Samsung Pay launch in France might take place soon

Samsung has expanded its mobile payments service to a handful of new countries this year. Samsung Pay was released in Sweden, Hong Kong, Switzerland, and the United Arab Emirates earlier this year. It was also reported a few months back that Samsung Pay might be launched in France in September.

It was reported that Samsung Pay would be launched for users in France come September 2017. The company apparently wanted to launch the payments service in the country with a new smartphone. Samsung is going to release the Galaxy Note 8 in a couple of days so it would make sense for it to launch Samsung Pay in France now.

According to a new report out of France, the Samsung Pay app has arrived for compatible handsets in the country but it’s not yet functional. We’ve seen this happen in other markets as well where Samsung Pay is due to be launched soon.

Samsung and its bank partners will soon enable support for the service which will enable those who have a Samsung Pay-compatible device to start making payments on the go with the company’s mobile payments service.

The Galaxy Note 8 is due to be released on September 15. We can expect Samsung Pay to launch in France by then.

Via

Samsung Pay 7

Master.Of.Mischief
2 days 23 hours ago
Master.Of.Mischief

I use Barclays in the UK and for some strange reason, they’ve opted to use their own software instead of the SamsungPay like other banks/building societies have joined. I’m sure they have their reasons but logging into the app takes longer than me taking out my wallet and using the contactess point on my debit card.

deardevil
6 days 16 hours ago
deardevil

not in Portugal for the moment,i heard it could arrive to Portugal with Galaxy S18 lolol

thibaly
7 days 34 minutes ago
thibaly

Yess ! i’m waiting it !!

ProdByEchelon
7 days 1 hour ago
ProdByEchelon

And South Africa too which I told you guys about 2 weeks ago but you didn’t bother posting about it because Sammobile

Martin R.
6 days 23 hours ago
Martin R.

Hey, could you email me the detail at mr@sammobile.com? I think we missed your tip. Sorry for that!

o0MHJ0o
7 days 2 hours ago
o0MHJ0o

I like how you still mention the Note7 debacle, but just brush over the fact that Samsung lied to the UK about Samsung Pay, such a monumental LIE. it arrived way past the YEAR they promised and was delivered to us half baked and not even in partnership with major banks. No matter how great a Galaxy is, it’ll always be a disappointment and reminder just how much Samsung cares about UK customers.

Master.Of.Mischief
2 days 23 hours ago
Master.Of.Mischief

I don’t think this has anything to do with Samsung. Banks like Barclays use their own program for contactless payments so therefore don’t need the use of SamsungPay.

wpDiscuz