Posted by Abhijeet M. 12 months ago

Samsung Galaxy Grand Lite (GT-I9060) visits the FCC

Galaxy Grand 2

We confirmed the existence of the Galaxy Grand Lite earlier this month, and now the FCC has decided to offer some shelter to the device, bringing it one step closer to its expected launch sometime in early February. The FCC filing confirms a 2,100 mAh battery but doesn’t reveal much else, but according to our insider, the specs include a 5-inch WVGA (480×800) screen, 1.2GHz quad-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage and a microSD slot, a 5-megapixel camera, and Android 4.2 or newer.

Since it’s a phone aimed primarily at emerging markets, dual SIM functionality was expected as well, and the FCC documents seemingly confirm this through the “DS” text in the model number. The Galaxy Grand Lite will be launched in white, “Midnight Black”, “Lime Green”, and orange, and Samsung will be showing off the device at Mobile World Congress in late February.

Samsung-Galaxy-Grand-Lite-GT-I9060-FCC-2Samsung-Galaxy-Grand-Lite-GT-I9060-FCC-1

ViaSource

5 comments on “Samsung Galaxy Grand Lite (GT-I9060) visits the FCC

1. ReaperChief 12 months ago said:

The Grand 2 is already a great device for lower budgets.. this one will be a great device for no budget at all, which is good..

2. jman0 12 months ago said:

So, besides the screen size, what’s the difference between this and the already existing Galaxy Win/Grand Quattro? I see none, at least regarding memory size, processor cores and speed, and camera.

I guess this is just a new example of the usual (and stupid) Samsung policy: instead of upgrading the firmware for a existing phone, they just release a new one almost identical, but with a newer Android version. Do they expect current owners of Galaxy Grand Quattro will buy a phone which is almost the same thing?

• miru_7 12 months ago said:

ok, i really don’t know why some people want ever a new-update of a device?????????????????????
      samsung develop everyday 3 or 4 firmwareupdates and test those. every device became its update yet. i don’t need it, if you don’t wanna wait for it so flash a fukcking customrom on your device and you will have your device with the last androidversion who cares…….

• sguyx 12 months ago said:

LOL

That’s all I can say. Having Android 4.1.x since from january 2013 in Note 10.1 – and no news about updates, almost a year is already behind. Should I then flash it with custon rom, or how long do you suggest me to wait the update?

Thanks, but no thanks! Already got Sony SW2 and moving away from Samsung devices. Never again this shit! Billion version/models but no UPDATES FOR THEIR PREMIUM CLASS FLAGSHIPS!?

• miru_7 12 months ago said:

ok my note 2 is also runing jellybean since january 2013 and i get about 14updates for it and the last was 4.3 and all in this year!!!! i don’t wanna have ever newer version on my device, why? its simple i alrady can do everything with it.

did you know that the same device is not the same device, but i wish u all good with sony…