Last month, Samsung rolled out two firmware updates for the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro in South Korea. One seemed like a routine release, but the other introduced new advanced features for Ambient Sound. Now, those features appear to have gone live in more regions, including Europe.
Samsung has just released the R510XXU0AWF4 firmware for the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro in the Netherlands and possibly other European countries. The official changelog reads as follows:
- A new feature has been added to the Labs menu
- Added “Sharpen call sound,” which is useful in noisy places
- Added “Extra-high ambient volume” for “Hearing enhancements”
- When activated, the “Ambient Sound level” changes from step 3 to step 5
- Stability and reliability. The stability has been improved
In case Samsung's changelog isn't very clear, the Ambient Sound volume sliders now have five levels instead of three, offering more granular control over the feature. This change was first announced in May on Global Accessibility Awareness Day.
Samsung tested its efficacy in a clinical trial with the help of the University of Iowa’s Hearing Aid and Aging Research Laboratory. Tests showed that the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro can improve speech perception in users with mild-to-moderate hearing loss.
If you want to grab the recent update in regions where it is available, open the Galaxy Wearable app on your connected smartphone, select your earbuds, go to “Earbuds settings,” then scroll down to and tap “Earbuds software update.”