New Galaxy Note 8 update brings a fix for LTE data interruption

Home / News / New Galaxy Note 8 update brings a fix for LTE data interruption

Samsung is pushing out a new update to the Galaxy Note 8 in Taiwan, bringing a fix for the issue of “intermittent interruption of LTE data.” That’s the only highlight in the changelog, and the firmware version (N950FXXU2BQKG) hasn’t changed from the last time, so this looks to be just a followup update. We’re not sure what kind of LTE data interruption Samsung is talking about, although we’re hoping the update fixes the problem with switching between 3G and 4G networks that at least one member of our team has been experiencing on his Note 8.

New Galaxy Note 8 update rolling out

It also remains to be seen if this update will be released for all regions or stay exclusive to a few countries. For now, if you’re using a Galaxy Note 8 in Taiwan, you can see if the update is available for your phone from the Settings » Software update menu. The rollout seems to have begun a couple of days ago, so it should have reached most eligible handsets at this point. We also have the latest firmware available in our database, so you can use a PC to manually install the latest software if the update isn’t available for you over the air.

Seeing the new update on your Galaxy Note 8?

New Galaxy Note 8 update brings a fix for LTE data interruption

Firmware news 11

andihabibi2712
8 days 7 hours ago
andihabibi2712

i have tried CP file update (BQL3) from taiwan but still not fixed my 4G connection……even samsung service center can not help my problem, just suggested to me for waiting software update….. this is condition push me to root my device…… LOL…..

w1n73rf3ll
20 days 19 hours ago
w1n73rf3ll

released for the Note 8 N950F dual sim europe! version

madusmacus
21 days 22 hours ago
madusmacus

Never had an update yet stuck on purchased firmware UK and security patch 1st August
So start hacking me peeps
I guess its a Big thank you goes out to UK EE useless :¬(

preime101
18 days 6 hours ago
preime101

Not just EE. I have the unlocked UK Dual Sim version (purchased directly from Samsung UK) and am also stuck on the launch software (Which incidentally does not appear to exist. Tired contacting Samsung numerous times and they ignore my point and tried posting in the Forum here to see if anyone has any advice only for my posts to either disappear or never get approved.

23 days 14 hours ago
Eddygraphic

Downloading right now! on SM-N950F from Taiwan, pretty big update at 538.99 MB

kemilissa
23 days 20 hours ago
kemilissa

Got that latest update today here in Dominican Republic. Note 8 dual sim Korea version.

Biransahin
24 days 39 minutes ago
Biransahin

I got that same firmware in Turkey about 2 weeks ago with the December patch update…and a very small update later.. I wonder is that it? There’s only 4.5g here so I’m not sure if problem even applies to here.

Shenoysiddhant
24 days 1 hour ago
Shenoysiddhant

They totally forgot to update the note 4 n910g this time I guess they just don’t care anymore about it

Biransahin
24 days 36 minutes ago
Biransahin

Note, 8, 7, 5…….4…that’s 4 Notes ago. Time for an upgrade brother! 🙂

Shenoysiddhant
23 days 12 hours ago
Shenoysiddhant

There should be a better phone to upgrade to after all there are no major change’s in phones these days so why spend so much on them for just 6 months or 3 to 4 now after which it gets out dated

locarno
23 days 21 hours ago
locarno

I think August security patch it the last patch for Note 4. Then they released BlueBorne and Krack fix but without new month of security patch. I think there’s end of support for Note 4.