July 2017 security patch being rolled out to Galaxy S8 and S8+

Samsung has started rolling out the July 2017 Android security patch to the Galaxy S8 and the Galaxy S8+ in a few markets, including Germany, Turkey, the UK, and the UAE. The update is available for the unlocked variants of the device, and should be rolled out to other countries soon. Apart from the latest Android security patch, the update also brings improved stability to the camera and wireless charging as per the official changelog.

The update with firmware version G955FXXU1AQG5Β or G955FOXM1AQG5 for the Galaxy S8+ (SM-G955F) has a file size of 750.41MB. The firmware version for the Galaxy S8 (SM-G950F) is G950FXXU1AQG5. It also contains a new firmware for the phone’s camera. If you’re in one of the countries mentioned above, you can download the update from the Software Update section in the Settings menu. You can also download the update from our firmware section and install it manually.

Firmware Details: Galaxy S8+

SaveSave

Source 1 Source 2

Firmware news 22

matturl
1 month 13 hours ago
matturl

Is anybody able to Fast WIRELESS charge after this update? I can’t get my S8 to fast charge wirelessly.

anand1921990
28 days 11 hours ago
anand1921990

The wireless charging is working as fine as before and it is charging much faster than before. Huge improvement from 1% charge from 3 mins to 1.2 mins. Overall the OS is extremely fast and RAM management is superb now.

matturl
28 days 8 hours ago
matturl

What exactly does your S8 say when you place it on the wireless charger? Does it say “Charging Wirelessly” or “Fast Charging Wirelessly”?

anand1921990
26 days 22 hours ago
anand1921990

It says “Fast Wireless charging”

matturl
26 days 18 hours ago
matturl

Maybe my charger is faulty then. I factory reset my S8 & that didn’t fix the issue I have with fast wireless charging.

kikoexe
1 month 2 days ago
kikoexe

it seems that this update brought back the aggressive RAM management.. I’ve seen the launcher redraw 5 times now since update, messenger is forced to sleep when you exit it and my available RAM is capped at 1GB at least.. before the update it was hitting 700MB – 760MB and I have not installed anything else after the update..

1 month 4 days ago
Parth Amrapurkar

Where can I get the theme? (Dark one)

xdamm
1 month 4 days ago
xdamm
So I finally got this update on my S8 and I have to ask if any of you notice your phone being considerably snappier? I notice that launching apps is now super responsive, especially when tapping the weather widget always seemed to have a 0.5s delay prior to this update but now the app opening animation starts immediately after touching an icon. I’m also noticing considerably better framerate in the UI and less dropped frames, especially in the music app where previously I’d get 3-4 hangs when scrolling through my albums list but now it’s scrolling super smooth without any… Read more »
wpbogdan
24 days 18 hours ago
wpbogdan

yes, mine is faster too πŸ™‚ exynos S8+

samsungfan99
1 month 5 days ago
samsungfan99

Galaxy S7 when?

Celso09
1 month 5 days ago
Celso09

BlackBerry, Nokia and Sony are doing a much better service with respect to Google’s security patches than Samsung, LG and Motorola. While the first three months send the patch from the first week (and the first two already complete their service that week), the other three only deliver from the third.
Although the correct would be if Google delivered the same patch to everyone on the same date (even if you have to do five different patches for each version of Android from Lollipop), as Microsoft already does with Windows.

Celso09
1 month 5 days ago
Celso09

In Brazil, curiously the first device to receive the July patch was the Galaxy J1 Mini.

Poojanpatel13
1 month 5 days ago
Poojanpatel13

Got it in India. Much improvements but Dose mode became so strong that i stopped receiving notification when screen is off.

1 month 6 days ago
Bhagya Bharadwaj

Received in India

1 month 7 days ago
adamlee92

performance does seem improved. but will give few days to settle. and battery too as it seems bit worse but is expected after new update. haven’t tested the camera yet

3ssmat
1 month 8 days ago
3ssmat

Best update, too much improvement.

matturl
1 month 8 days ago
matturl

I have the UK/Ireland XEU variant & it wasn’t available to me OTA today but got it by using Smart Switch on PC. Download was 3.3GB

1 month 8 days ago
laiop

If I flash stock firmware from the UK and I have firmware from another region, will the warranty/Knox be voided? I’ve got the Galaxy S8+ and I wouldn’t like to lose the warranty so soon.

marchulya
1 month 8 days ago
marchulya

yep. just got now this russian update with exactly the same size – 750mb!

o0MHJ0o
1 month 8 days ago
o0MHJ0o

No July patch in the UK

esepedazogsi
1 month 8 days ago
esepedazogsi

One doubt, the second picture, software information, what theme is it? Can you told us the name of the theme please? Thanks

sriram231092
1 month 8 days ago
sriram231092

You wrote that Samsung started sending JUNE secuirty patch in the very first line. I think it is JULY as per the headline. πŸ‘

wpDiscuz