Samsung Email surpasses 100 million downloads on the Play Store

Home / News / Samsung Email surpasses 100 million downloads on the Play Store

Samsung’s in-house Email application has surpassed an eye-watering 100 million downloads on the Play Store, making it one of the most-used mobile clients in the entire world – but that doesn’t mean people actually use it.

Samsung Email actually comes pre-installed on all of the firm’s smartphones, so there’s a (good) chance the number recorded consists of devices fetching updates for the application. There’s nothing to say it’s ever been opened.

I’m an avid Email user – are you?

Truth be told, I’m an avid Email user – and that’s because it supports the three main protocols: Exchange, IMAP and POP3. Yes, you can technically add them all to Gmail, though the process is a lot simpler with Samsung’s offering.

Do you use Samsung’s Email application on your Galaxy-branded smartphone? Or have you opted for a fully-loaded third-party client? Be sure to let us know over on Facebook or Twitter –or in the dedicated comments section.

APK 10

Celso09
1 month 16 hours ago
Celso09

Samsung Email, which is basically a custom AOSP Email, as well as the apps of other OEMs.
And I do not believe in this 100-million-download story if you’re trying to get the idea that this amount is spontaneous. Knowing that only Galaxy devices from Android Nougat have access to the latest version by the store, certainly those downloads relate to the fact that the Google Play Store recognize them installed on the device, and the times in which they are updated.

Anthony17
1 month 7 days ago
Anthony17

I like it, is my favorite email app.

jpd514
1 month 7 days ago
jpd514

I use Samsung Focus. Gmail is disabled on my Note 8 and and I don’t use Samsung Email

travistyofjustice
1 month 7 days ago
travistyofjustice

I’ve used most of the email clients out there and I prefer the Samsung mail client. It makes it easy to navigate multiple email accounts and other than the ability to change account colors it has every feature I need.

Gitsov
1 month 7 days ago
Gitsov

Just because this garbage can’t be disabled and it is published on Play store…

Abhijeet
1 month 7 days ago
Abhijeet

On 2017 phones like the S8 and Note 8 you can actually uninstall this and Samsung Internet. But yes, not so on older devices.

Leni26de
1 month 7 days ago
Leni26de

[email protected] Mail Pro User!

1 month 7 days ago
mtbrown262626

I use inbox by gmail it looks good easy to use and clean but Samsung email is not bad.

Khlad
1 month 8 days ago
Khlad

After the latest 2 updates its much better, it load old emails much faster. I like it.

martindale
1 month 8 days ago
martindale

I love the Samsung Email app. I’m stuck with the version on my Note 4, the latest offerings need Nougat. Even so, it is clean and simple without being simplistic. And I like knowing that my emails go nowhere near Google.