Galaxy Note 7 customers will be allowed to upgrade to the Galaxy S8 or Note 8 for 50 percent off

We first heard a couple of weeks ago that Samsung was preparing a new compensation program for Galaxy Note 7 customers. It was reported a few days back that this program might offer substantial discounts on the Galaxy S8 or the Galaxy Note 8 both of which are due to come out next year. Samsung today officially confirmed its Galaxy Upgrade program for Galaxy Note 7 owners in South Korea.

Customers in South Korea who trade in their Galaxy Note 7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge are eligible to take part in this program. They will be eligible for an upgrade to a Galaxy S8 or a Galaxy Note 8 when the handsets are launched next year, the company said in a statement. It also confirmed that these customers will only have to pay half the price of their Galaxy S7 device before they’re eligible to exchange it for a Galaxy S8 or Galaxy Note 8.

Customers will also be offered a 50 percent discount on LCD repair costs twice. The Galaxy Upgrade program has no monthly fees like the existing Galaxy Club program. This new compensation program is open until November 30, Samsung will announce the joining method soon after consulting with its carrier partners. Customers who have already exchanged their Galaxy Note 7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge after the phablet was killed on October 11 will also be able to join by submitting a retrospective application.

The Galaxy Upgrade program has only been announced for customers in South Korea. It’s unclear if the company is going to launch a similar compensation program for Galaxy Note 7 customers elsewhere.

Via Source

Phones 30

krym73
3 months 1 day ago
krym73

These articles hurts the brand more than it helps. All these idiots feel like they need to be compensated when apparently they forgot that Samsung gave full refunds on damaged or non damaged Note 7’s and let everybody keep the gift they got for their purchase. On top of that gave them bill credit. People read that it clearly states this is in Korea but firmly hold the believe it will happen everywhere else as well, &become sour when it doesnt happen.

4 months 11 days ago
Abbas M Haq

Can i trade a note 7 with s8 plus for no additional price

krym73
3 months 1 day ago
krym73

Lmao, these are the type of customers im reffering to.

steelerstitch
9 months 1 day ago
steelerstitch
I was so adamant that I wasn’t taking my note 7 back… And then Dr. Oz put it on his show and scared the crap out of my disabled wife. So now I have the Galaxy POS 7 Edge, words can not describe how much I hate this damn phone and all of you so called journalists that have been pushing it as a viable replacement need to have one shoved up your smarmy asses. This phone is a PIECE OF SHIT I just want to throw it at a damn wall, but here I am stuck with it. Thanks… Read more »
moonbeamsyndicate
9 months 1 day ago
moonbeamsyndicate
I’m getting increasingly pissed off by Samsung sending me messages more or less demanding that I swap my Note 7 for a lesser phone. I sent them a couple of emails so far expressing my disappointment at not being given the same upgrade offer as the Korean Note 7 adopters. Also I have called them on their whole hysterical attitude. Do you think they’ĺl listen? This morning I got a message from them saying there wiĺl be another software update to limit charging to 60%. They seem not to realise or care that this is probably unnecessary- As far as… Read more »
krym73
3 months 1 day ago
krym73

Your causing all this hate on yourself. They’re not going to change their mind because of one person puts up a tantrum. If your not knowledgeable enough to block all crippling software updates like the rest of us…. just give it back

zoocas
9 months 1 day ago
zoocas

Although I agree with all that you say, the problem you have is if anything did go wrong eg cause a fire etc the chances are your house insurance would be void or car insurance and if it did cause death you would be sued for negligence

drmodify
9 months 2 days ago
drmodify

Hey sammie, want to recover from the note 7 fiasco?? Well first look for the cause of the note 7’s issue then take my simple advise:
Add the ff features to the Note 8:
Software optimization (I’m looking at you touchwiz) just like the pixel phones
6gb Ram
IR blaster
Optional dual sim model where in the SD card and 2nd sim can be used simultaneously
Do it and that will sell like hotcakes I promise you

zoocas
zoocas

Sorry, but the Note 7 was the latest flagship from Samsung, anyone who has returned it for a replacement has in effect downgraded. Faulty or not,you can’t upgrade a flagship phone.
Samsung, replace free of charge with the note 8 when it appears. This is the right thing to do. Or loose a few billion more in the process.

khoder almatrah
khoder almatrah

I upgraded to s7 edge once i returned my note 7, i got nothing thats disappointing for me.

zoocas
zoocas

You can all say what you like . It’s all bollocks to me. Samsung should offer a free replacement Note 8 to anyone who purchased a Note 7, no dithering, no question.
Lucky for me my Note 4 contract finish a month after the Note 7 was released. I still have my Note 4 and will have until the Oneplus 4 is released. I will miss my S pen more than the Note but it will be a very long time before I return to Samsung

yeoyoodang
yeoyoodang
I already have Galaxy S7 Edge which is excellent for me. H’ver, my son, who is always trying to use iPhone, has been changed to Galaxy Note 7 this autumn due to nothings are changed from iPhone 6 plus, his former mobile device. As you know, unfortunately, iPhone 7 has no more specific differences, my son changed form iPhone to Galaxy note 7. Currently, my son is still using Galaxy note 7 up to now cause the excellent performance despite the possible explosion. I strongly request him to change it, but the compensation plan is not enough for the royalty… Read more »
Bonedatt
Bonedatt
Dude, just because it makes sense to you doesn’t mean it does to everyone. What if I bought (on an installment plan) an S7 Edge in March 2016 (way before the Note7 was announced), and paid off half that cost, would I be eligible to get an S8 or Note8 next year? Even better, what if I buy the S7 Edge now (October 2016) claiming that I wanted the Note7 but it was discontinued, do I get the S8 or Note8 at half price if I pay off 50% of the cost of the S7 Edge? You see it’s not… Read more »
cmcapelli
cmcapelli

It’s an insult to Note Users. Discount should be at least 80% as of the problems caused to note´s loyal users

Nick Crossland
9 months 4 days ago
Nick Crossland

….of course the UK customers won’t get any discount or any other kind of compensation for Samsungs mess. Samsung UK don’t give a damn! The only customers that exist in Samsungs eyes are Korean and US customers.

Fwinst
8 months 28 days ago
Fwinst
U.S. customers have not been offered the S8/Note 8 replacement deal either. I’m hoping something will happen in that regard soon. This is probably not just a Samsung issue. It’s likely that local carriers have a say in this as well. Most probably don’t want to sell a bunch of S7/S7E phones now, only to get them all back within a year (many within 4 months). That’s why I am waiting to hear what is going on before I return my Note 7. I will shut it down, and put my Note 4 back on the account. But I will… Read more »
HossamAlMasri
HossamAlMasri

you forgot the Chinese

Nick Crossland
Nick Crossland

TLhanks Hossamalmasri. ……oh and the Chinese!

danny.1988
9 months 4 days ago
danny.1988

I don’t see this as a deal. I’ve paid full price for the Note7 an now I’ll have to pay for the S8, 50% on top of what I already paid for the Note7 ?
Where is the deal here?

maccyb
9 months 4 days ago
maccyb

The deal is you get a free replacement S7 Edge for your Note7 the price difference of about $100 returned to you. So you have a phone worth $800, you can sell it for at least $400 (probably more) as it’s only a few months old and get a Note8 for probably only $400, half price of S7 Edge. In effect it’s a free phone. You don’t need to be Einstein to work that out. smh.

pamelak38
6 months 20 days ago
pamelak38

I never got the S7E as a free replacement, I had to put it on an installment plan and pay full price

zoocas
zoocas

As I read it, you trade in your phone for anS7sell it for $400 use that sum to buy an S8 you have just lost $400

Bonedatt
Bonedatt
HossamAlMasri
HossamAlMasri

samsung will replace the S7 edge and give the S8 so it is almost a trade in program … nothing special

Vesta@12b
9 months 4 days ago
Vesta@12b

Only good thing I can gather from this is that the Note series isn’t dead, thanks Sammy, will hold on to my Note4 until the 8.

Beesdad777
9 months 4 days ago
Beesdad777

I decided to return my Note 7, for the second time, and get my Note 5 back. Does that not make me eligible???

Harrison G.
9 months 4 days ago
Harrison G.

So, what happened to rest of the folks around the world who returned the Note 7 for refund and are waiting for the new Note since S7 is not the phone we wanted to use. Especially those who needs the Spen. So what about us? As for now I am still using the Note 2 as interim. And I do not want any other phone.

iamnigeloke
9 months 4 days ago
iamnigeloke

SEC KR took that press release down just after basically the whole publications army publicised the press release. SOURCE link is dead.

SenorSjon
9 months 4 days ago
SenorSjon

So, do we have to wait almost a full year for a Note device to be available? I wonder if I can stretch my Note 3 that long.

JazzyJayBEE
JazzyJayBEE

I too still have the Note 3 but needed something new and could not see myself going backwards after having the Note 7 therefore I got the LG V20. Since I’m with T-Mobile, I switched to Jump On Demand with the hopes of jumping to whatever turns out to be the successor to the Note 7.

wpDiscuz