[Poll Results!] What’s your main reason for not buying the Galaxy Note 8?

Home / News / [Poll Results!] What’s your main reason for not buying the Galaxy Note 8?

Samsung has officially released the Galaxy Note 8 in 42 countries across the globe. The new flagship will also be released in additional markets down the road. The Galaxy Note 8 has been well received. Samsung has said that it has broken pre-order records for the phablet lineup.

Clearly, there are a lot of people willing to buy the Galaxy Note 8. The question is, what’s the reason you’ve decided not to? Many would think you’re mistaken not to. It is one of the best Android smartphones on the market right now after all.

Is it because you think it’s too expensive or you want to wait and see what new technologies Samsung introduces with the Galaxy S9 before making a decision?

Vote below and discuss your reasons with us in the comments section below.

Results: Unsurprisingly, 50 percent of those who voted say that they feel the Galaxy Note 8 is too expensive. 30 percent won’t upgrade from the Galaxy S8 because they don’t think it’s necessary. 15 percent said they are holding out for the Galaxy S9 while only 5 percent said that they don’t like the Galaxy Note 8.

What's your main reason for not buying the Galaxy Note 8?

• It's too expensive (50%, 1,576 Votes)
  • I don't feel the need to upgrade from my Galaxy S8/S8+ (30%, 967 Votes)
  • I'm holding out for the Galaxy S9 (15%, 474 Votes)
  • I don't like the Galaxy Note 8 (5%, 164 Votes)

Total Voters: 3,181

Loading ... Loading ...

Polls 42

ehab78
13 days 5 hours ago
ehab78

Battery life and no 128 or 256GB variant for my region, if I had at least 128GB I may sacrifice the battery…will hold up with my Note 4 till further notice

tailgunner9
16 days 18 hours ago
tailgunner9

Too Much Money!!!

kavalier
1 month 8 hours ago
kavalier

They piss me off! Constantly releasing new “varients” to keep sucking in the money flow. I am interested in an unlocked, blue, 256gb in the USA, otherwise, Iphone X does have a release date and availability. The “foldable” phone is also around the corner.

broekhuijsen
1 month 5 days ago
broekhuijsen

A premium price, show update cycles and a bad service refusing to service a phone because of a broken screen, a burst I didn’t cause and never noticed before.

Samsung is hiding behind small print.

The last Samsung product I’ve bought (s7 edge) three of them actually.

Charching 250 euro to replace the screen is outrageous.

EugeneOnTheEdge
1 month 5 days ago
EugeneOnTheEdge
To me, FPS placement is just a deal breaker. Yeah I know there’s the Iris scanner, but I’d still prefer to wait for the next Note (or two) which will embed the FPS under the display. Seriously, if the FPS (and money) do not bother you, consider yourself getting one. It’s a heavy phone, I gotta be real honest; but it’s got 6GB of RAM which holds up to heavy background-multitasking, the first (not counting the Note7 / FE) Note to have IP68, the 2x optical zoom with the Live Focus effect (which allows you to blur the image even… Read more »
Kinkytestikle
1 month 5 days ago
Kinkytestikle

Just bought one. Battery is not good, the SOT is bad, really bad. Why they dont make them with replaceable batterys is beyond me. I’m not liking the curved screen either, wider flat screens are better for notes. It may be returned very soon.

stondec
1 month 4 days ago
stondec

I agree with you. The battery life sucks

Master.Of.Mischief
1 month 6 days ago
Master.Of.Mischief
I wasn’t going to buy it but then I folded and ended up ordering one. I’ve owned the Note, Note 3, Note 4 and Note 7. I had the Note 4 up until a few months ago when the memory failed and they couldn’t replace it under warranty. I got a refund for the total price I paid for it (was about £529) and kept it aside as I sort of knew after the Note 7 they were going to hopefully come back with something that is special (to some more than others). I had already taken out a new… Read more »
jamiebinbaker
1 month 6 days ago
jamiebinbaker

Need a different range of processor…

superg05
1 month 6 days ago
superg05

i have two

sirrah777
1 month 6 days ago
sirrah777

I want silver color.

gsdworld21
1 month 6 days ago
gsdworld21

Got mine yesterday. Beautiful phone. I thought the fingerprint sensor would be a problem but it’s actually easy to use. Alot heavier than previous notes. Software is very familiar coming from the S7 Edge. I didn’t think a note could improve on the note7 but this certainly has. If you are able to buy one I’d recommend it

warlockba
warlockba
Because I’m not willing to pay way more money for less features I got 3 years ago. Form over function … not for me, no thanks. And with integrated planned obsolence … noway I’m going near a Samsung high end phone in the near future. For me, the high price is not the breaking point itself, but what I get for that money. The day Samsung will start producing durable and usefull devices again, I’ll be the first to shout “take my money already”; been with them since Nexus S – up until they went the flashy useless way S6… Read more »
FritzPinguin
FritzPinguin

I don’t feel to upgrade, because I am still happy with my S5.

punitverma2010
punitverma2010

I don’t have that much money that’s why. I don’t care if it’s too expensive or not.

martindale
martindale

It seems to have put form before function. The bent screen is the prime example: who likes to curl down the edges of the page they are reading or writing on? Etc. Other than the improved camera and IP68, the rest of it is a backwards step from my Note 4. I could not be less excited.

grover517
grover517
The Note for me has morphed into nothing more than a mid year refresh of the S line at a ridiculous price point. The Note has not only tripled in price in the past 3 iterations, but It is now yet another device that cares more about bragging rights and showing off features and functions that the vast majority of buyers will never use or need. Rather than being happy as a unique, reliable, durable, and flexible device that made everyday use a breeze, Samsung has chosen to turn it into nothing more than expensive “hand candy” that must be… Read more »
Simone Scalas

I would like to buy a note 8 but I don’t like the unlock system on the back… I mean is not natural to have a finger printer sensor in that position.

abdking
abdking

i havent enough money and if i have i cant preorder it because im in iran😑
and another reason is fast progress of technology that force ordinary peoples to keep theirs smartphones like me for 2or3or… years and upgrade that after couple years

eHoolie
eHoolie

Stuck with an S7 Edge I didn’t want because they took away my Note7. Verizon and Samsung are forcing me to payoff my installment with the S7E to get back in Note device. Very unfair.

RaSeven
RaSeven

Same here. I was happy Note 7 owner, but not too long… I felt a step back with S7E after N7, but as I told earlier, I’ll wait for the next Note for some reasons.

Horus Osiris

It’s too expensive, launched today in my country for 1100 euros bro, for that money you can get a brutal gaming laptop, this is luaghable

krumbs
krumbs

If the S8+ example is anything to go by, Samsung will soon release a Note 8 128GB version, and that too will come with the same freebies offered now! If you, like me, abhor a hybrid SIM tray and want to use two SIMs AND a MicroSD card simultaneously (especially for VR content), the next best option is to buy a Note 8 with 128GB internal memory and let go of the SD card. Currently, I have a S8+ with an ugly SIM adapter hanging out for the second SIM.

RoadRunner99
1 month 8 days ago
RoadRunner99

I just don’t like it: crappy curved display, too tall, fingerprint on the back, fragile slippery glass design (though this is the norm these days because consumers have been told that’s what premium means)

It’s also stupidly expensive. But this is also the new normal.

Shenoysiddhant
Shenoysiddhant

U forgot no stereo speakers

Zanr Zij
1 month 8 days ago
Zanr Zij

I don’t like it: too tall come with inconvenient fingerprint design. It’s also too expensive! iPhone X will beat it completely at almost same price! Only S Pen is an advantage!

aroutis

True story… Note and iPhone x do not compete in same categories.

o0MHJ0o
o0MHJ0o
beat it how? the X has bigger bezel and dimmer display. NO fingerprint scanner, and slow wireless charging. weaker water resistance and a bigger price tag. iOS is faster in terms of operations, but the difference is seconds in real world performance, and who needs to swap between apps fast when you can open two at once. and have up to 4 in pop up windows. S Pen sends Samsung’s convenience and features score through the roof. because if you don’t like fingerprint scanner you can unlock using your signature and many other methods to unlock your phone; and the… Read more »
Shenoysiddhant
Shenoysiddhant

Most of the test’s done regarding the durability in water shows that the iPhone stands out in water resistance even though it has an ip67 as compared to s7 or s8 which has ip68 and also can be taken even deeper even though it isn’t rated that much

auctyvance