Galaxy Note FE global launch could take place this month

As expected, Samsung announced the Galaxy Note FE last week, it’s the refurbished variant of Samsung’s ill-fated Galaxy Note 7. The company has initially released the handset in its home country of South Korea but it hasn’t ruled out a global launch for the device as yet.

According to the latest reports out of South Korea, Samsung has confirmed that it’s only going to sell a specific number of Galaxy Note FE units in the country. An official for the company confirmed to The Korea Herald that Samsung will roll out no more than 400,000 units of the Galaxy Note FE in South Korea.

While it hasn’t been confirmed at this point, the paper’s sources suggest that Samsung might launch the Galaxy Note FE in other markets across the globe later this month. What we do know is that the handset won’t be available in the United States, that much Samsung has already confirmed.

In case you’re curious, here’s everything that’s new with the Galaxy Note FE. The only major change is that instead of the original handset’s unsafe 3,500mAh battery, the Galaxy Note FE has a safer 3,200mAh battery.

It’s essentially the same phone as the Galaxy Note 7 but it’s priced almost 20 percent lower than the original handset. Samsung is selling it for 699,600 won in South Korea or $608.

Source

Phones 7

Celso09
2 days 23 hours ago
Celso09

Well, Samsung Brasil was already categorical in saying that Note FE will not be released in that country.

FXmAniac
9 days 4 hours ago
FXmAniac

I really hope they will release it in Europe. This phone feels absolutely perfect to me. It’s just the right size, has enough bezel to hold it comfortably and still looks stunning.
I don’t like what Samsung did with the “8” line. Especially the lack of front “hardware” buttons (home, back etc.) bothers me a lot. If the Note 8 is going to follow the same trends, it’s not for me.

o0MHJ0o
8 days 21 hours ago
o0MHJ0o

but why, about the front buttons? It was annoying the time I accidentally pressed the recents key while playing a game in landscape. they can be swapped to the preference of other android users or hidden completely for the “iPhone” experience with no onscreen buttons lol – except on the default home launcher.

FXmAniac
8 days 15 hours ago
FXmAniac

For me the more buttons, independent of screen, the better. I don’t play games a lot, but even if I do, Samsung Game Tuner eliminates completely the problem you are experiencing.
I just don’t get the idea Samsung tries to force to us customers. They are getting rid of useful buttons, giving a completely useless Bixby button instead. Even better, they are blocking this button from remapping to any useful function. I had an LG G3 once, with on screen navigation buttons, and was really missing the hardware ones. That’s why I got back to Samsung.

iamnigeloke
9 days 21 hours ago
iamnigeloke

Singapore will also unfortunately not sell the FE, numerous Facebook users asked Samsung Mobile Singapore’s Facebook page and all of their responses were that they will not be bringing the phone in.

jide ofor
9 days 23 hours ago
jide ofor

Hope it comes to Germany, looking forward to grab one. This handset is UNIQUE.

cavagsam