[Poll Results!] That Galaxy S10+’ dual front camera cutout: Yay or nay?
It’s a certainty at this point that the Galaxy S10 will come with Samsung’s Infinity-O display, with a cutout at the top-right of the screen for the front camera. The Galaxy S10+, thanks to a dual front camera setup, will have a wider cutout than the 5.8-inch and 6.1-inch Galaxy S10s. The Plus models of Samsung’s flagship phones have always been the one to get, and the S10+ will certainly make a case for itself with features like a 4,000 mAh battery and the aforementioned dual front camera setup.
But while the S10+ will have the most to offer, that wider screen cutout is probably going to turn off a lot of prospective buyers, especially if the real thing is like what we see in the plethora of leaked renders. Most of us at SamMobile have taken issue with the S10+’ cutout, as there’s just something wrong about how the status bar icons next to the cutout have been pushed so much to the left. It just looks a bit off, and we’re sure many of our readers will agree with us on that front. Others, of course, will probably think it looks fine.
And we want to know exactly which camp our readers fall in. Is that dual cutout okay in your eyes, or is it something that sticks out like the proverbial sore thumb? Go ahead and vote in the poll, then take to the comments section to tell us more of your thoughts!
Results: It seems the cutout isn’t as off-putting as we thought. 36 percent voters say they think it looks okay. 27 percent of voters don’t like it and, of course, the sensible ones (18 percent voters) will be waiting to see the phone in person before coming to a conclusion, which is always the best thing to do. Votes are divided at 8 percent each for those who would skip the S10 if it has any notch whatsoever and those who think it would have been just better to go with a center notch like the iPhone. 3 percent of voters say they don’t care either way, and hey, that might be the best attitude to have since the notch isn’t going anywhere in the foreseeable future.
- I think it looks okay 36%, 808 votes808 votes 36%808 votes - 36% of all votes
- I don't like it 27%, 615 votes615 votes 27%615 votes - 27% of all votes
- I wouldn't comment before seeing the phone in person 18%, 412 votes412 votes 18%412 votes - 18% of all votes
- Skipping the S10 if it has any sort of notch 8%, 188 votes188 votes 8%188 votes - 8% of all votes
- Better to just have a center notch like the iPhone X 8%, 179 votes179 votes 8%179 votes - 8% of all votes
- I couldn't care either way 3%, 65 votes65 votes 3%65 votes - 3% of all votes