Samsung has released a major update for Galaxy Enhance-X, an app that can enhance your pictures and videos using the power of AI. With this update, Samsung is introducing new features that the company promised it would bring to the app with One UI 6.
The app has also received a UI redesign as Samsung has had to make space for the new features. Instead of just putting shortcuts to functions such as brightening a picture or fixing blur in the bottom bar, Samsung has separated functions into different categories and placed buttons for those categories in the bottom bar.
New Galaxy Enhance-X features work on One UI 6
The update brings a number of exciting and useful features, as you can see in the list below. Some of these features may not be available on every phone, though you will have to check for yourself after installing the latest version.
- Sky Guide: Sky Guide analyses pictures of the stars and identifies constellation, stars, galaxies, nebulas and clusters.
- 24hr time-lapse: The 24hr time-lapse features turns still photos into, well, 24-hour timelapses, though this feature has also been available in the standard Gallery app on Samsung phones for some time.
- Single Take: Single Take is a mode found in the Camera app on all modern Galaxy devices that can capture different types of pictures and video clips with a single tap of the shutter button, and with Galaxy Enhance-X, you can now apply Single Take to existing videos and motion images.
- Slow-mo: Galaxy Enhance-X can now turn short video clips into slow motion videos by generating extra frames.
- Long Exposure: As the name suggests, this feature can apply a long exposure effect to scenes in video clips shorter than 60 seconds.
- Clean Lens: This feature can clean up photos blurred because of fingerprint smudges on the camera lens.
- Denoise: Galaxy Enhance-X can remove noise from pictures to increase their quality.
Enhance-X is coming to Galaxy A53 and A54 with One UI 6
Galaxy Enhance-X is only available for Samsung's flagship phones at the moment, but it is set to get support for the Galaxy A53 and Galaxy A54. This update probably adds support for those devices, though you will need Android 14/One UI 6 before you can use the app on your A53 or A54.
Samsung hasn't said if other mid-range Galaxy phones will get support for Enhance-X once they are updated to One UI 6. Devices like the Galaxy A52/A52s and recent Galaxy A3x smartphones have pretty capable hardware, so there's a good chance Samsung will expand the list of supported mid-range devices in the future.
New Enhance-X update (v2.0.27) available in the Galaxy Store
The Enhance-X update is now available in the Galaxy Store and sports version number 2.0.27. Since the new features require One UI 6, the update is only rolling out to devices that are running the beta or stable version of One UI 6. You can download it from the Galaxy Store or you can hop over to APKMirror, download the APK file for the app, and install it by sideloading it to the phone.