Galaxy S4′s latest benchmark confirms Samsung’s Exynos 5 Octa kills Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 600

Today at SamMobile, we received the latest benchmark tests of the Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 (Exynos 5 Octa variant) with Samsung’s latest test firmware installed and the results are highly impressive. In previous test firmwares Samsung had clocked the Exynos 5 Octa CPU to 1.8GHz but in the most recent test firmware it has been decreased to 1.6GHz, as Samsung officially announced.

There are, currently, 3 variants of the Galaxy S4:
GT-I9500 – Exynos 5 Octa 1.6 GHz without LTE
GT-I9505 – Snapdragon 600 1.9 GHz with LTE
SHV-E300S – Exynos 5 Octa 1.8 GHz with LTE

Samsung has given a slight performance boost to the Korean variant of the Galaxy S4 by increasing the Exynos 5 Octa’s clock speed to 1.8GHz. Do keep in mind these benchmarks are not from the Korean variant (SHV-E300S) but from the international variant (GT-I9500) which is clocked at 1.6GHz and it still blows Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 600 SoC out of the water!

Our insider’s Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) scored a whooping 28018 points on Antutu. The Snapdragon equipped Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) scored 23607 points, as benchmarked by the folks at GSMArena. We expect the Korean variant (SHV-E300S) to score 30000+ points and one thing is for sure, the Korean Galaxy S4 SHV-E300S will be the fastest device on the planet.

Now don’t be sad if your country is not getting the Exynos 5 Octa variant of the Galaxy S4 as you will not notice a performance difference in day to day tasks between the Snapdragon 600 equipped Galaxy S4 and Exynos 5 Octa equipped Galaxy S4. However, the Exynos variant will be faster while using high CPU extensive apps and will also be more power efficient thanks to ARM’s big.LITTLE technology.

Phones 27

Kevinlph
2 years 3 months ago

I’m waiting for the Galaxy Note 3. By the time that comes out Exynos Octa will be perfect along with the device. I can’t wait. That device is going to be the best thing to ever hit the market. At least that’s what I hope. Samsung hasn’t been nice to the US lately, giving us the Galaxy Note8 without phone capabilities.

Paolo
2 years 4 months ago

From today it is available in Italy, GT-I9505 variant. But, this time I not purchase it. I have all Samsung Galaxy S 1-3, but not this!!
Why three different version and the best for Korea??
Bye bye

zug
2 years 4 months ago

So can anyone tell me why exactly they have the I9505? Why would Samsung not use the Exynos in all of the variants?

zlebors
2 years 4 months ago

Why there’s only one screenshot? I think it would be fair enough if this article show screenshots from each chipset as they have had compared 2 different chipset.

sanlui
2 years 4 months ago

does anyone know exactly if and when the samsung galaxy s4 with octa core coming to Germany. many thanks in advance

georgethechef
2 years 4 months ago

Does anybody know when the I905 will be released in UK?
Plus is it true that the GT-I9500 – Exynos 5 Octa 1.6 GHz without LTE
Will have better battery consumption than the
GT-I9505 – Snapdragon 600 1.9 GHz with LTE?

gtone339
2 years 4 months ago

1. Probably on the last week fo April, if not then May.

2. Yes, read the article above.

georgethechef

Thank you for replying.
Any idea when the GT-I9500 – Exynos 5 Octa 1.6 GHz without LTE
will arrive in Uk???

many thanks again

ArminVB

Hey guys I have a question, which one is true? 441dpi or 480dpi
I’m confused!

HaZeBit
2 years 4 months ago

It is 441, and you mean ppi, not dpi.

ArminVB
2 years 4 months ago

Haha…it’s true but look at that pictures :D

jgjd691995
2 years 4 months ago

I wonder if it’s a good idea to buy the Korean version or if it’s just a international overlooked version with 4g unlocked

vistarious
2 years 4 months ago

Actually, it is only sold with contract (24 months) by Korean carrier.(NOT sim-free)

gkswjddn

저기…우리나라 이용자인가요?

ErfanDJ
2 years 4 months ago

thats it sammy…..thats a great result for the new power devil SGS4….HTC eat shit…:)))))))))

matanga
2 years 4 months ago

Now I am confused. I thought all exynos 5 octa would support LTE… Why make the GT-I9500 without LTE??? That seems too stupid.

Steef
2 years 4 months ago

I think it can do more than that. Quad A15 should be able to get a score above 30000, so there is still some tuning left to do by Samsung.
I really hate that Samsung doesnt bring the Exynos version to the Netherlands, at least not from the beginning. Now I´m having a hard time to choose between the HTC One and Galaxy S4.

Yucko
2 years 4 months ago

I’m curious if Samsung is going to repeat this Snapdragon/Exynos drama with the SGN3.

m8118
2 years 4 months ago

Probably just a small percentage of users even know the difference (and most of us are here…)

descargaasaco
2 years 4 months ago

Leak that system dump please

PLANET
2 years 4 months ago

Not bad at all ;) Pity the GPU isn’t quad-core…

…and pity FM Radio is supposedly taken out from ALL of the versions.

If the Korean version has FM Radio, I can consider it, since it has +200 Mhz on the CPU already AND LTE (global bands) working.

Could get it through eBay or by other means, if possible :)

anozawa
2 years 4 months ago

Just buy Sony MW600 bluetooth headphones. It has FM included.
I have it and it’s very good.

You won’t be able to record the radio audio though.

vistarious
2 years 4 months ago

I do not think it will not have FM Radio function in Korean Edition of Galaxy S4 or LTE (global bands).
Instead, it will have T-DMB antenna and Korean carrier LTE band only.
Korean rarely listen to radio by phone…..

vistarious
2 years 4 months ago

Actually all Korean Edition mobile phones are depended on Korean carrier.

PLANET
2 years 4 months ago

Thanks man. So probably no FM Radio in all three versions.
Actually on its own none of the advantages of the Korean version are that decisive for me, but faster clock speed is surely a good incentive.
As for LTE, only one per four major operators have it enabled in Poland, so it could probably be overseen, but since LTE has such low pings, better stability AND faster upload (which I need) & I could switch operator – it’s still undecided which Exynos version would be better.

As far as I’ve read, some sources claimed Korean version will be world-enabled when speaking both of LTE and GSM bands, an of course it will have also dedicated bands needed in Korea and Asia region.
Please clear me on that if you have any confirmation.

vistarious
2 years 4 months ago

oh, my information is only for SHV-E300S,SHV-E300K,SHV-E300L (Korean Editions).

NOT GT-I9500 or GT-I9505

PLANET
2 years 4 months ago

I even found it here: http://www.sammobile.com/2013/04/02/galaxy-s4s-korean-variant-shv-e300sk-to-feature-exynos-5-octa-clocked-at-1-8ghz-confirmed-by-fcc/

LTE band 3 = 1800 Mhz, which is used in Poland.
It would also, as mentioned, feature LTE band 1 (2100 Mhz), 5 (850 Mhz), 7 (2600 Mhz) and 17 (700 Mhz). You would need to check the bands in your country yourself, I’m afraid – but AFAIK these kind of set of bands means it is worldwide.

So the only question left is the GSM (2G) and 3G bands – would they be included and world-wide?
Same goes for data transfer basing on them (for 2G – GPRS, EDGE and for 3G – UMTS, HSDPA, HSPA (HSDPA+HSUPA), HSPA+ and HSPA+ DC).

If they are present and world-wide (or at least in a specific region)… Then the Korean version, even without FM Radio (bad move, Samsung, IMHO), would be a good idea to buy.