Galaxy S5 Neo Nougat update possibly being tested

Samsung launched a new variant of the Galaxy S5 over two years ago called the Galaxy S5 Neo. It had a different processor and support for LTE-A. The Galaxy S5 Neo featured a 5.1-inch 1920×1020 pixel resolution display with a 1.6GHz octa-core Exynos 7580 processor. The handset featured 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, a 2,800mAh battery and a 16-megapixel rear camera.

The company doesn’t appear to have ceased firmware development for this device as just three months ago, a new firmware update was released for the Galaxy S5 Neo which brought the March security patch for this handset, even though countless more recent handsets hadn’t even received the February patch by then.

The Galaxy S5 Neo (SM-G903) has now been spotted on GFXBench. The benchmark listing for the device tested reveals that it was running Android 7.0 Nougat. This strongly indicates that Samsung may be testing the Nougat update for this device. However, it’s unclear if and when the company is planning to release it.

It may be over two years old but the Galaxy S5 Neo is more than capable of running Android 7.0 Nougat. It has the same hardware specifications as the Galaxy A5 (2016) which is definitely getting Nougat. So it just may be a matter of time before Galaxy S5 Neo can get a taste of Nougat as well.

galaxy-s5-neo-nougat

Via Source

Firmware news 29

jonaced
2 months 12 days ago
jonaced

I do have a Galaxy s5 Neo …I hope to upgrade for Nougat 🙂

2 months 25 days ago
Sorin Alexandru

I’m the proud owner of an S5 Neo (SM-G903F) and i must declare i’m super amazed by the power this phone has. It has almost same specs as an S6. Since the S6 got the upgrade, why shouldn’t a phone with same specs and a newer release date get the update? I even emailed Samsung, but i got no answer from them. I hope we get the upgrade tho.

uma13636
2 months 25 days ago
uma13636

We want Nougat update for galaxy note 4

Celso09
2 months 26 days ago
Celso09

Strange this story.
Generally Neo and equivalent models (VE) “died” along with their original variants.

2 months 25 days ago
Sorin Alexandru

It has nothing to do with the S5. Compare them to see the differences. comment image

Gagandeol
2 months 28 days ago
Gagandeol

Why samsang not update galaxy s5 to 7.0 nougat… best S series of samsang smart phones and iphone update iphone 5s to IOS 11 then galaxy s5 is later from the iphone 5s …. iphone work perfect for update the smart phones …..stupid samsang

ASH8
2 months 27 days ago
ASH8

Root your S5, get Nougat 7.1.2 and weekly updates. Without the Samsung bloatware this phone is a dream to use, you lose none of its original features and in fact gain the Nougat ones like battery saver and split screen. Android pay, also new Oreo 8.0.1 will be available when released by end of year. S5 is fantastic and you can remove battery easily and replace it, use as a TV remote and as video player to dongle or hard wire.

ASH8
2 months 30 days ago
ASH8
Seriously, Samsung really does play with us. 1. For a Normal S5 G900i in Australia, right now is running 1st JUNE Security Patch with Vodafone firmware G900IDVS1CQE1 6.0.1 from Samsung. 2. It is just rubbish that the S5 Processor (SD 801) will not work with Nougat 7.0.1. You can get a ROM for G900i (root) using 7.1.2 and it works flawlessly (including Graphics, but your Knox warranty is tripped). While I like the brand I am fed up with greedy Samsung who offer no feature support after a few years of use from new and are basically told lies or… Read more »
ASH8
2 months 30 days ago
ASH8

And for the record, yes I am aware that Google says a hand set needs 64 bit or certain chip-set 805 or above SD, but the reality is a 32 bit 801 SD does work and is compatible as i said i have an S5 running 7.1.2, ‘Battery Saver’ and split screen works perfectly too…
I am certain IF Samsung insisted to Google it wanted it’s largest selling phone ever (S5) to have factory Firmware Google Nougat it would come to the party and licence it.
Isn’t the G903 S5 Neo a 32 bit device also?

yassine7
2 months 29 days ago
yassine7

S5 neo have exynos 7580 chipset .
Exynos 7580 is 64bits 🙂

ASH8
2 months 29 days ago
ASH8

OK, but as I said my S5 G900i with SD 801 32 bit works flawlessly with rooted ROM 7.1.2 (Nougat with June Security patch).

fcaroll
3 months 7 hours ago
fcaroll

A 2017 Will receive Nougat FOR SURE and certainly before our beloved S5 neo, I think

zakmza123
3 months 7 hours ago
zakmza123

What about the note 4… They found a test keys version on gfxbench but not sure if it’s real or not (it says Android Samsung edition test keys). Please it would be awesome no reason not to

CaloMarzi
3 months 7 hours ago
CaloMarzi

S5 NEO NO S5!!!! NEOOO

Shenoysiddhant
3 months 8 hours ago
Shenoysiddhant

So is there a chance of the note 4 getting nougat as well?

ProgreSSive92
3 months 8 hours ago
ProgreSSive92

I have S5 neo since January 2016 and I am very happy with the phone, if I upgrade to android 7 and optimize my energy consumption a little .. I’m happy .. I do not think I will change the phone soon … it works fine, the pictures are perfect .. Never disappointed me and passed easily over the generations 2016 and 2017, my opinion..

sorry for translate…

Acorns
3 months 12 hours ago
Acorns

Still wait for Nougat on my S6 here in the UK. Awful updates with Samsung

ASH8
2 months 30 days ago
ASH8

Wow, you are still waiting for your S6 in UK, my S5 rooted with Nougat 7.1.2 is awesome, never run better, fast, smooth, and can go into ‘Battery Saver’ mode which gives me almost twice the distance from 2800 mAh battery, split screen also works flawlessly.

wpbogdan

I am going to sell my a5 2017 and never buy Samsung phone anymore ever
Bye Shamesung

wpbogdan
3 months 8 hours ago
wpbogdan

“S5” >lol
A 2017 have nougat features already, so please leave samsung and go enjoy your new chinese piece of shit that can’t even display battery percentage

o0MHJ0o
3 months 13 hours ago
o0MHJ0o

A 2017 has most of the functionality of Nougat galaxies, including the blue light filter and enhanced notifications, that’s likely why they are not priority nougat upgrades right now. They’ll be one of the first to move onto android 8 though, I am sure after the S8s

Ahmed Momen Galal
3 months 13 hours ago
Ahmed Momen Galal

Did samsung forget the newest a series 2017 or what?

3 months 11 hours ago
Deepak

They’ll first update the 2016 A series Galaxy phones to Nougat and then the 2017 ones.

personanongrataf