Posted by Kunal G. 1 year ago

Galaxy S4 goes up in flames


galaxy-s4-fire

Phones getting overheated is a common occurrence but when that culminates into a fire that damages the phone and has the potential to harm the user, it becomes a serious concern. This is what apparently happened with a Galaxy S4 user in UAE who bought her device in May. Almost after a month, the user saw the Galaxy S4 burning after she had kept it for charging overnight. As the image shows, the Galaxy S4′s microUSB port and the USB cable are completely burnt while the flip cover receiving some damage as well.

Good thing for her that no one was hurt during the incident and post the coverage on Emirates 24/7, Samsung Gulf agreed to exchange it for a new Galaxy S4 and a flip cover.

We have gotten hold of the product in question, and will be conducting a thorough examination to determine the exact cause of this incident. We would like to assure our customers that we have always employed strict quality control and safety standards to ensure a safe and pleasant user experience.

What the examination will conclude is a big question but let’s hope Samsung does update us on the findings as there are chances the user could be faking like the previous Galaxy S III user.

via

Related Posts:

18 comments on “Galaxy S4 goes up in flames

  1. SilencerRemix 1 year ago said:

    Considering the phone charges quicker then most phones I hardly do an overnight charge.

    But yeah sounds like a hardware fault.

    Report this comment

  2. Yucko 1 year ago said:

    “Samsung Gulf agreed to exchange it for a new Galaxy S4 and a flip cover”

    Not initially.
    At first they refused to give a replacement phone but only offered to repair her own device and the flipcover was not being replaced.
    Ony after Emirates 24|7 did a story about it and contacted Samsung they were willing to give a brand new S4 + flipcover (follow the link to Emirates 24|7 article)

    Report this comment

  3. kicin 1 year ago said:

    USB kabl ni bil OK

    Report this comment

  4. velti 1 year ago said:

    100% fake.
    someone set fire to himself.
    eg iphone fans

    Report this comment

  5. vslsnks 1 year ago said:

    I will never understand how a phone can catch fire while charging. My phone simply stops charging when to hot, and starts automatically when cooled down. ALL PHONES HAVE THAT FEATURE!!

    Report this comment

    • romain27111 1 year ago said:

      i think like you!

      It look more like a fake or some charging mod that went wrong.

      I always leave my note2 ( with stock kernel ) plugged to have it at 100% when i leave my house and i never had any overheat problem or anything.

      But don’t forget bad and-or cheap baterie can overheat and explode too!

      Report this comment

  6. jgjd691995 1 year ago said:

    are u sure the previous one was a fake ?? and is it just me or dont u need like idk atleast 500V to do that ?? and why is this even happening (if not fake) does anyone here have a possible answer??

    Report this comment

  7. mercedsamg 1 year ago said:

    Could be many things power surge she used the wrong voltage.. Or just a prank.. my bet is she used a wrong voltage or a power surge.. I have a s4 and it never gets hot ever.

    Report this comment

  8. apsjr1 1 year ago said:

    I believe with vslsnks on 10 July 2013 on Galaxy s4 all phone has a automatic shut off when is fully charge so if there was a way to bypass the automatic shut off that the only way.

    Report this comment

  9. AquilaSol 1 year ago said:

    And this is why you should always use a surge protector. The ONLY thing that could have caused this ia a powersurge.

    If you charge your phone overnight, against the safety advice of every single tech expert out there, then at least have the common sense to use a surge protector.

    Report this comment

  10. lecheain 1 year ago said:

    I think she messed up with the voltage settings, as its pretty easy with a custom kernel. This is the reason i don’t increase or decrease voltage values. Stock is best.

    Report this comment

  11. gtone339 1 year ago said:

    Maybe she forgot to turn off the power? Or……maybe it’s the intense heat over there at UAE? Wifi?

    Report this comment

  12. opethianskies 1 year ago said:

    an apple fan-boy just burnt a samsung SIV. it seemed like to me :)

    Report this comment

  13. blowntoaster 1 year ago said:

    that looks like a power surge or faulty wall socket or something. shoddy electrics I’d say…

    Report this comment

  14. iwih 1 year ago said:

    Hi,
    Actually, it’s not possible to withdraw an electrical current able to cause such a damage from a (5 V) charger!
    Also, when there is a weak point in the conductors, only that point shall fail and have a damage (which would be only plastic melting after melting of the wire inside).
    It’s totally impossible to have such a damage due to heating after charging!
    One day, I had a 220 V cable failed due to overload, and trust me, there was no burning, only melting!

    Report this comment

  15. www.appocalypse.mobi 1 year ago said:

    Some people just want to see the world burn ;) Ok its not the first case. A similar thing happened to an 18 year old girl in Switzerland but it resulted in 2nd and 3rd degree burns. It happens my Nokia N95 exploded as well and thank God it didnt set the house on fire as it was lying on a stack of documents.

    best regards
    Bossmann

    PS the you can find the links to the original articles on

    http://appocalypse.mobi/news/samsung-c4-some-people-just-want-to-see-the-world-burn/

    Report this comment

  16. agyawusu2012 1 year ago said:

    This is fake

    Report this comment

Leave a Reply






SamMobile
© 2014 SamMobile.com  |  About us  |  Contact  |  Privacy & Cookies  |  Find us on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.
Partners: Androidworld.nl