Our good friends over at Galaxy Club have obtained information pertaining to the official protective cases that will launch alongside the upcoming Galaxy S9—and they include everything from a Clear View Cover to an all-new Hyperknit Cover.
Here's the full list:
- Alcantara Cover EF-XG960A / EF-XG965A – black, blue, mint, red
- Clear View Cover EF-ZG960C / EF-ZG965C – blue, gold, purple
- LED Flip Wallet EF-NG960P / EF-NG965P – purple
- Hyperknit Cover EF-GG960F / EF-GG965F – red, gray
- Protective Standing Cover EF-RG960C / EF-RG965C – black, silver
- Silicon Cover EF-PG960T / EF-PG965T – blue, gray, pink
Most of those debuted with the Galaxy S8, so they should sound fairly familiar. The only exception, however, is the Hyperknit Cover. We aren't sure what to expect, but its moniker suggests it's a high-end protective case with a knitted back.
The Galaxy S9—and Galaxy S9+, for that matter—are expected to sport a 5.8-inch and 6.2-inch Infinity Display, respectively, a Snapdragon 845 processor and a pressure-sensitive Home button. They should also ship running Android 8.0 Oreo.
Samsung's working on a new DeX docking station
On the topic of accessories, Samsung's said to be working on a backward-compatible DeX docking station that lets you use the handset’s screen as a means of input when it’s laying flat, eliminating the need to carry a mouse and keyboard.