Verizon’s Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge update brings bug fixes and August security patch
Verizon has mentioned on its support pages for the Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 edge that it has released a new software update to the phones. The update brings improved voice recognition for OK Google and S Voice, regular bug fixes, improvements to Wi-Fi calling, and August 2017 security patch. There are some improvements for corporate owners as well.
The firmware version for the Galaxy S7 is NRD90M.G930VVRU4BQH4 and the firmware version for the Galaxy S7 edge is NRD90M.G935VVRU4BQH4. The update also brings an option to Android for Work users to prevent file transfers via the USB port, voice mail speed dialing and notifications within the Knox container, improvements to One Talk voice call performance in Power Saving Maximum mode.
The software update doesn’t seem to bring a fix for the BlueBorne security vulnerability, though. The update has been rolled out over the air for Verizon’s Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, so you can check for the update right away if you have any of these phones. Here’s the complete changelog from Verizon’s website.
Official Verizon Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge update changelog
Android® Security Patch Level: 2017–08-01
Improved Wi-Fi call performance
Prevent Wi-Fi voice call drops.
Improved voice recognition
- Improved “OK Google” command detection when using the power saving modes.
- Samsung S Voice app performance improvements.
Additional fixes and improvements
- Fixes an issue preventing contact name from displaying during incoming voice calls.
- Fixes an issue that could cause Mobile Hotspot to not turn on when enabled from the notification (quick settings) panel.
- Provides a notification panel option to delay app updates.
Improvements for corporate owners
- Android for Work (AFW) users can now prevent file transfers via the USB port.
- Voice mail speed dialing and notifications are now available within the Knox container.
- Resolves an issue that was causing Knox license activation to fail under certain scenarios.
One TalkSM voice calling
Improvements to One Talk voice call performance when Power Saving setting is set to maximum.