SamMobile is looking for two new authors, come be a part of the team!
The team here at SamMobile is committed to bringing the latest updates on everything related to Samsung’s mobile devices, and to further improve what we do, we are looking to hire two writers who can contribute on a daily basis. If you like and use Samsung devices and have the writing skills that we are looking for then, by all means, take advantage of this opportunity to be a part of the largest (and most accurate) source of Samsung news, leaks and rumors online.
We are looking for one author/writer for coverage in the 10 AM to 4 PM (Netherlands time) slot and one in the 4 PM to 10 PM (Netherlands time) slot. This is a paid position and kind of a mix between a full-time and part-time job as we would require the author to contribute for up to six hours in a day and expect them to consider themselves a part of the team. This isn’t a “write the necessary number of articles, then go offline” kind of gig.
While the time slots are for European timings, we don’t have a limitation on the author’s country of residence as long as he/she can work in the required slot. We would prefer writers from Europe (not including the UK, where we already have one member of our team), but again, it’s not necessary as long as you’re able to get the job done and meet our requirements for the quality of work. We also have no problem with someone writing for another blog, as long as you’re able to dedicate the required time at SamMobile.
Candidates have to meet the following requirements:
- It goes without saying that you need to have a good command of the English language. This can’t be stressed enough. The occasional error can be accepted, but if you don’t have basic grammar skills that can be expected from a writer, it’s best if you don’t apply.
- You must be passionate about Samsung devices and writing articles. You should be aware of what’s going on as far as Samsung and its devices are concerned. Of course, you should also be following up on the mobile/technology segment in general so you know how things compare/stand in the industry.
- You must be a Samsung smartphone user.
- You must have enough free time to contribute 3-5 articles each day. It’s not a requirement we will enforce just for the sake of it, but we expect you to be available in your time slot as much as you can.
- The job will include writing news stories as well as features and reviews from time to time (with the pay differing for each kind of post). Weekends are not mandatory
- If you have prior experience writing for any technology website, preferably mobile-related, it will work in your favor, but it’s not a requirement.
- WordPress knowledge. Also not a requirement, but if you’re savvy with computers and technology in general, WordPress is easy as pie to learn.
- A feature article on the features rumored for the Galaxy S9. Try to make it an interesting article and not just one that simply lists out all rumors in a matter-of-fact manner.
- A regular news article based on this post, in your own words: Rumor: Galaxy A 2018 series smartphones could launch with these colors.
If you can take a look at a few of SamMobile’s news articles and write your own article in a similar way, even better. We don’t require a huge post; anything over 200 words will suffice.
- Name of the Samsung device you’re currently using.
- Links to the articles you may have written on other websites, if any.
Update: We’ll be getting back to everyone as soon as possible, but kindly allow us till the end of next week (December 15) to check everything before we respond to each and everyone who applies.