Check out a few Galaxy Note 8 Live Focus camera samples

Home / News / Check out a few Galaxy Note 8 Live Focus camera samples

The Galaxy Note 8 is Samsung’s first smartphone with a dual camera. It happens to be one of the Galaxy Note 8’s biggest selling points. There’s a lot that you can do with a dual camera system. For example, you can add DSLR-like bokeh effects to your photos through Samsung’s Live Focus feature, and change the amount of background blur even after taking a picture.

For the most part, Live Focus works well, although it can be finicky when the lighting isn’t right or when the subject isn’t at the right distance (Live Focus requires the subject to be at least 1.2 meters away). Portrait photos of people is where it works best. Our review of the Galaxy Note 8 will offer detailed information on the phone’s camera, but for those wondering how the Note 8 does at capturing those bokeh images with its dual camera, we’ve put together a few samples.

You will notice how there can be discrepancies even in photos where Live Focus has done a good job, and how the bokeh effect isn’t as heavy as what you would see on, say, photos captured by the iPhone 7 Plus. We will let you be the judge, so go ahead and check out the samples below and let us know what you think!

Check out a few Galaxy Note 8 Live Focus camera samples

Check out a few Galaxy Note 8 Live Focus camera samples

Check out a few Galaxy Note 8 Live Focus camera samples

Phones 18

dineshdotcom2000
21 days 22 hours ago
dineshdotcom2000

I have got Note 8 on 21 Sept india. While going through camera i found out that Selective Focus option is missing in camera. Is there any to get it. Live Focus does not make blur front and focus on back. Please reply.

maccyb
27 days 29 minutes ago
maccyb
I’m finding Live Focus to be absolutely fantastic. I took some pics yesterday and man, it was incredible. I’ma bit of a photo buff and have both Canon and Nikon DSLRs and while the Note8 doesn’t quite match them in general, in some pics it’s even better. I’m constantly amazed what I can do with this camera. Pro mode is top class. I know most people are point and shoot photographers but if you take the time to experiment with and learn to use pro mode you will be richly rewarded with great photos particularly at night. Auto mode is… Read more »
tommybayshore
27 days 15 hours ago
tommybayshore

when taking photos in low light (at night) my images look auto brightened and washed out, my S8+ handled low light much better, very frustrated.

maccyb
27 days 23 minutes ago
maccyb
I’m surprised, I was just extolling the virtues of my Note8 camera above and I read your comment. Maybe you need an update. I just picked up my phone a couple of days ago (I’m on the Exynos version) and I got a 400mb update mostly for camera improvements. I didn’t take any pics before the update so I don’t know what it was like before. Hopefully an update wıll solve your problem but for the moment , if you like night shots , open pro mode and set your ISO to 160, just do that and you should see… Read more »
Peschiera
27 days 20 hours ago
Peschiera

Abhijeet, as Sammobile probable have an S8+ besides the Note8, it would be great to compare the Bokeh effect of the Live Focus from Note8 vs. that of the Selective Focus of S8+.
I believe that besides the possibility to change the grade of the effect afterwards, the Selective Focus does already a great job.
You could also check the Selfie Bokeh Effect on Note8 (Selective Focus).

focr06
1 month 14 hours ago
focr06

Question.. Am I the only having issues with this feature? All the pics I take are over exposed? If used in low light looks dark and grainy.. Even indoors! 😢 none live focus is fine 😢

maccyb
27 days 17 minutes ago
maccyb

See my comment above, it might help. Don’t expect any any advice from these Sammobile people , they don’t know anything about the products they’re talking about. Seriously, they have no clue. You will see a fix to the problem in my post above until the update to the camera arrives. I guarantee very nice night shots..:)

Petsiotis Dimitris
1 month 12 hours ago
Petsiotis Dimitris

You may have entered the Pro mode in the camera app and you accidentally changed the exposure settings. Return to the Auto Mode.
If this is not the case, try a different camera. If failure persists, then you have a problematic unit.

gsdworld21