Galaxy Note 8 said to feature force touch

Home / News / Galaxy Note 8 said to feature force touch

If a new report out of South Korea is believed, the Galaxy Note 8 is going to feature force touch. The technology will enable the handset to respond in a different way to varying amounts of pressure applied to the screen. This will provide users with an additional way to interact with their smartphone.

The force touch technology is commonly known as 3D Touch. Many manufacturers have implemented their own versions of this technology. It enables the device to provide additional functionality which can be triggered in response to pressure applied to the screen. Samsung introduced a version of this technology with the Galaxy S8 earlier this year.

The physical home button has been replaced by a pressure sensitive home button. Users can apply pressure on the virtual home button and receive tactile feedback. They can even push on the bottom of the screen when the virtual home button is hidden by an app to activate it.

The Galaxy Note 8 is going to ditch the home button as well the pressure sensitive alternative will be onboard. According to the report, users will also be able to press down on the display to open a hidden menu that will have shortcuts to different features. It may be the Air Command menu that has been a permanent fixture on previous Galaxy Note handsets.

Samsung is due to unveil the Galaxy Note 8 on August 23. We’ll find out more details about the handset then. It’s expected to release the Galaxy Note 8 on September 15.

Via

Phones 9

4 months 2 days ago
David Berry
I am disappointed with this. Only worth getting in black which will sell out quickly as no1 will want the colors with black front & back imo. I wish they spent the $ elsewhere than duel cams which I think is just a gimmick but the zoom will be good.& give me a phone 9mm thick with a bigger battery ffs! Note users don’t care about the phone being bigger than the average phone &never have. We want the crazy sot & standby times & don’t care if its thicker than an iphone8! All its got over my note7 is… Read more »
4 months 2 days ago
David Berry
Very uninspired design with the lame black camera & front. Makes all other colors redundant to me & I can’t see why they bothered with the color range & now this? Nova can pretty much add force touch giving options when an app is touched. I still have my 2 trusty note7s & the only thing making me want to change is the bump to 6g ram.& that my telco is meant to swap my note 7 for the 8 but I’m sure they won’t want the non working fire hazard back.(not that my 2 are broken) 1 is stock… Read more »
superg05
4 months 2 days ago
superg05

mostly useless feature

Milek29a
4 months 3 days ago
Milek29a

S8 have it already I think… just touch the home button on a locked screen – nothing, press it harder and the phone wakes up.

PeerBr
4 months 3 days ago
PeerBr

That’s true. The Note 8 will supposedly have it all over the screen though, like newer iPhones.

Ogishi
4 months 3 days ago
Ogishi

How do they ensure that this does not conflict with the Invisible Home Button?

4 months 2 days ago
David Berry

& how Will it effects the s pen wacom technology? Over time it may start playing up like the issues they had with the fp sensor under the screen. I don’t see that playing well with the s pen over time either.

o0MHJ0o
4 months 3 days ago
o0MHJ0o

the home button is only activated in one specific place, it shouldn’t be too hard to separate that from the rest of the display. Apple already do it, so honestly, how hard can it be?! lol

Ogishi
4 months 3 days ago
Ogishi

Has Apple ever embedded the home button under the screen?

wpDiscuz