D

35. Sneik0 8 months ago said:

Can you please tell me how to enable ART – or is it only possible with a rooted Device?

36. stuartfrew 8 months ago said:

my honest opinion , i hope they make this 4.4 better what a load of crap no real serious changes apart from status bar where they have made it all white instead of colours , no new firmware for the camera , the keyboard seems a little better but i feel there is an issue with this version of 4.4 email system takes absolte forever to load up no where near as fast as it was :(.but overall if 4.4 is going to be like this then you wont notice to much of a change on your device not even new live wallpaper !!! but have to remind my self this is a test firmware and will change in time but for now i am returning to 4.3

37. yash1331 8 months ago said:

What ABout Note II (N7100) ??

38. jnam9 8 months ago said:

Do you know if there will be a version for the sprint variant of the galaxy s4

39. shibinsuhair 8 months ago said:

sir i want to try this but my s4 is uae firmvere after i flash any thing problum my be imei null beseband unknown

40. rokolix 8 months ago said:

WIFI doesn’t work for me

• stuartfrew 8 months ago said:

wipe your device and this should sort it out

• notanothercliche 8 months ago said:

I wiped everything, and still the wi-fi doesn’t work. Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

• rigo3t 8 months ago said:

My Wi-Fi also was not working, I went into recovery made a factory reset and it still didn’t do the trick so I wen’t back to ODIN and reflashed it and made sure F. Reset and Auto-reboot were ticked and that fixed it for me.

41. piraet 8 months ago said:

very fast from Mega

42. rklijmij 8 months ago said:

WIFI doesn’t work for me

43. lewy95 8 months ago said:

I have installed it it it seems to be okay so far. Though the camera shortcut is missing from the lockscreen :/

44. jassi143 8 months ago said:

WIFI not working on my s4 after installing this rom any solutions please

45. Sagona86 8 months ago said:

Accidentally, I added the I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_HOME.tar.md5 to BL, not AP and (as i see) everything works fine. Should I do factory reset or not? what is the difference beetween AP and BL?

46. serdel 8 months ago said:

Issue.
    Changing apps from homebutton working appa do not work.
    Sorry for my english

47. donse11 8 months ago said:

Hey, can you answer this question please…. Prev Google put a limit on the amount of texts you could send in 1 hour to around 50 or 100, any more and it came up with a stupid warning blocking all the texts, I had to then go into each one and send it. However, when I installed CM11 Android 4.4.2, I sent a group message and did not get the warning. Can you confirm this firmware will allow me to send group messages without coming back failed? Is it in Android 4.4.2 that Google fixed this? Cheers, Chris

48. nkolsen 8 months ago said:

This is taking forever…. Cant you put mirrors up ? I have been trying all day, but the DL speed keeps throttling down when i get near 2-300 MB…….

49. kaks5 8 months ago said:

Anywhere I can get that plain blue wallpaper..? its a bit different to the one that is already there

50. exclaimed 8 months ago said:

Hopefully sammobile will leak one for the i9500. Last time we got a leak was a day before the official was released for i9500. Not cool. :/ The i9505 had like 2 maybe 3 leaks and we had gotten only 1. Hopefully they’ll leak one after a week. :p I have hope in sammobile.

51. jesusvelazquezd 8 months ago said:

Hi, This firmware could work in S4 Active SGH-I537 or S4 SGH-I337?
    Thanks

52. adolf88 8 months ago said:

Has Wpa2 Enterprise TTLS been fixed?

53. mnadeem79 8 months ago said:

Excellent. I have updated my GS-4 with latest firmware without any issue. All is working fine..

54. ichalcio 8 months ago said:

When I install this ROM, can i get an update on the future or I need to restore the original ROM.

55. atifus 8 months ago said:

What about Ram usage???? Is it more Ram freed ????? as its supposed to be using 512 mb only?

56. scholz123 8 months ago said:

Hi Sammobile have you heard something about the Mega 6.3 (GT-I9205)to get Kitkat 4.4.2 soon? The leaked Document says that the Mega get the Firmware, but when? Greetz

57. thoma1106 8 months ago said:

I have a problem with my external SdCard with this Version. It´s not writeble. Somebody else too?

• Mr.Vladiston 8 months ago said:

I have the same problem writing the external SD card with any other app then the stock file manager. It can only be written with the stock file explorer from Samsung and I have also another issue. I don’t have lock screen camera shortcut and the lock screen shortcuts are missing from the lock screen section in the settings…

58. vertexman 8 months ago said:

Hi!
    Please someone can tell us about if this test firmware contains knox?

Tnx sooooo much.

59. carlostkd 8 months ago said:

wiht this flash i lose my all apps or not? answer would be grateful
    Thanks in advanced

60. choice2rejoice 8 months ago said:

No, your apps are or oké.

I have issues with Nova launcher. It fails every time to load. Or the apps drawer isn’t shown. Anybody with the same problem?

61. ichalcio 8 months ago said:

Please guys waiting the answer before I install the rom

62. stuermera 8 months ago said:

I experienced several auto-rotation issues.
    After a few reboots auto rotation doesn’t work anymore as well as getures to “swype” the pictures in the gallery.

Turning off/on the auto rotation switch doesn’t help, as well as restoring factory defaults. The ROM has to be flashes again. I did that 4 times now, everytime after a few reboots auto rotation is gone.

All I am using is SuperSU 1.89.
    So far I haven’t tested it a few hours without any modification.
    Can anybody confirm this?

63. choice2rejoice 8 months ago said:

Btw… Also problems with adw launcher. There seem to be a glitch in starting the launcher, when passing by the security code. It happens with every launcher, except Go launcher is holding up best.

I also don’t have the option to switch to ART.

I don’t have rotating problems.

More problems, I have to seek for :P

• hd.resende 8 months ago said:

Sorry for my english, but this version is slower in the AnTuTu tests, scrolling text is purple, the camera is worse, is not working FolderMount, the battery is discharging faster, went back to 4.3

• choice2rejoice 8 months ago said:

Yeah well. That he’s slower right now, don’t really see it. Looks like navigating through the phone is smoother. But then again, maybe I’m tricking myself. Battery is about the same. Don’t see purple text when scrolling. But being colorblind, maybe I just don’t see it.
        Maybe I’m going back too.

64. choice2rejoice 8 months ago said:

I really hope the final version isn’t gonna give those shitty problems!

65. darksidee 8 months ago said:

fuck terafile! sorry for my language, but after 5-6 tries of captcha code it says i have to wait 8 minutes ”until next free download” even i not downloaded anything before…better use/create a private/public uterrent tracker for the firmwares !!! is more easy to use and accesibile for everyone!

66. hiha910919 8 months ago said:

dafuq … the download speed is so god damn slow …

67. MahmoudMe 8 months ago said:

please we need if for GT-I9500…

68. roberto.lima 8 months ago said:

Download ETA: 2 days left!
    You got to be kidding, this is unacceptable.
    Please I begging you, change the server.

69. nivlafx 8 months ago said:

This clearly states how much of a dumba** samsung is for their exynos chips, wow, samsung cant provide updates as fast for their own crap, wow. An advice to samsung employees when they visit this site if they ever do because they don’t care about us, quit, find yourself somewhere better, sony or so, samsung is really crap right now to any dev.

70. dmitraso 8 months ago said:

Will this work on SGH-I337M (canada) ?

71. nivlafx 8 months ago said:

@dmitraso it would not work with any other device that’s not i9505

72. mchbihi 8 months ago said:

Hi. I’ve installed this ROM and i have a probleme with Google Apps. All Google Aps crash and i got this message ‘Google Play Services shut down’. anyone have this probleme?

• gogolak 8 months ago said:

Make a backup and go to recovery by turning off ur phone and then press home+power+vol up and then wipe data/factory settings and wipe cache! If the problem is still there…try reflashing this rom or just try to flash the official 4.3:)

73. hassanreza 8 months ago said:

when the update for s3 will be posted ? ??
    eagerly wating … !

74. deejaystyn 8 months ago said:

yeah, Terafile sucks. And you guys are the only firmware depot I have seen that use them. Wasn’t getting over 100kbps as a free user and due to the nature of secure server connection, I was unable to resume the 12 wasted downloads I went through (not all of us have the liberty of unmetered downloads, thus becomes extremely frustrating). So instead of crying, I purchased a 7 day premium account, and voila… I was hitting 1.7-2.1 mbps per file. I will be downloading as many as I can in the time I have left on premium and throwing them in seedboxes for public torrent access, but for the sake of your revenue I will be hosting Australian and universal firmwares only as these are in high demand. Ill host them on mega.co.nz aswell if need be. You should consider file hosting alternatives guys, because if you don’t, others will.

75. abdoadelkaitokid 8 months ago said:

Enter CS for MD5..
    Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    Please wait..
    I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
    Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    Leave CS..
    All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

what to do now?

76. 454ssV8 8 months ago said:

Flashed it yesterday and so far it’s running very smooth. The battery life seems also a bit better, but that can be imagination. I’m gonna keep it for a while.

Just wondering if this version will update to the final version when it is availeble or do I have to flash the final version??

77. 3rik 8 months ago said:

GT-I9500 here… Can you (sammobile) ask Samsung kitkit for testing purpose or whatever, WE WANT kitkat on octo !

78. cuijknoord 8 months ago said:

changelog: white statusbar

79. andrei432 8 months ago said:

Flashed rom and did factory reset and it works like a charm (official). The only thing is the preinstalled youtube which is restarting the phone exactly after the first 30 seconds of the clip. It doesn’t matter if it’s fullscreen or not. No problem tho with the videos from the internal memory or anywhere else on the internet.

80. leozzine 8 months ago said:

is this rom getting future updates from samsung over the air or kies, or will i have to do it by myself?

81. rigo3t 8 months ago said:

So, my experience so far:

-After flashing it I had no Wi-Fi, but that was easily fixed by doing a factory reset and reflashing. For some reason the Modem was still from 4.3 and once I reflashed it was brought to 4.4 modem.
    -App switcher is not working, at least mostly
    -Sometimes (very rarely) the screen is darker on apps as if you have the notification shade on top of them.
    -S-View divider line (between time and date) and the time and date misaligns from the center, meaning, it’s a bit higher than it is supposed to be.
    -When using S-View cover, the home button does not wake the device, only the power button.
    -Corner camera shortcut is not there on secure lockscreen and as in 4.3 there’s no access to widgets if using anything other than swipe to unlock.

Other than that, it’s stable, no forcecloses, although I did have one reboot. I think it was an application’s lockup fault though, but still. No problems. Anxious to get the official build! Soon soon, hopefully, with those minor minor things fixed. It’s smooth and stable and battery life seems reasonable enough.

• akrimas 8 months ago said:

im sorry im a bit retarded.
      i have problem with wifi.. sometimes it works as usual sometimes it doesnt work at all..
      so i just do not understand “fixed by doing a factory reset and reflashing. ” this “reflashing” whats that ? :( how i need do reflashing?
      p.s sorry for my english.

82. jazsam 8 months ago said:

I went back tot the 4.3 because my navigation app (tomtom and Sycig) dind’t work. Even after a factory reset they woud’t work.

83. alvaroretamal 8 months ago said:

When you try play in youtube the cell is rebooted ajajaj

84. penksator 8 months ago said:

Has someone tried to install this software on i9506. Is it possible?

85. g33ksquad 8 months ago said:

Is there anyway to enable the camera lockscreen shortcut? As it is not on mine after updating.

86. eresen 8 months ago said:

I have problem with external Microsd card. It is not showing on as “extSdCard” I tried twice to rebuild with full wipe.

How could let mobile show external SD.
    Help wanted..

87. zac69000 8 months ago said:

not having any issues with this kk 4.4.2 test firmware (apart from forgetting to make a back up copy “lol”

even have the camera app on lock screen
    couple of bugs but thats about it….running fine
    seems a little bit better than the jb 4.3 on benchmark antutu test. and battery seems to be better

88. sammatt3 8 months ago said:

I downloaded 4.4.2 test firmware and ask to extract the file and when I do it said the file is bad can someone help or tell me what I am doing wrong

89. lucky1915 8 months ago said:

Can i install this android 4.4.2 version in samsung galaxy grand(GT-I9082)??

90. samsudan 8 months ago said:

what is this SS_DL.dll in all our files guys

91. katkoot 8 months ago said:

I have a problem in this Rom in the Wi-Fi does any body else had it ??

and which Rom is batter I9505XXUFNA1 Or I9505XXUFNA5 ..i hope to answer

92. munozgoncalves 8 months ago said:

Puta madre. No me deja regresar al 4.3.

93. munozgoncalves 8 months ago said:

Samsung y cuando tendremos official 4.4 para el Galaxy S4. Se va haciendo tarde. Un exelente celular se merece mas respecto.

94. ibrar haider malik 8 months ago said:

will it work in Pakistan Also

95. mr.biceps 8 months ago said:

wifi issue’s solve is ” *#0011# menu button select wifi. turn off the wifi save mode. thats all.

96. htet yan 8 months ago said:

dear admin,
    I can’t download bcoz file is big and need to create premium account there.
    what is the other way to download that zip?
    please reply me.

97. alexmoor1986 8 months ago said:

Где же новая оболочка от Google (Stock Android)?

98. rabbu456 8 months ago said:

did we get complete rom ?