Samsung's Galaxy Store and Galaxy Themes won't be available for a few hours next week. The company has informed Galaxy device users that it will temporarily suspend the app Store and Themes service for system maintenance work.
The Galaxy Store and Themes servers will be down on August 22 between 2:30 – 5:30 (GMT+5:30 / Mumbai time). It's unclear if the servers will be down worldwide or only in India, but they should be back up and operating within a few hours.
Story continues after the video
What won't you be able to do during maintenance?
On August 22 at the designated hours, Galaxy device users won't have access to the Galaxy Store and Themes services on their phones, tablets, and the web. Here's a list of things you won't be able to access while the maintenance work is ongoing:
- Download and update of all apps or content through Galaxy Store/Galaxy Themes will be temporarily suspended.
- Emergency updates/security updates provided by Samsung Galaxy devices are temporarily suspended.
- Access is not possible if you move directly from the other apps to GalaxyStore/Galaxy Themes.
- Galaxy Store that can be accessed from manufacturers other than Samsung is not available either, and download and update of Galaxy Store/Galaxy Themes apps or content are stopped
- Access to Galaxy Store/Galaxy Themes or use of Galaxy Store/Galaxy Themes servers are temporarily suspended.
As you can see, security patch releases will also be temporarily halted. You won't be able to download and apply new firmware during this maintenance period. At least not OTA. You can still download official firmware files from our website if you need to.
Even app developers won't have access to the Store or be able to update their apps. Samsung should bring the Store and Themes services online after a few hours, but as usual with maintenance work, the company doesn't deny the possibility that the end time may change depending on the progress.
And to underline: The maintenance period will affect the Galaxy app Store, not the company's Galaxy device e-shop. Prospective Galaxy device buyers will still have the possibility to order Samsung products on August 22 if they want. But they won't be able to properly set up their new devices with the latest app updates until the maintenance work completes.