It’s too early to be sure of what exactly Samsung’s next Galaxy S23 flagship phone series will offer, but market watchers continue to speculate. And as you probably know, multiple reports have suggested that the Galaxy S23 will use a Snapdragon chipset worldwide. Now, however, another rumor says that the Galaxy S23 lineup may still use an Exynos chipset in some markets and a Snapdragon solution in others.
Just because the Exynos 2200 may have been underwhelming doesn’t mean Samsung’s chipset division has given up, and there are plenty of signs to suggest that Samsung is now developing the Exynos 2300 chipset. Market watchers speculated that Samsung might want to sell its next-gen SoC to clients from China, while its mobile division would use Qualcomm’s solution exclusively.
However, according to a new rumor, the Galaxy S23 could adopt the Exynos 2300 SoC in some markets. Even so, the ratio between Snapdragon and Exynos-powered flagships next year should differ compared to the Galaxy S22 lineup.
Snapdragon should power more than 70% of Galaxy S23 units
70% of Galaxy S22 models shipped worldwide are powered by Qualcomm’s chipset, while the remaining 30% rely on Exynos. Next year, this ratio could lean a lot more toward Qualcomm.
Even if the Galaxy S23 will use the Exynos 2300 chipset, it will likely do so in fewer markets than before. Qualcomm’s CEO confirmed the 70-30% ratio between Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 and Exynos 2200 Galaxy S22 models earlier this year. But more importantly, he confirmed that Qualcomm’s chipset should get a bigger Galaxy S23 share.
Time will tell if this is the case, but as far as the Exynos 2300 is concerned, it could use ARM’s new CPU cores designed for 2023 Android devices, including the Cortex-X3, Cortex-A715, and refreshed Cortex-A510 cores. The SoC will likely continue using AMD’s next-gen graphics solution, but details are lacking.
Assuming this is true, and if history repeats itself, it’s possible that customers in Europe will get the Exynos 2300 chipset inside the Galaxy S23 while most of the world will get the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2. We’ll keep you posted if we find out more.