[Poll Results!] Are you happy with the price of the Galaxy Note 8?

Home / News / [Poll Results!] Are you happy with the price of the Galaxy Note 8?
Are you happy with the price of the Galaxy Note 8?
  • It’s way too high 39%, 2042 votes
  • Can't really decide at this point 5%, 254 votes
    254 votes 5%
    254 votes - 5% of all votes
Total Votes: 5302
29 August 2017
Voting is closed

Whatever way you slice it, the Galaxy Note 8 is an expensive smartphone. In fact, it’s the priciest handset Samsung has ever released—and we’d be lying if we said that hasn’t scared off a fair few customers. However, the company is doing all it can—by offering former Galaxy Note 7 owners a discount, for example—to put the premium-priced device in the hands of more consumers.

It’s impossible to tell whether its efforts are paying off at this precise moment in time, but that doesn’t mean we can’t find out whether potential customers are happy with the price of the Galaxy Note 8. To find out, we’ve put together a poll, which you can cast a vote in below. You can also expand on your response in the comments section at the bottom of the page.

Poll Results: The majority (77%) of voters think the Galaxy Note 8 is priced way too high, while 13% don’t mind paying the premium price tag and 10% can’t really decide.

Polls 20

Crazy Johnny
7 months 23 days ago
Crazy Johnny
I preordered on day 1, but for the price we should get more. There should be more separation between the S Series, like better processor and bigger battery. I just received one of my Note 8 cases in the mail and I compared it to a Note 7 case I still have from last year. Not only is the Note 8 taller, but it’s also wider than the Note 7. So why does it have a smaller battery? If the Note 8 is that much bigger, then why isn’t there enough room to at least match that of the S8+?… Read more »
krumbs
7 months 22 days ago
krumbs

I am waiting for an iFixit teardown to see how much space that dual camera setup takes. Perhaps that will explain the smaller battery?

Pirate-X
Pirate-X

I’ve been waiting since the note 3 to change. N4 not that impressive. No N5 in Europe, no N6, too hot N7. And now the N8 uses a 1 year old pen, 6 months old cpu and screen, and costs more thant a thousand euros WHAAATTT ? I’m both enthousiast and disapointed. I still don’t know if I’ll buy it or not…

7 months 22 days ago
Horus Osiris

I will buy S8+ instead

stondec
stondec

Way too expensive, but I’m so desperate for a new Note (people who don’t really take advantage of the S Pen won’t understand) that I’ve already preordered 3 for family and me.

elia99
elia99

My concern is not the price but the fact that Samsung gave en exclusivity for the blue color…
Like if we were changing for orange just to get the blue color 🙁

Forys82
Forys82

Fully agree with you!

naranova7
naranova7

The Note 8 is mostly an S8+ with an S pen. Given that it’s hardware is 6 months old, it really has no reason to be even more expensive than the S8 series at launch. Especially given that it will be receiving all the updates as the S8 series do, so it’s basically 6 months of lost time for those who buy it. It would have made some sense if it was launched at the same time as the S8 series, but not now.

Forys82
Forys82

I regret that times when Note series was different from S series have passed. Nowdays only S Pen makes the difference – dual camera will probably be present in next S series smartphone so I am not counting it at all.

naranova7
7 months 23 days ago
naranova7

True. They should either release them all together, or make some noticeable upgrades on the note phones at launch.

nkolsen
nkolsen

It’s way too high, and still I have pre ordered it ?

Osensnolf
Osensnolf

I get the Note 7/trade-in discount so I went ahead and ordered my Note 8.

Forys82
Forys82

Some people didn’t have a chance to buy Note 5 or 7 and stick to their Note 4’s. ..but we do not have any discount for that – sadly…

Bx15k0
7 months 23 days ago
Bx15k0

you can try to send samsung shop an email, that you want to receive the newsletter if you get the 15% coupon code for the shop. for me it worked. two different samsung persons mean, the discount-code is not only for ex-note 7 users, it’s for everyone who asks for it.

Osensnolf
Osensnolf

I still have and use my Note 7 daily. With I could get the same blue in Note 8.

kempsterx5
kempsterx5

Well the BestBuy $150.00 certainly is making it a little easier so that’s the route I’m going

Turbotomate
Turbotomate

It’s not the price that is the problem. It’s the phone itself. Bad fingerprint position, bad battery, Bad form factor, no inventions at all.

flyer.michael
flyer.michael
For lousy 64GB 64GB Version only – is a damn bad joke SD Card is worth nothing. Who uses this anyways in times of cloud – for other things than pictures videos you can’t use it anyways. I’m waiting for at least the 128GB Version. If the iPhone 8 hast Apple Pencil support I’m gone. Or will get the S8 for Gear VR Ever tried watching videos in the upday app or other news apps? Pain in the #ass Even in the Samsung browser iOS just works better and faster in that area Camera is abysmal on the other hand.… Read more »
o0MHJ0o
o0MHJ0o

Don’t forget about the display, Samsung SAMOLED panels cannot be beat and since the screen is the essential part of a smartphone, Samsung will always have my vote. I have tried other OEMs but they can’t beat super AMOLED display.

o0MHJ0o
o0MHJ0o

No faster charging, smaller battery, no stereo speakers and still no 1080p slow motion video. Just glad they kept the headphone jack. hopefully the S9/Note 9 will be a worthy upgrade. because the S8s are still winning at the moment.