Galaxy Note 7 customers will be allowed to upgrade to the Galaxy S8 or Note 8 for 50 percent off

We first heard a couple of weeks ago that Samsung was preparing a new compensation program for Galaxy Note 7 customers. It was reported a few days back that this program might offer substantial discounts on the Galaxy S8 or the Galaxy Note 8 both of which are due to come out next year. Samsung today officially confirmed its Galaxy Upgrade program for Galaxy Note 7 owners in South Korea.

Customers in South Korea who trade in their Galaxy Note 7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge are eligible to take part in this program. They will be eligible for an upgrade to a Galaxy S8 or a Galaxy Note 8 when the handsets are launched next year, the company said in a statement. It also confirmed that these customers will only have to pay half the price of their Galaxy S7 device before they’re eligible to exchange it for a Galaxy S8 or Galaxy Note 8.

Customers will also be offered a 50 percent discount on LCD repair costs twice. The Galaxy Upgrade program has no monthly fees like the existing Galaxy Club program. This new compensation program is open until November 30, Samsung will announce the joining method soon after consulting with its carrier partners. Customers who have already exchanged their Galaxy Note 7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge after the phablet was killed on October 11 will also be able to join by submitting a retrospective application.

The Galaxy Upgrade program has only been announced for customers in South Korea. It’s unclear if the company is going to launch a similar compensation program for Galaxy Note 7 customers elsewhere.

Via Source

Phones 26

steelerstitch
2 months 26 days ago

I was so adamant that I wasn’t taking my note 7 back… And then Dr. Oz put it on his show and scared the crap out of my disabled wife.

So now I have the Galaxy POS 7 Edge, words can not describe how much I hate this damn phone and all of you so called journalists that have been pushing it as a viable replacement need to have one shoved up your smarmy asses.

This phone is a PIECE OF SHIT I just want to throw it at a damn wall, but here I am stuck with it. Thanks Dr. Oz

moonbeamsyndicate
2 months 26 days ago

I’m getting increasingly pissed off by Samsung sending me messages more or less demanding that I swap my Note 7 for a lesser phone. I sent them a couple of emails so far expressing my disappointment at not being given the same upgrade offer as the Korean Note 7 adopters. Also I have called them on their whole hysterical attitude. Do you think they’ĺl listen? This morning I got a message from them saying there wiĺl be another software update to limit charging to 60%. They seem not to realise or care that this is probably unnecessary- As far as I am aware NO European- sold Note 7′s have had any problems. The handset I have now is a replacement- one with one of the “safe” batteries- doesn’t ever get particularly warm. I know that 60% charge on the battery would be unlikely to last all day with varied use. Crazy. As I told them, their attitude to bully and intentionally disapooint custoners is only going to reaffirm that Samsung STILL doesnt’t care, and drive customers away. Shame. Personally I am happier with the Note 7 than I have ever BEEN with another Samsung phone. But as far as Samsung are concerned this is almost certain to be the last of their devices I will suffer. Apparently around 60% of European Note 7 owners haven’t returned their devices. No wonder. But I’m sure if Samsung WANT to fix the situation AND still be able to sell S8′s or Note 8′s they NEED to offer something MORE than just saying “Sorry we let you down- we’re not supporting the Note 7 any more- even in Europe where none have even smouldered- we plan to disappoint you EVEN further by attempting to limit the charge so that it’s effectively just TOO anoying to use so that you give in and send it back. We don’t care about YOU. Just our image”

zoocas
2 months 26 days ago

Although I agree with all that you say, the problem you have is if anything did go wrong eg cause a fire etc the chances are your house insurance would be void or car insurance and if it did cause death you would be sued for negligence

drmodify
2 months 27 days ago

Hey sammie, want to recover from the note 7 fiasco?? Well first look for the cause of the note 7′s issue then take my simple advise:
Add the ff features to the Note 8:
Software optimization (I’m looking at you touchwiz) just like the pixel phones
6gb Ram
IR blaster
Optional dual sim model where in the SD card and 2nd sim can be used simultaneously
Do it and that will sell like hotcakes I promise you

zoocas
2 months 28 days ago

Sorry, but the Note 7 was the latest flagship from Samsung, anyone who has returned it for a replacement has in effect downgraded. Faulty or not,you can’t upgrade a flagship phone.
Samsung, replace free of charge with the note 8 when it appears. This is the right thing to do. Or loose a few billion more in the process.

khoder almatrah
2 months 28 days ago

I upgraded to s7 edge once i returned my note 7, i got nothing thats disappointing for me.

zoocas
2 months 28 days ago

You can all say what you like . It’s all bollocks to me. Samsung should offer a free replacement Note 8 to anyone who purchased a Note 7, no dithering, no question.
Lucky for me my Note 4 contract finish a month after the Note 7 was released. I still have my Note 4 and will have until the Oneplus 4 is released. I will miss my S pen more than the Note but it will be a very long time before I return to Samsung

yeoyoodang
2 months 28 days ago

I already have Galaxy S7 Edge which is excellent for me. H’ver, my son, who is always trying to use iPhone, has been changed to Galaxy Note 7 this autumn due to nothings are changed from iPhone 6 plus, his former mobile device. As you know, unfortunately, iPhone 7 has no more specific differences, my son changed form iPhone to Galaxy note 7. Currently, my son is still using Galaxy note 7 up to now cause the excellent performance despite the possible explosion. I strongly request him to change it, but the compensation plan is not enough for the royalty consumer of Galaxy note 7 up to now. The compensation plan of Samsung shows less contribution of the manufacture, more sacrifice of the consumers… I believe that this specific situation, Samsung must share the loss and sacrification with their royalty customers at least 5 years, to recover their market reputation of best ever manufacturer in mobile. If not, most customers have more opportunities to choose another choices. The situation Samsung has encountered is more troublesome than they are recognised. Please Samsung consider the current situation and make consumer’s satisfactorily solution for more than 10 years forward.

Bonedatt
2 months 28 days ago

Dude, just because it makes sense to you doesn’t mean it does to everyone. What if I bought (on an installment plan) an S7 Edge in March 2016 (way before the Note7 was announced), and paid off half that cost, would I be eligible to get an S8 or Note8 next year? Even better, what if I buy the S7 Edge now (October 2016) claiming that I wanted the Note7 but it was discontinued, do I get the S8 or Note8 at half price if I pay off 50% of the cost of the S7 Edge? You see it’s not as simple as you make it seem. Also what if I paid full price for the Note7 and I’m being asked to return it for a full refund, I’ll have more than enough money refunded to buy an S7E at the full retail price. How then can I take advantage of this offer especially since I’m not on an installment plan? On the other hand, if you were making payments for the Note7 and you returned it for an S7E (still on an installment plan) , once you’ve paid half of the cost for the S7 Edge, you can swap it out for an S8 or a Note8. From my understanding, this offer will only apply to those who bought their Note7 on an installment plan, exchanged for an S7 or S7 Edge (again on an installment plan) and pay off 50% of the cost of their exchanged device.

cmcapelli
2 months 28 days ago

It’s an insult to Note Users. Discount should be at least 80% as of the problems caused to note´s loyal users

Nick Crossland
2 months 28 days ago

….of course the UK customers won’t get any discount or any other kind of compensation for Samsungs mess. Samsung UK don’t give a damn! The only customers that exist in Samsungs eyes are Korean and US customers.

Fwinst
2 months 23 days ago

U.S. customers have not been offered the S8/Note 8 replacement deal either. I’m hoping something will happen in that regard soon. This is probably not just a Samsung issue. It’s likely that local carriers have a say in this as well. Most probably don’t want to sell a bunch of S7/S7E phones now, only to get them all back within a year (many within 4 months). That’s why I am waiting to hear what is going on before I return my Note 7. I will shut it down, and put my Note 4 back on the account. But I will hold onto the Note 7 a bit longer, and hope for more clarity from Samsung and my carrier.

HossamAlMasri

you forgot the Chinese

Nick Crossland
2 months 28 days ago

TLhanks Hossamalmasri. ……oh and the Chinese!

danny.1988
2 months 28 days ago

I don’t see this as a deal. I’ve paid full price for the Note7 an now I’ll have to pay for the S8, 50% on top of what I already paid for the Note7 ?
Where is the deal here?

maccyb
2 months 28 days ago

The deal is you get a free replacement S7 Edge for your Note7 the price difference of about $100 returned to you. So you have a phone worth $800, you can sell it for at least $400 (probably more) as it’s only a few months old and get a Note8 for probably only $400, half price of S7 Edge. In effect it’s a free phone. You don’t need to be Einstein to work that out. smh.

pamelak38
14 days 7 hours ago

I never got the S7E as a free replacement, I had to put it on an installment plan and pay full price

zoocas
2 months 28 days ago

As I read it, you trade in your phone for anS7sell it for $400 use that sum to buy an S8 you have just lost $400

Bonedatt

HossamAlMasri
2 months 28 days ago

samsung will replace the S7 edge and give the S8 so it is almost a trade in program … nothing special

Vesta@12b
2 months 28 days ago

Only good thing I can gather from this is that the Note series isn’t dead, thanks Sammy, will hold on to my Note4 until the 8.

Beesdad777
2 months 28 days ago

I decided to return my Note 7, for the second time, and get my Note 5 back. Does that not make me eligible???

Harrison G
2 months 29 days ago

So, what happened to rest of the folks around the world who returned the Note 7 for refund and are waiting for the new Note since S7 is not the phone we wanted to use. Especially those who needs the Spen. So what about us? As for now I am still using the Note 2 as interim. And I do not want any other phone.

iamnigeloke
2 months 29 days ago

SEC KR took that press release down just after basically the whole publications army publicised the press release. SOURCE link is dead.

SenorSjon
2 months 29 days ago

So, do we have to wait almost a full year for a Note device to be available? I wonder if I can stretch my Note 3 that long.

JazzyJayBEE
2 months 28 days ago

I too still have the Note 3 but needed something new and could not see myself going backwards after having the Note 7 therefore I got the LG V20. Since I’m with T-Mobile, I switched to Jump On Demand with the hopes of jumping to whatever turns out to be the successor to the Note 7.