Is Samsung preparing Bixby Voice for a global launch?

Home / News / Is Samsung preparing Bixby Voice for a global launch?

Bixby Voice, Samsung’s new voice assistant, was initially released in South Korea with support for the Korean language. After making users in the US wait for a couple of months, Bixby Voice was released for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ in the country last month. The US is the only market where Bixby Voice has been launched with support for the English language.

That being said, there are still millions of Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ owners across the globe that have yet to get their hands on this feature. They don’t particularly appreciate that a smartphone which costs nearly $900 still doesn’t let them use one of its biggest selling points.

So is Samsung preparing Bixby Voice for a global launch? The company hasn’t confirmed anything so far, however, an interesting observation has been made. Samsung has updated its official Contacts app today and under the “What’s new” section, it has listed “Bixby English global launching.”

Is this a hint that Samsung is going to bring the English-language version of Bixby to Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ owners across the globe in the near future? Or does it just refer to the US launch of Bixby as the “global launching”?

Let us know what you think about this in the comments below. I’m sure many of you will certainly appreciate if Samsung went ahead and released Bixby for everyone.

Thanks, Abhishek!

Bixby 24

pedrinho1977
2 months 30 days ago
pedrinho1977

Here in Spain just got a bunch of Bixby updates from the Galaxy apps Store for global launch

2 months 30 days ago
bekkenes

I would rather have the ability to remove it from the hardware key.

danielhw
3 months 1 day ago
danielhw

quando teremos algo tao bom quanto a siri

asanka9410
3 months 4 days ago
asanka9410

How unlock my GALAXY S7 EDGE (T-MOBILE USA),may i unlock it buy flashing

whqhdrbs
3 months 4 days ago
whqhdrbs

I read an article saying at the end if this year Viv labs and Harman’s AI tech will join bixby and that’s when things get really interesting in AI market…currently Viv labs is in talks with many third party developers

Soufianitaly
3 months 5 days ago
Soufianitaly

Je l’ai acheté s8, plus dispositif pour la voix Bixby vite que j’espère mettre à jour Bixby et Hkuraa

maccyb
3 months 5 days ago
maccyb

Will be nice if it’s ready for the Note8..

bhanups
3 months 6 days ago
bhanups

All S8 & S8+ Indian customers are wating for Bixby Update.. Due to delay Numbers of consumers are planning to buy iPhone 8 instead of any Samsung Mobile…

maccyb
3 months 5 days ago
maccyb

So how do you know that? Did you do a nationwide survey? 😉

nathan807
3 months 6 days ago
nathan807

Why All mobile companies focuses USA? Samsung do not want to consider other county people as people..? Are we not paying for ?? Still I feel disappointment with my S8+. I should have stayed with S7 Edge. I have wasted money simply….

3 months 7 days ago
A sc

So glad I purchased the samsung plus 8 using visa I will be returning the phone as it was mis sold due to Bixby voice not being available in the uk that renders the device unsuitable for purchase under the sale of goods act

brendonx
3 months 5 days ago
brendonx

Unsuitable for purchase? How?

Its a phone and it can do what a phone details it can do.

Call and Text people.

3 months 6 days ago
fonix232

Actually… SOGA only protects you from false advertising. Since Samsung DID mark Bixby as “available in select regions only”, you’ve been technically informed about the feature not being available in the UK.

Besides, this is just stupid. Returning an 800$+ phone just because a single software feature is not available for you (which isn’t even integral to the use of said device)….

3 months 7 days ago
Mark Richardson

I wonder what the Aug 10, 2017 date implies. My contacts had been up to date for some time now, although I didn’t see the Bixby global launch.
I did however get a Bixby update today. No idea what was updated though.

frankypiama
3 months 7 days ago
frankypiama

I am not sure. Samsung is kind of unpredictable. Samsung Pay, even though it has been over two years it launched, is still available only at a handful of countries and banks. Now Bixby shouldn’t be so hard to rollout worldwide as Samsung pay. The could releasd English US and Korean (for those who speak it) while they work on other languages.

3 months 6 days ago
fonix232
Bixby isn’t just about the supported languages, but region-specific stuff too. Or do you want to get info only about US stuff happening? A smart assistant is about knowing where you are, and providing information based on that (and other variables too, but location is an important factor). To get local recommendations, the service provider must map local services that would be available, et cetera, which is a long process, especially with certification. Google can do it because they have practically been living off of this kind of information. They just assemble the database and bam, location based information at… Read more »
unrulyknxg
3 months 7 days ago
unrulyknxg

So can’t you download the APK file or something?

shtat
3 months 7 days ago
shtat

I have payed a fortune to get S8+ between my hands and still missing one of the main features which is bixby…. it is time to bring this thing for everyone A.S.A.P , other wise we will not consider any Samsung phone in the future

danielhw
3 months 7 days ago
danielhw

poxa sinceramente estou muito decepcionado o aparelho aqui no Brasil veio muito caro e oque me fez compra lo foi justamente pela bixby e ela nao funciona

o0MHJ0o
3 months 7 days ago
o0MHJ0o

“I’m really sorry I’m very disappointed the device here in Brazil came very expensive and what made me buy it was precisely by bixby and it does not work”

For those of us who wanted a translation

o0MHJ0o
3 months 7 days ago
o0MHJ0o

Messages updated recently to support “improved function with Bixby” as hopeful as I am that there will be a global launch for everyone who can speak a form of English, I really doubt it.

unrulyknxg
3 months 7 days ago
unrulyknxg

So can’t you download the APK file or something?

3 months 7 days ago
Mark Richardson

Yes you can, buy it won’t work until Samsung flips the switch due to the service being hosted by then.
Every command given is processed on their servers, and they won’t accept commands from country’s that aren’t turned on so to speak.

o0MHJ0o
3 months 7 days ago
o0MHJ0o

You have said that twice, I do not know what you mean. the contacts app update is available for S8s users in the galaxy store

wpDiscuz
Android Oreo Mega Deal! One year SamMobile Premium from €55 for €25! Android Oreo Mega Deal! One year SamMobile Premium from €55 for €25! X