Home / News / [Poll Results!] Should the Galaxy S9 design be similar to the Galaxy S8 or iPhone X?
Should the Galaxy S9 design be similar to the Galaxy S8 or iPhone X?
  • The Galaxy S8! Samsung should stick with this great design 39%, 1779 votes
    1779 votes 39%
    1779 votes - 39% of all votes
  • The Galaxy S8! Samsung should stick with this great design 39%, 1779 votes
    1779 votes 39%
    1779 votes - 39% of all votes
  • I think a Mi Mix-like design would work best 7%, 328 votes
    328 votes 7%
    328 votes - 7% of all votes
  • I think a Mi Mix-like design would work best 7%, 328 votes
    328 votes 7%
    328 votes - 7% of all votes
  • The iPhone X, notch and all, if it moves the fingerprint sensor back 4%, 202 votes
    202 votes 4%
    202 votes - 4% of all votes
    202 votes 4%
    202 votes - 4% of all votes
Total Votes: 4618
6 November 2017
Voting is closed

There have been a lot of rumors and reports about the Galaxy S9 design recently. It’s unclear if Samsung is going to make major or minor changes to the design of its next flagship smartphone. If changes are to be made, perhaps some of you might like if the company took inspiration from some existing devices.

Galaxy S9 Design

Would you prefer the Galaxy S9 design to be similar to the Galaxy S8? That would involve minimal bezels and possibly a fingerprint sensor at the back.

Perhaps you’d prefer a notch like the iPhone X for a front-facing fingerprint sensor? Most of you said in a recent poll that you’d not prefer it.

The Xiaomi Mi Mix has also been part of this whole bezel-less trend with its super slim bezels. Some Samsung fans might want to see that on the Galaxy S9.

Vote below and let us know what you prefer. Discuss why you think a particular Galaxy S9 design change should be implemented by Samsung in the comments section.

Results: Unsurprisingly, 77 percent of our readers think Samsung should stick with the Galaxy S8 design. 14 percent are open to a design like the Xiaomi Mi Mix while only 9 percent feel that it should be like the iPhone X.

Polls 37

Willywise
2 months 10 days ago
Willywise

4 me, i want the note9 specifically to go completely bezeless. That is to say an all-screen front display with the normal cuvred edges, and everything in the front go on-screen including fingerprint sensor, camera and all other front based Sensors…

2 months 15 days ago
145621796

if u want flat screen phone.. go to other brands.. it’s easy..

gtone339
2 months 15 days ago
gtone339

S9 is S8 with refined features.

2 months 15 days ago
RintaroOkabe9

I don’t want an iPhone clone. And please. We need the headphone jack. The galaxy s8 is small enough to be held in my hand but iPhone X is not. That tells a lot and you know why LG g6 isn’t good enough.

strazzi
strazzi

The ones that want flat screen and all other desine feachers of ip x buy g6 or some other flat screen phone and don’t ruen the s searies for all other people.

Lukasz1536
Lukasz1536

My friend bought iPhone X. This phone looks good except notch and bumping camera. I like a lot the flat screen. I wish to see flat display and white back in new Samsung.
Big NO for any notches. This looks horrible.

Btw. We made our own speed test. My S8 was a bit faster with app like a Gallery, FB, message, gmail, but much slower with launching games.

I am thinking now about Note 8. I love designe of this phone but it is a bit to big for me.

2 months 15 days ago
145621796

if u thinking Note 8 is big, think again.. although I have dwarf hand, it feels so small for me compared to regular 16:9 5.5in phones

strazzi
strazzi

So except front and back it look nice a? 😂😂😂😂It shows that Jobs is gone. RIP

strazzi
strazzi

If they adopt iphone x desine i wont buy s9. Iphone x desine looks patetic. I gues the ones that like it didn’t see it in person. Horible. And the camera sticking out. Don’t be fools. This is first iphone that looks bad and s8 it the first samsung that looks perfect.

o0MHJ0o
o0MHJ0o

I think the S8s and Note8 are bezeless enough! No need to make it smaller, they just need a wider colour option worldwide! waiting TOO long for a RED GALAXY! and the top bezel to house even more sensors! lol

HossamAlMasri
HossamAlMasri

if Samsung designed the S9 similar to the iPhone X but without the notch , that would be great . no need for the edge curves it makes the phone more fragile

HossamAlMasri
HossamAlMasri

in short , i would love to see the S8 Active design with no bezels on the sides and the bottom only a small bezel on the top to house the sensors / camera /speaker .. would be a gorgeous phone for me

martindale
martindale

Honestly, the bezels on my Note 4 are small enough. The side bezels seem no wider that the current trend, the bottom bezel is only just big enough to house the home and capacitive buttons – which I love. Maybe the top bezel could be slimmed down a bit, lose the Samsung logo and let the design speak for itslef. As to wrapping the screen over the edges, no thanks. Keep it flat!

145621796

Only cross-eyed love awfully ugly Mi Mix design XD

Biransahin
Biransahin

Taking the iPhone design would be like changing a Ferrari into a Ford Fiesta…no chance. I reckon Apple won’t keep that notch after the X “s” version comes out in 2018.

o0MHJ0o
o0MHJ0o

Rumours are already circling that they’re ditching the “notch” design for the iPhone XI/X2/9 next year

sakshamgami
sakshamgami

lesser bezels and a redesigned back would be great !

145621796

No need to change the beautiful symmetry design like S8.. everything is perfect for me 😉